so Nas inspired the classic that is Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I never knew this..this should get a few of yous wet

“It was like my open letter to Nas,” she said. “I really wanted to be his girl so bad. I thought that I was gonna sing this song, I was gonna do a video, I was gonna look beautiful, and he was gonna be beating down my door to marry me. No...y’all think I’m playing, I was so serious.”

:gurl:

one of my favorite songs.

(I always liked the video for it too. that and Ashanti's Rain On Me.)

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Nas stans know this :hhh:

But nah lol, this is the epitome of an R&B classic. The whole album Complex Simplicity is just criminally underrated and is still one of the best R&B albums to drop in the past two decades, there's just very few that come close. Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, etc, none have an album as good that dropped since 2000. Mariah, it's actually debatable with Emancipation of Mimi but mainly because of how big some of those records were and it's popularity, not the overall writing, producing and cohesion of songs. Complex Simplicity still gets regular play from me and really captures the essence of R&B/Hip Hop throughout the album, really the last great one we've had from a female artist.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Mane you get mad props for this!

Teedra still bad, she aging beautifully. Shout out to Teedra, and she can sing her ass off. She in Sacramento tonight and I'm way out here on the East Coast, I'd damn sure be at that show!

Nas probably all in her DMs right now, I would be if I was him lmao...

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

But nah lol, this is the epitome of an R&B classic. The whole album Complex Simplicity is just criminally underrated and is still one of the best R&B albums to drop in the past two decades, there's just very few that come close. Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, etc, none have an album as good that dropped since 2000. Mariah, it's actually debatable with Emancipation of Mimi but mainly because of how big some of those records were and it's popularity, not the overall writing, producing and cohesion of songs. Complex Simplicity still gets regular play from me and really captures the essence of R&B/Hip Hop throughout the album, really the last great one we've had from a female artist.
Dont forget Amerie’s All I Have.

Daps
In the Rotten Apple, take a bite taste the worm
Embrace the world of reality we're faced to learn
Coke connection drug bust, graveyards where thugs rest
I keep my mug blessed, the evil is illegal substance sold
Roll mob deep, guns in the black Jeep
Mac-11's and legends, cracks in the streets
Patroller, gold money-folder, gun happy soldiers
Never sober takin over, my blood is colder
nikkaz respect violence so I become it
I'm from it, I even done it blunted so run it:blessed:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

Blassic !!!

As a teedra fan I been knew this .

Classic album !!!

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard the live version of this album it’s just :wow:.

I hope someone can find a link I’ve been looking for years .

I burned this a long time ago on cd and don’t have a clue where I put the cd .