So You’re Rich for an American. Does That Make You Rich for New York?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
We'll be on 3rd St in Santa Monica, so the beach won't be far

:shaq:

I'm the cheapest person alive, so this isn't easy for me... but I'd never hustle backwards. My wife was chosen to open up an office out there and the person in the same role here makes $1 million a year. She already makes a little more than a tenth of that.

:wow:
:leon:

Best of luck. :salute:

And that's prime real estate, Santa Monica is where it's at as far as LA living is concerned, because the beach always keeps the temperature in that city perfectly regulated. Not to mention the city is completely laced with contemporary fixtures, the only downside maybe traffic during the weekends. But the new subway should reduce some of the flow of it....

The coli doing big things :to:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/apa/4641572100.html

that's an "affordable" listing, and when you go to the open house theres going to be like 30 other people there for the viewing competing to get it
1900$ for a 5-600sq foot studio, no bedrooms. just a square living area :dead:
and thats the more 'desirable' parts of the city

for just 3,034$, you can have this HUGE 465 square foot remodeled broom closet:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/apa/4645813932.html
Jesus christ you win that is ridiculous, in LA you can at least get a 2br2ba for 1900, in a good neighborhood.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus christ you win that is ridiculous, in LA you can at least get a 2br2ba for 1900, in a good neighborhood.

yea... and the fukked up thing is, u move 40 miles outside of SF to some boring suburb and think you're going to save money because you're not in SF. wrong
1br still going for 2k :camby:

but let these dudes here tell it, it's "worth it" :childplease:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/apa/4641572100.html

that's an "affordable" listing, and when you go to the open house theres going to be like 30 other people there for the viewing competing to get it
1900$ for a 5-600sq foot studio, no bedrooms. just a square living area :dead:
and thats the more 'desirable' parts of the city

for just 3,034$, you can have this HUGE 465 square foot remodeled broom closet:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/apa/4645813932.html

Damn those apartments are jokes. Thanks for the thread on SF/Bay btw. What's your assessment of San Jose? I doubt I could do the West Coast thing too laid back for me.

I'm really happy I'm in NY, I have a great quality of life, and feel challenged here. I pay a hefty sum a year for rent but for the money it's well spent. That said I'm here for the long haul, I have family and friends here.

West Indian Day Parade today

:blessed:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:wtf: @ these retardedly high rents :smh:

That's why I could never live in NY or Cali, even if not having to have a car sort of balances it out. Right now my rent (for an average-sized 1-bedroom apt) is about $500/mo. I could easily get a house somewhere for <$1000.

I'd literally be paying like 4-8 times more in those cities, which is just ridiculous. I don't see how people in NY or San Fran do it. And not having to drive wouldn't come remotely close to balancing it out (in my case) since my job's only a few miles away. For what people there pay in rent, I could literally have like three different cribs with cars for each one. :dead:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn those apartments are jokes. Thanks for the thread on SF/Bay btw. What's your assessment of San Jose? I doubt I could do the West Coast thing too laid back for me.

I'm really happy I'm in NY, I have a great quality of life, and feel challenged here. I pay a hefty sum a year for rent but for the money it's well spent. That said I'm here for the long haul, I have family and friends here.

West Indian Day Parade today

:blessed:

san jose is a huge sausage fest, theres some decent spots to hit up and arguably has a better nightlife than SF but still :camby: it's crazy expensive. santa clara county has the highest median household income in the nation, i think they said if u make under 75k you're considered low income. if you're doing good in BK/nyc i wouldnt recommend you move... anywhere you move to you'll feel its too slow, too homogeneous. SJ is the 3rd biggest city in the state but doesnt really feel like a big city, despite having 200k more ppl than SF. also you'll more than likely be paying higher rent to live in a smaller, less interesting, less appealing, less diverse city.

:wtf: @ these retardedly high rents :smh:

That's why I could never live in NY or Cali, even if not having to have a car sort of balances it out. Right now my rent (for an average-sized 1-bedroom apt) is about $500/mo. I could easily get a house somewhere for <$1000.

I'd literally be paying like 4-8 times more in those cities, which is just ridiculous. I don't see how people in NY or San Fran do it. And not having to drive wouldn't come remotely close to balancing it out (in my case) since my job's only a few miles away. For what people there pay in rent, I could literally have like three different cribs with cars for each one. :dead:

to be fair, if you live in detroit then that explains itself... but i know what you mean in regards to the rent in both places (sf/nyc)
what i keep saying is, nyc is the premier city in the country, so the rent is justified, u literally r paying rape prices to live in the goat city. the bay area is not new york city, and weather alone doesnt justify paying 2,000$ to live in a sleepy suburb full of middle aged filipinos 40 miles outside of San Francisco

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
@sfgiants :sas2:

But someone explain to me why the wages in SF are so high, not every one there can be working for silicon valley.

And breh the rent is too Damn high in SF, I heard it's around 4-5k on average...

Edit: also forgot LA wages aren't like SF, on average.

Median income in San Jose is 90k. It's not just SF. All cities in the Bay have the same income distribution.

The Silicon Valley (San Jose/Santa Clara) is a land of dinosaur companies. All the hot businesses are in the peninsula ( south San Fran down to Palo Alto). Most young people live in the city and ride private buses to the Peninsula.

While Driving up to San Francisco in the morning when I have a client out there , I used to see dozens of these private buses with logos like Facebook, EA, Genentech and of course Google. Now, I see 100's. It is a very weird site.

There is a recently built condo near a client site in SF... The condos are 900sqft. The asking price is 1.2 million.

In San Jose, track-houses are now 700-1.2 million. Most buyers pay in cash.

A one-story 2 bedroom house located anywhere in the peninsula is going cost 2.5 million..... In an auction, surrounded by cash-only buyers.

It's only a matter of time before all those poor people in East Palo Alto get the boot. It's the only city that is poor in the entire peninsula. It's also the only city with an African Amercian presence. Blacks have been slowly forced out of San Jose and San Francisco for the last 15 years.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Man jus
Median income in San Jose is 90k. It's not just SF. All cities in the Bay have the same income distribution.

The Silicon Valley (San Jose/Santa Clara) is a land of dinosaur companies. All the hot businesses are in the peninsula ( south San Fran down to Palo Alto). Most young people live in the city and ride private buses to the Peninsula.

While Driving up to San Francisco in the morning when I have a client out there , I used to see dozens of these private buses with logos like Facebook, EA, Genentech and of course Google. Now, I see 100's. It is a very weird site.

There is a recently built condo near a client site in SF... The condos are 900sqft. The asking price is 1.2 million.

In San Jose, track-houses are now 700-1.2 million. Most buyers pay in cash.

A one-story 2 bedroom house located anywhere in the peninsula is going cost 2.5 million..... In an auction, surrounded by cash-only buyers.

It's only a matter of time before all those poor people in East Palo Alto get the boot. It's the only city that is poor in the entire peninsula. It's also the only city with an African Amercian presence. Blacks have been slowly forced out of San Jose and San Francisco for the last 15 years.
Damn talk about hypocrisy, for such a "progressive" area, it has many capitalistic undertones.

@DEAD7 :snoop: there's your queue....

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
san jose is a huge sausage fest, theres some decent spots to hit up and arguably has a better nightlife than SF but still :camby: it's crazy expensive. santa clara county has the highest median household income in the nation, i think they said if u make under 75k you're considered low income. if you're doing good in BK/nyc i wouldnt recommend you move... anywhere you move to you'll feel its too slow, too homogeneous. SJ is the 3rd biggest city in the state but doesnt really feel like a big city, despite having 200k more ppl than SF. also you'll more than likely be paying higher rent to live in a smaller, less interesting, less appealing, less diverse city.

to be fair, if you live in detroit then that explains itself... but i know what you mean in regards to the rent in both places (sf/nyc)
what i keep saying is, nyc is the premier city in the country, so the rent is justified, u literally r paying rape prices to live in the goat city. the bay area is not new york city, and weather alone doesnt justify paying 2,000$ to live in a sleepy suburb full of middle aged filipinos 40 miles outside of San Francisco

I am a lot older than this guy, but when I was in my early 20's San Jose had a great night scene. It seems dead to me now, but I don't party like that anymore.

San Jose is also more of a traditional sprawling California city. San Francisco is more like New York.

San Jose is now where as expensive as the peninsula or San Francisco.

San Jose, Milpitas and Fremont are definitely the most affordable places in the bay. There are no black people out here, so if that is an issue for you, I wouldn't move here.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I am a lot older than this guy, but when I was in my early 20's San Jose had a great night scene. It seems dead to me now, but I don't party like that anymore.

San Jose is also more of a traditional sprawling California city. San Francisco is more like New York.

San Jose is now where as expensive as the peninsula or San Francisco.

San Jose, Milpitas and Fremont are definitely the most affordable places in the bay. There are no black people out here, so if that is an issue for you, I wouldn't move here.
:patrice: Interesting, you would think having a higher min wage would help prevent/curtail the 'ethnic cleansing' being described in San Fran and the rest of the bay area...

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Man jus

Damn talk about hypocrisy, for such a "progressive" area, it has many capitalistic undertones.

@DEAD7 :snoop: there's your queue....

Progressivism is the source of the inequality. There are very strict zoning laws, so Housing Supply can never meet housing demand ever.

I was a active member of Bay Area conservative action groups before. They will never win in Bay Area ever. The most wealthy areas in the Bay are actually the bluest areas. I know this because, I saw the constituent data, and went door-to-door for volunteer "walks". We actually have given up and started endorsing blue dog democrats.

The Prius driving whole foods liberals drive up the costs of everything.

In the Bay Area, a lot of the blue collar work-shifts (warehouse guys, truck drivers and so on) end at around 2pm. (6 am to 2pm shifts). Around 2pm, there is bumper-to-bumper traffic from 680 to 580 coming from the South Bay and 580 coming from the east bay. The bumper-to-bumper traffic ends at I5 in Stockton. The blue collar workers work in the bay and live Tracy/Stockton. It's 2 hour commute in traffic one-way... That is horrible life. I am lucky that I don't have to do that everyday.

At 9am on the 101 you will see 100s of BMWs, Teslas, and Mercedes driving up and down. Conversely at 2pm on the east bound 580, you will see trucks, 90s model Hondas and 10 year old sedans.

The bay is actually a very fukked up place.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Progressivism is the source of the inequality.
qlyYqqr.gif

#factsonly