So are we holding Dame to a standard this year or does he get to play the perpetual underdog? Again

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
CJ
Nurk
Hood
Trent
Roco
Kanter
Collins finna be back
Picked up Derrick Jones
Melo still good for 15
Simons still developing

Like dude that is more than enough to at the very least make the conference finals and be competitive and not get swept like they annually do....this is all assuming Dame is the player y’all alleged him to be
:mjlol: THIS IS SUPPOSED TO
BE BETTER THAN THE LAKERS & CLIPPERS LET ALONE
ANY OF THE OTHER TEAMS OUT WEST?

:devil:
:evil:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Harden and Curry off top. Both expected to at least get their team in the conference finals....neither did. Both have had threads made about em and get shytted on
I’m pretty sure this the first thread ever holding Dame to any type of standard . Like legit , ever

I must have missed these threads. I saw threads about Curry faking his injury and Harden not showing up in big games but nothing about conference finals (especially when Steph played 2 quarters this year). I could be wrong. That said, Dame has been to the CF more recently than Harden. So with that and the fact that he's a couple weight classes lower, why would he be the person people are focused in on? You gonna shyt on Steph in the Warriors don't make the CF this year?

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
His team isn’t good enough because he and his contract holds them back. He ain’t in that level. He isn’t a number one on a title team.
:mjlol:SO DAMES CONTRACT
HAS BEEN HOLDING PORTLAND BACK?

:dead:IS HE MAKING MORE THAN
THE OTHER MAX PLAYERS IN
THE LEAGUE WHO PLAY
WITH ALL STARS?

DAME WOULDNT HAVE WON
WITH KD, AD, HARDEN OR KAWHI?
THEY ALL PLAY
WITH OTHER MAX CONTRACT
ALL NBA PLAYERS.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
:unimpressed:
I Don't know what you're talking about tbh brutha ... He's already made a conference finals what "pressure" are you referring to? This isn't magic ..in the NBA more than any other league the most talented team wins ...I don't recall the Blazers ever being in the top 5 as far as roster composition let alone the best ...If you in your brain believe theres 10 players currently CLEARLY hands down better than Dame I'd love to see that list and compare situations / team success
And he followed it up the next season by barely making the playoffs and getting hoed in the first round....and it’s not even just that he lost, he folded. And not a peep. That’s the point, dude routinely folds and underperforms when the lights get bright and nobody says anything. But at the same time he’s a top 10, allegedly. No other star has a lower bar to cross annually than Dame

And he folded in that Western Conference final btw. With a 3 seed against a very limited GS team that year, but again, not a peep. Pops up the next year and he’s allegedly better than the nikka he just folded against and had 37 a game dropped on :mjlol:

Y’all baby this dude. He goin on 9 years in now man

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I must have missed these threads. I saw threads about Curry faking his injury and Harden not showing up in big games but nothing about conference finals (especially when Steph played 2 quarters this year). I could be wrong. That said, Dame has been to the CF more recently than Harden. So with that and the fact that he's a couple weight classes lower, why would he be the person people are focused in on? You gonna shyt on Steph in the Warriors don't make the CF this year?
Me personally yes I will....even with a lesser roster than Dame. I got Steph finishing top two or 3 in mvp. But that’s what you do when you don’t grade players on a curve
Not finna address the rest of that nonsense. Curry gets “conveniently “ injured threads get made....Dame does that in back to back playoffs and nobody says anything :mjlol:
That’s the point my guy

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Expectations are always going to be low enough for Dame to get hot for a few weeks and overcome them. Once again Portland won't be good enough to REALLY get over the hump. Fact of the matter is, you aren't going to win a title or truly even compete for one with him as your best player and focal point. He ain't Iverson or Harden level.
Kuzma and Schroder for dame works for both teams :lolbron:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
His team isn’t good enough because he and his contract holds them back. He ain’t in that level. He isn’t a number one on a title team.
Who is in that level at his position? Who is this PG at a level youre speaking of? And Hes not deserving of his contract?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me personally yes I will....even with a lesser roster than Dame. I got Steph finishing top two or 3 in mvp. But that’s what you do when you don’t grade players on a curve
Not finna address the rest of that nonsense. Curry gets “conveniently “ injured threads get made....Dame does that in back to back playoffs and nobody says anything :mjlol:
That’s the point my guy

I can respect the bolded :ehh:

That "nonsense" was a direct response to what you said. You said CF appearance was the standard. Dame has been more recently than Harden. No one said anything about either of them not being in the CF last year. You are the one who chose that as a standard. You can't say that guys are multiple weight classes beyond someone AND wonder why they are not subject to the same scrutiny. Sounds like you wanna hold those guys up over Dame AND shyt on him for not being at the level that you are saying he's not at.

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
expectations are whats going to drive criticism toward dame and the blazers.

I expect them to be a 4-th6-th seed and more than likely lose in round 1 which means he will receive 1 of the 3 criticisms or praises from me

1. Portland misses the playoffs and dame plays atleast 75% of the games. I will say Dame failed to live up to his end of the deal and a player of his caliber should've had them in the playoffs

2. Portland makes the playoffs and loses in round 1 (the expected result) I will say he did all he could and he met expectations

3. Portland gets passed round 1 - damn dame had them overachieve with the roster he had props to him. respect his name he should've left portland he wont win there

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Show me how many posters on this board besides yours truly that thought the Warriors would win the chip at the beginning of the 2014-15 season...if Steph had such a stacked roster why didn't any of y'all predict he'd get a chip? :coffee:
Nobody ever has an answer for this because they weren't stacked prior to KD's arrival. Curry made everyone look way better than they actually were.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Curry is obviously the pinnacle at the point guard position in the league right now. That isn't even debatable.
CURRY HAS TWO 19PT WINGS
WHO CAN PUT THE BALL
ON THE FLOOR
AND A NUMBER 2 PICK CENTER
AT HIS DISPOSAL THIS YR.

ITS TIME TO SHOW & PROVE.
Nobody ever has an answer for this because they weren't stacked prior to KD's arrival. Curry made everyone look way better than they actually were.
THEY WERE THE DEEPEST TEAM
IN THE LEAGUE BEFORE KD GOT THERE.

THEY WON 2 PLAYOFF SERIES
WITHOUT STEPH IN 2016.

I GUESS HIS AURA WAS
MAKING THEM LOOK BETTER
FROM THE BENCH.