Software engineer spent 8 hrs daily applying to entry-level coding jobs for 6 months | Rejected 357x

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes it does. I've seen people go from the business side to the informatics side. I've seen nurses go from that side to the informatics side
Rarely does it happen usually the person ends up taking a cert or some other education to make that move. These major companies that you recommend ,often teams are split by buildings sometimes even campuses so even interacting with other teams is rare. HR is also extremely slow with loads of red tape at these companies which again makes this type of move very hard because there would probably be 10s of people that would need to sign off on it.

I used to work as a contractor at a faang company for 2 years along with many other contractors and hardly anyone was able to successfully apply for a position and get it as a full time employe. There where many contractors including me who were as knowledgeable as the fte's but still had no luck making that move. Contractors did about 60% of the same job fte's did but yet very few had success applying let alone getting a full time position.

Companies for whatever reasons hardly let people make these moves same way companies already expect employees to have experience. It's easier to make these type of moves at startups where there is less red tape.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
They want people with professional experience. She could’ve aimed lower and went for a Technical Customer Service position and gotten in sooner.
What's a technical customer service position?

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm not sure why Companies don't want to hire juniors and just stick it out with them for a few years until they improve

I mean I know they can up and leave but if the pay is right and the work environment isn't toxic retention should be decent at worst

Why don’t they just do 2 year contracts? That way they can’t leave without paying back the employer and the junior employee gets job experience. It’s win-win

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I just started down the same path as her.

Only I’m not paying for no bootcamp.
I’m going down the same path as well. I will start applying in December. Only I won’t be marketing myself as a newbie.

It seems like a lot of new self taught coders think they know enough but they don’t.

And they also don’t prep for interviews well so they come off as being more amateur.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps