So Clinton Portis and Dante Culpepper are suing the NFL over concussions

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
:beli: So, in other words, they blew all of their football money.

You ALREADY know

How you gonna sue the league because you got injured while wearing all sorts of protective equipment, these idiots cant possibly have any sort of real case here, I can imagine a lawyer taking this case only to get some media exposure.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why, even though Goodell is an a$$hole, I can't totally blame him for some of the changes we've seen over the last few years. You guys have to hold these ex-players accountable as well. They're all in it for the money grab at the expense of the game as we know it. It's disgusting.

Daps
Before we start shytting on ex-players, it's been well documented that the NFL didn't fully inform players of the long term effects of concussions and head injuries. And if a player did know about the effects, it came from non-NFL medical staff or after they were already suffering from other problems or death (See Chris Henry).

That's really what this case is about. NFL and their medial staffs didn't inform players, especially players from the 60s thru early 90s (maybe early 2000s), about the long term effects of head injuries. They used to let them go back in games even when they clearly shouldn't have been allowed to. As an employer, if you expose your employees to that risk without giving them the proper info then you open yourself up for lawsuits which is exactly what's happening. The players do have a legit beef.

Also the older generation players didn't make as much so they can't even cover their medical bills related to football injuries. And if the NFL knew about the long term effects then they should have every right to sue.

Do some of y'all not care about these dudes?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
fukk you mean they have a point...nobody made them play football and make millions:russ:

Nobody made them play football and make millions but...

Did the league withhold concussion related information from players? Was their safety a paramount concern during their playing days? Did the league do everything in their power to address and treat concussions?

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's

Did the league withhold concussion related information from players? Was their safety a paramount concern during their playing days? Did the league do everything in their power to address and treat concussions?
i agree 100% BUT somewhere down the line common sense has to step in,my daughter 13 yr old and knows football is a high speed contact sport, long term damage is gonna be expected...that's like being a firefighter and not expected to get burnt or feel heat, you think you was just gonna chill in the firehouse and eat steak and collect checks...i also want to add that, these nikkas are getting paid a GOOD amount of money to put the RISK of there body on the line...not like these nikkas making 10.50 a hr:russ:...i stay in chicago and dodge bullets every other ,they can save this joe budden sob story for somebody else....nikkas talking to there attorney about a law suit with my house on they wrist:stopitslime:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )

This is true but its like people in the black and white days thinking that smoking cigarettes did absolutely nothing harmful to their bodies. At some point basic common sense should be part of the argument. Barry Sanders retired early for a reason.