so Nas inspired the classic that is Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
“It was like my open letter to Nas,” she said. “I really wanted to be his girl so bad. I thought that I was gonna sing this song, I was gonna do a video, I was gonna look beautiful, and he was gonna be beating down my door to marry me. No...y’all think I’m playing, I was so serious.”
A groupie with a record deal :loldenzel2:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
All Nas stans know this :hhh:

But nah lol, this is the epitome of an R&B classic. The whole album Complex Simplicity is just criminally underrated and is still one of the best R&B albums to drop in the past two decades, there's just very few that come close. Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, etc, none have an album as good that dropped since 2000. Mariah, it's actually debatable with Emancipation of Mimi but mainly because of how big some of those records were and it's popularity, not the overall writing, producing and cohesion of songs. Complex Simplicity still gets regular play from me and really captures the essence of R&B/Hip Hop throughout the album, really the last great one we've had from a female artist.

Emancipation of Mimi is close but I agree, Complex Simplicity is the best R&B album of the last 15-20 years

flah_neon

Rookie
Daps
Street fighter song better.........lowkey she was a rap groupie haha