SMH: Wal-Mart now let's you check out with your phone

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:

What does this mean?

Oh well, invest your unemployment into mutal bonds and build capital via bank loans to build a business...never mind the million factors that have you working at Wal-Mart in the first place

Black folk; apathy is not a response to our problems
Just another example of smart-dumb nikka economics:snoop:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I talked about this and so did @West Coast Avenger but there are big companies that are developing AI to replace skilled workers right now, the AI will replace writers, engineers, even medical personnel. It's not just the low level labour intensive jobs these cacs are trying to replace
And that's what ppl dont understand

This isnt a poor person's problem

And it's gonna hit blk ppl hardest becuz we dont have any generational wealrh and rely on service jobs

They already proven the tech field is discriminatory

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who still shops at walmart :flabbynsick:
amazon or target. rather not get shyt than step foot into a wal mart with all the inbred crackers and old ass mouth breathers they hire :scust:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
damn you guys are behind. I buy my groceries via an app and it comes to my door in 30 min. I go to 7-11 and pay with my phone. Its been this way for like 3-4 years now. wechat is the best app the world has ever seen and im shocked no american company has copied the model. its a god damn swiss army knife

theres this one app, its a delivery service. you can buy anything from any store, and they go and pick it up, you pay a small fee like $3 and they pull up on a scooter. this is because all stores are attached to wechat and you can simply order online using your wechat wallet. its hard to explain, but japan, korea, china, all on this shyt for years. america is far behind asia in terms of apps and purchase.

bu bu but so lazy don't go outside, you got that right fukk going through traffic after work to go grocery shopping. 4-9pm is a living hell. sitting in that bullshyt for an hour to go 10 blocks. and then going home another 1 hour. a scooter can cut through that shyt real easy. i aint trying to be in no packed stores bumping into hundreds of people then waiting in a long ass queue, then the parking lot :scust:

i order about 10 min away from my house, by the time i get home and get into some house clothes my shyt is here :blessed:

ill go to a restaurant on the weekend out of luxury.

Last edited:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
But this technology isnt even all that useful. Lol at innovation, its just making people lazy and reliant on unneeded technology. Are self checkout lanes, automated drones that bring food to uour car really needed
How is having someone check out with their phone lazy? It's efficient. If anything it's less lazy since the consumer has to actually do something.

Why should a person spend their time mindlessly scanning something then telling another person the total and then to put their plastic card in a device and then having them press a button to okay it? Do you see how redundant that is?

Innovation is for the betterment of mankind. Finding more efficiency so people can concentrate on improving ourselves instead of "I worked 35 hrs this week for $8/hr"

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn you guys are behind. I buy my groceries via an app and it comes to my door in 30 min. I go to 7-11 and pay with my phone. Its been this way for like 3-4 years now. wechat is the best app the world has ever seen and im shocked no american company has copied the model. its a god damn swiss army knife

theres this one app, its a delivery service. you can buy anything from any store, and they go and pick it up, you pay a small fee like $3 and they pull up on a scooter. this is because all stores are attached to wechat and you can simply order online using your wechat wallet. its hard to explain, but japan, korea, china, all on this shyt for years. america is far behind asia in terms of apps and purchase.

bu bu but so lazy don't go outside, you got that right fukk going through traffic after work to go grocery shopping. 4-9pm is a living hell. sitting in that bullshyt for an hour to go 10 blocks. and then going home another 1 hour. a scooter can cut through that shyt real easy. i aint trying to be in no packed stores bumping into hundreds of people then waiting in a long ass queue, then the parking lot :scust:

i order about 10 min away from my house, by the time i get home and get into some house clothes my shyt is here :blessed:

ill go to a restaurant on the weekend out of luxury.
You are somewhat out of touch not every area offers these delivery services.

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
People who hated the idea of cars back in the day said shyt that sounds similar to what y'all are saying rn

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
How is having someone check out with their phone lazy? It's efficient. If anything it's less lazy since the consumer has to actually do something.

Why should a person spend their time mindlessly scanning something then telling another person the total and then to put their plastic card in a device and then having them press a button to okay it? Do you see how redundant that is?

Innovation is for the betterment of mankind. Finding more efficiency so people can concentrate on improving ourselves instead of "I worked 35 hrs this week for $8/hr"
Basically self checkout without the human element. Almost everytime I used that thing someone had to come over because the shyt acting weird:manny: You arent really saving that much time or being "efficent"tbh.
To bad thats not why the tech was made and using it isnt actually improving anyone.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Basically self checkout without the human element. Almost everytime I used that thing someone had to come over because the shyt acting weird:manny: You arent really saving that much time or being "efficent"tbh.
To bad thats not why the tech was made and using it isnt actually improving anyone.
Why the rest of us gotta suffer for your mistakes?