So... my nephew tried to turn his "D" into a "B" on his progress report...

What should I do with my nephew's haircut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Personally I think you should let his parents discipline him rather than you be the a$$hole uncle:yeshrug:
Speaking from experience, I had to be the a$$hole uncle myself when my nephew's mom didn't want to be a mom so she asked me to discipline her child. The kid has more respect for me today than he ever will for his mom because I'm the only one who has really checked his ass.

STVNTMAN

All Star
Daps
OP lame for this one:smh:

Especially for coming to thecoli excited to post this :krs:

ottorocket

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii
Do you honestly think as his uncle that I haven't talked to him about the importance of keeping his grades up :what:? If he would've put half the effort that he did in typing up that fake progress report into his studies, the nikka wouldn't have a D in science in the first place. He hasn't been doing his homework, and he's been slacking. There's nothing bothering him except for his own laziness :camby:.

His mom is the one who told me about it. Read nikka.
Why doesn't the mom have him do his homework in front of her?

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
Drawing out the situation and asking a forum full of adults to take part in the punishment of a small child

Someone needs to shave an 'L' in the back of your head, breh

Luckily I'm my own barber :jawalrus:.

First off I'd say take him to the barber shop and get him fresh (or just finish the cut urself) and let him know u only had his best interest in mind. Communication is key, whether u think he's cool with it and understands it or not, it's better to know for sure than to assume. Then I'd talk to him and try to find out what interests him and help him pursue that more. If he finds something positive that he can channel his energy into it could have positive effects on every aspect of his life including his grades. Maybe u've done this already, if so I give u props and I'd say just keep at it, but embarassing him in front of his friends that he's already trying to impress and fit in with isn't gona have many, if any, long term positive effects

I've talked to him ad-nauseam about all of the things that you've mentioned. I want him to see that the same people that he's slacking off for, and trying to impress, are the same people that'll laugh at him for acting like a dummy and not doing what he needs to do in school. He knew he messed up, which is why he went through the trouble of trying to change his grade. I wouldn't have done this if he was forthright about it, and just showed his grade for what it was, and promised to do better. But the fact that his plan was so elaborate, thought out, and meant to deceived people - again, where was this cerebral thought process, and planning when it came to turning in the homework - I knew I had to approach this situation differently.

Most likely it will just lead to him trying even harder to impress them, leading to worse performance in school and some dumb shyt outside of school

This is what I want. I WANT him to try to impress people, but the RIGHT people i.e. me and his mother who bends over backwards for him in an attempt to give him the world and then some.

Folks been asking about his dad, he passed when he was less one year old.

Regardless of the outcome of the poll (:troll:), I know me and him will look back at this situation when he grows up, and laugh about it. These sensitive ass nikkas acting like I'm terrorizing him, or that this is putting him on the path of destruction :pachaha:.

Why doesn't the mom have him do his homework in front of her?

His mom is on those slave shifts.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

I've talked to him ad-nauseam about all of the things that you've mentioned. I want him to see that the same people that he's slacking off for, and trying to impress, are the same people that'll laugh at him for acting like a dummy and not doing what he needs to do in school. He knew he messed up, which is why he went through the trouble of trying to change his grade. I wouldn't have done this if he was forthright about it, and just showed his grade for what it was, and promised to do better. But the fact that his plan was so elaborate, thought out, and meant to deceived people - again, where was this cerebral thought process, and planning when it came to turning in the homework - I knew I had to approach this situation differently.

This is what I want. I WANT him to try to impress people, but the RIGHT people i.e. me and his mother who bends over backwards for him in an attempt to give him the world and then some.

Regardless of the outcome of the poll (:troll:), I know me and him will look back at this situation when he grows up, and laugh about it. These sensitive ass nikkas acting like I'm terrorizing him, or that this is putting him on the path of destruction :pachaha:.
After this response, I salute you 100%:salute:

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
How about working with him to try and fix the situation as opposed to working against him and fostering an environment of hostility? Sit down with him and explain to him why his grades are so important for his future

ottorocket

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii

His mom is on those slave shifts.
He needs to be completing his homework in front of someone whether that be the mom or you. If she's at work who does he have to go to if he has a question while working on it? Who checks his homework daily to make sure he's understanding the material? Yall gotta step it up man...it shouldn't get to the point where its halfway through the semester and yall just now realizing he's falling behind and failing to do homework.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be a single mother brehs:francis:
Have no Father in the home brehs:dame:

:ehh: much luv for helping your sis out tho