SMACK/ URL PRESENT: DOUBLE IMPACT LIVE UPDATE/DISCUSSION THREAD

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Oh you met smack staff once? That's cute. I've met Troy multiple times but you know what? Nobody cares. Shea Davis met smack too. Point is YOU are not smack staff, you're a consumer just like everyone else in here. So if I as a consumer say they had a product that was worth charging for take smacks dikk out of your mouth and stop pretending like you're URL staff. You're in this thread looking for updates like everyone else NuNu so you can get all the way the fukk out of here with that bullshyt. Irving plaza is almost twice the size of Gramercy so don't act like this is not a big event or PPV worthy. Last URL PPV all the unedited battles have a million views which is the end goal of them dropping battles so they're on a upward trend so whatever con you think there is it can't be any worse than not making a star packed event PPV. But what do I know right. I just manage a business that's worth more than the URL probably 6-7 times over. Don't quote me again, I'm going to live life while you wait here for second hand info because you trust that a PPV would have not been worth it.

That's lite!

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Notes from tonight

- Smack walked through the crowd while we were waiting on line. Dapped everybody up. It was really cool. He's the man

- Chess/ Steams vs. Marv/ Quest was crazy energy to kick off the event. Lots of haymakers. Marv and Quest looked really good. I had them winning 2-1, pretty sure that was the consensus. Really good back and forth. Crowd was live as hell for this one and both teams delivered

- Chilla/ Magic vs Brizz/ T-top. Chilla and Magic weren't necessarily bad but definitely outclassed. Chill and Magic just traded bars, didn't have any complicated set-ups like the other teams. Brizz and T-top were on fire. Brizz had the haymaker of the night with the golden eye line, crowd reaction was insane. I'll edge Chill & Magic the third round because I liked what they did (mimic'd each other style) and by the third I thought Brizz and T-Top just weren't as good as their first two rounds. Easy win for them though. Clear 2-1, maybe 3-0. Chill and Magic weren't terrible but were disappointing. Chilla did have a stumble which didn't help. Magic just isn't a great big room performer either it seems. For as lackluster as Magic and Chilla were, Brizz and T-top put on a show.

- Cortez/ Math vs. Aye Verb/ Yung Ill. Another clear 2-1 for me, Cortez and Math get the W. Great battle overall. Math & Cortez first two rounds were crazy. Crowd was fukkin with Math heavy. Cortez was on point too. Verb & Ill pretty much did a round each (with introduction from the other person) then the third round was more of a split. Yung Ill had a crazy performance. I think they got the third. Very entertaining battle and great to see Math back. This was a good one.

- Tay Roc/ Tsu Surf vs DNA/ K-Shine. Tay Roc and Tsu Surf were super impressive as a tag team. Every bar hit. Really an insane first round from them. Crowd was super into it. Round of the night probably. K-Shine got in his feelings over the way Roc was talking to him and fight nearly broke out as I'm sure you all heard. It was a 5 minute melee. DNA and K-Shine were their usual selves, a couple hard hitting bars but to me their first round was pretty average. Tay Roc was talking through K-Shine's sh1t, they got into a little argument mid battle and Shine lost hit sh1t. Straight squared up like he wanted to fight Tay Roc. Another confrontation and the battle was over. No way it continue. Honestly surprised something didn't pop off. Shine is just too hot headed. Roc shouldn't have been talking through his sh1t though. A messy battle. Roc and Surf had potential to deliver the best three 2v2 rounds ever, they were that good. I'm sure we'll see them team up again. Fat dude from Cave Gang was hella fukked up something and dancing on stage like an idiot.

- Clips/ TODD vs Saga/ Big T. Clips & TODD were surprisingly solid & dope all three rounds. I thought this one would be a stinker but they were on point. Lots of jokes. The third round was sort of focused entirely on Saga. Clips was talking to that dude. JJDD too. Saga and Big T were good but in my opinion just not as enjoyable to watch. Sure you all heard the battle got cut off early - just as John John was ending the third. They finished the battle outside which I missed. Even though I didnt see T and Saga's third to me it was Clips/TODD 3-0 no body. Really good battle especially given how exhausted the crowd was and how Clips and Todd are a really random pairing.

- Saw Hoffa after the event, dapped him up and welcomed him back. Dude was in really good spirits, seemed really happy with his comeback battle.

- Overall a pretty sloppy event tbh, given the (usual) late start time, delays between the battles, fights almost breaking out on stage and it getting cut short early. That said, it was a beautiful mess, all five battles were barfests, the crowd was live as fukk, and there was no team that seemed unnatural besides maybe Chilla and Magic.

I'm exhausted but glad I went. Salute to Smack & URL

good looks g :salute: