SMH: Wal-Mart now let's you check out with your phone

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There greed knows no bounds they dont even pay the workers a living wage smh.

im legit confused as why you think working at walmart, checking off receipts with a high lighter, something that requires 0 skill or importance to the world, should be a livable wage and not an entry level part job for a young person?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You know those machines in the bank where you can deposit your own stuff and keep it moving.

I remember when the bank tellers would always tell me "ma am you can use it, let me show you." I always declined.

They use to be pissed at me. Then finally I told them "I want a real person to deposit my money otherwise you won't have a job." After awhile of them pestering me I started to use the machines and the bank is damn near empty.

Smh

A society with out jobs, how can I utilize all this great technology without the funds.

I see "Now Hiring" on almost every building near me, seems to me , the jobs are there , people just dont want to work them :sas2:

everyone wants to be an all star on instagram, no one wants to work at Denny's at 2 am :manny:

So if you dont want to be in this situation, create your own situation by learning a trade or a specialty of something you are good at and enjoy and can make money out of.

Dont complain about lack of jobs, complain to yourself in your mirror right now that you arent doing everything you can possibly do to better your situation.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
This isn't a bad thing. We shouldn't be holding back technology just to save people's meaningless jobs. Should we have never made cars so all the horse buggy operators kept their jobs?

What needs to happen is people need to be paid more and perhaps a universal income.

Without having to struggle to live and waste time working 35 hrs a week and then 25 hrs a week at another dead end job, free time can be used by people to better themselves and society.

Don't make innovation the enemy. They enemy is those with too much money and don't want to share.
But this technology isnt even all that useful. Lol at innovation, its just making people lazy and reliant on unneeded technology. Are self checkout lanes, automated drones that bring food to uour car really needed

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
But this technology isnt even all that useful. Lol at innovation, its just making people lazy and reliant on unneeded technology. Are self checkout lanes, automated drones that bring food to uour car really needed

If the job was that easily replaceable was the job to pay someone $15 a hour ever actually needed :ohhh:

if you have true purpose, drive and actual skill/talent in this world you will never be replaced in whatever you choose to do.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
You know those machines in the bank where you can deposit your own stuff and keep it moving.

I remember when the bank tellers would always tell me "ma am you can use it, let me show you." I always declined.

They use to be pissed at me. Then finally I told them "I want a real person to deposit my money otherwise you won't have a job." After awhile of them pestering me I started to use the machines and the bank is damn near empty.

Smh

A society with out jobs, how can I utilize all this great technology without the funds.

We're heading towards a Neo-Soviet like culture.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im legit confused as why you think working at walmart, checking off receipts with a high lighter, something that requires 0 skill or importance to the world, should be a livable wage and not an entry level part job for a young person?

Well for starters the company makes money of the backs of the workers retail takes more skill than people realize imo. You have to shoe great patience and stamina when doing those jobs and if you are decent at it its usually not because you where trained well but you have to just kinda figure it out.

Furthermore these wages arent even keeping up with inflation it's greedy to pay these people slave wages when a company is making that type of money. Not to mention irresponsible since long term it has a unnecessary drain on government resources. I know people enjoy having people to look down on but fukk that.

These jobs are no longer entry level. We made the economy a service based economy and no matter how well educated the population is some people are gonna have what you call low skill jobs at least give them proper pay increase for inflation, cost of living, and merit.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ontario is bumping min wage to 15 in 2018

Many supermarkets have rushed up expediting self checkouts

Even at McDonald's you just go to a kiosk now place your order yourself and wait

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
:snoop:

They're gonna hire less people.

They're putting local store outta business.

:snoop: I can't shop there, anymore.

Notice a bunch of carts had weird little things on them. I thought they were so people could hold their phones. Nope.

Capitalism is crazy.
This amazing . And don't worry, guaranteed income will be here soon enough