SmackDown finally going LIVE starting July 19!!! Brand split returning.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
This post should be sticked, as it's 100% true, which is shocking since it comes from you.

SVR 2006 and HCTP are tied to me, but SVR took everything HCTP did and just made it better. The 10/10 game would have been HCTP's roster + SVR 2006's gameplay. GM mode was a game changer (for me at least), and extended the life of the game more than a lot of other games I've ever played. All the ones after 2006 don't even exist to me, especially 2009 and 2010.

Oh god I think the last game branded as SvR was next level awful. Where they had introduced a new physics system and it was completely broken. It might have been the first WWE *year* game, though. Can't remember which. Probably both. Just straight up broken, janky ass games. Like those European WWF games for NES/Gameboy.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
This post should be sticked, as it's 100% true, which is shocking since it comes from you.

SVR 2006 and HCTP are tied to me, but SVR took everything HCTP did and just made it better. The 10/10 game would have been HCTP's roster + SVR 2006's gameplay. GM mode was a game changer (for me at least), and extended the life of the game more than a lot of other games I've ever played. All the ones after 2006 don't even exist to me, especially 2009 and 2010.
I loved SVR/SVR06/SVR07 but HCTP and Shut your Mouth are the two greatest games of the series primarily because of the lack of restrictions. When they tried to make the game more realistic they took away a lot of the fun

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
SvR or SvR 2006 are still the peak of the series. People always talk about HTCP, which was fun and had a dope ass roster, but the actual game play the first 2-3 games after it changed to SvR were never topped. I can't remember which was better, but gameplay wise it was so much deeper, intricate, and fun than the ones that game after. Idk why they got rid of the directional moves and all of the area specific moves. Then each year one or two moves would get removed.

There was a point where you could do the leg wrap/figure four around the ring post, slams into the steps via right stick, 10 count punches in the corner, 10 count chops in the corner, eye drags across the ropes. Pretty sure most if not all got removed after 2007 version.

You could also fight in the crowd area too

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Oh god I think the last game branded as SvR was next level awful. Where they had introduced a new physics system and it was completely broken. It might have been the first WWE *year* game, though. Can't remember which. Probably both. Just straight up broken, janky ass games. Like those European WWF games for NES/Gameboy.

Yea I didn't like any of the ones from 2009 and on. They really just made everything too difficult.

I loved SVR/SVR06/SVR07 but HCTP and Shut your Mouth are the two greatest games of the series primarily because of the lack of restrictions. When they tried to make the game more realistic they took away a lot of the fun

I loved Shut Your Mouth just cause it had a huge roster and finally featured a lot of the ECW/WCW guys, but thought it was pretty hollow. Would have loved for them to do a version of that on the SVR06 engine, but that's a lost cause. SVR & SVR05 were just way improved upon with the addition of SVR06. And you're right about the fun factor of the latter ones. Similar to Madden, where they tried to be 100% realistic, sucking all the fun out of it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Steve Austin weighs in
"I'm quoting Vince from the SmackDown stuff. It says, 'WWE's flagship programs will both leverage the incredible depth of our talent roster, distinct storylines, and the unpredictable nature of live TV.' Okay, lets go back to the 'incredible depth' of the talent roster. I don't see 'incredible depth'." Austin continued, "it is a lot of bodies, a lot of people, and talented people, but I don't think you can say your roster's necessarily deep. But you do have a lot of players or people they're going to try out and we'll see how they do. Are they going to make the all-star team by getting over or are they just going to be bodies that go out there and occupy time on the television screen?"

'The Texas Rattlesnake' stated that SmackDown cannot be presented as a secondary show if it is going to be successful. Austin noted that SmackDown may even become the more popular show because RAW is too long.

"The SmackDown roster can't be the minor leagues. It can't be the NXT of the big leagues." Austin said, "SmackDown could become the hotter show just because it takes less time to watch it, and, man, you know everybody has attention deficit these days, so I don't know. To me, it could have the makings of making SmackDown the hotter, more popular show."

Finally, Austin professed that the WWE World Heavyweight Champion should appear on both shows. This suggests that Austin is of the belief that the title should not be bifurcated back into the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship.

"I absolutely think that the world champion ought to travel back and forth [between RAW and SmackDown]." Austin added, "if the champion is on RAW, Reigns, who has the championship, goes to SmackDown, to me, that in and of itself creates something that I want to see."

Additionally, on the podcast, Austin discussed Cody Rhodes' future, Charlotte's RAW promo, and much more. Click here to check out the show. If you use any of the quotes from this article, please credit The Steve Austin Show with an H/T to Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
These banners are on wwe.com's shows page. Could this be a clue to the brand split or just me reading into it too much.

RAW banner
RAW_Show_Sub_Header.jpg

Smackdown banner
SMACKDOWN_Show_Sub_Header.jpg

THey know ppl will watch RAW so it look like the cool people are going to SD. At least for the time being.

They gotta make it a must watch.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if they're gonna do brand specific ppvs again?

That'd be a great selling point to gain more network subs.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I'm going to start an internet petition to make sure Botchedspot never release another comic

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Steve Austin weighs in

That's my Stone GOAT. Not sucking up to company golden boy Reigns or saying the product is brilliant, but openly criticizing it, being honest and offering rooms for improvement. Suck ups like Foley who sucks on Vince's lollypop are an embarrassment.

I'm going to start an internet petition to make sure Botchedspot never release another comic

You afraid of the truth? :usure:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
That's my Stone GOAT. Not sucking up to company golden boy Reigns or saying the product is brilliant, but openly criticizing it, being honest and offering rooms for improvement. Suck ups like Foley who sucks on Vince's lollypop are an embarrassment.

You afraid of the truth? :usure:

I'm afraid of the unfunny, breh. He should just rename it "Smark Talking Points".