Sohh Drake's new album has sparked a USA vs UK beef :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Jamaican music was big bro. The main reason black jamaicans were brought to the UK was to work shyt jobs & entertain cacs with music, so the music scene in Jamaica was pretty strong
It was already influenced by AAs before it was fully formed.
The converse doesn't apply.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:mjgrin:
Blacks have been overrepresented in the military since the revolutionary war

You're being up Messicans like they were s factor in the military until the 20th century :mjgrin:

Y'all forget whites listen to black music too which is why the what about white music argument is irrelevant

Historically AA don't leave the US and when they do it's usually in a official capacity , especially through the military :mjgrin:

Things don't just happen just because.
you basically have no overall point. Your post is all over the place

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Can I get evidence of your statement, sir:jbhmm:
Scroll up and refer to @IllmaticDelta scans. Actually read them.
Reggae wouldn't exist if it wasn't for R&B and Jazz.
No Afram music has a similar background. Mento is their native music. Reggae is a child of mento, AFRAM jazz, and AFRAM R&B

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The coli has been telling me differently for years :yeshrug:
illmatic keeps using these Kingston upper class things to claim jazz was widespread and popular in Jamaica in the 1910s/1920 while ignoring that most of Jamaica was rural (not in Kingston) illiterate (not going to school , not reading announcements or ads for performances) and poor ( could not afford radios etc.)

Kingston was still a small city (still the largest city as Jamaica was still rural) until the 1920s when it incorporated St. Andrews parish
literacy has nothing to do with consuming music:mindblown:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
you basically have no overall point. Your post is all over the place
Or you just don't understand
literacy has nothing to do with consuming music:mindblown:
it does when you use newspapers and ads to prove popularity of something

The same logic being use is the same I see U.K. Brehs use when they claim grime is getting popular in the US. They post pics of small scale US tours as proof it's popular but we know better.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The UK and Canada aren't the same... East African brehs have a strong trolling culture and large diaspora. They caught the same ass whooping every other voluntary newcomer group gets...now they can hit back online.
Son is still not an AA as hard as he tries:yeshrug:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I ain't gonna lie I like some of them in small doses. I've never checked out their projects so I can't say that I'm a "fan"

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Those are the most buzzing young new rappers not weakest :pachaha:. Hell desiigner had the biggest recent song in the USA :dead:
Here are some of ours. Undeniable the skill level and talent here is >>>>
All you can say is "that acent dawwwwg"

Hus with the melodies

First time hearing those songs and they are dope. Heard of Krept & Konan but everyone else is new to me.

Giggs verse was still trash and a bad look for the country tho :pachaha:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
First time hearing those songs and they are dope. Heard of Krept & Konan but everyone else is new to me.

Giggs verse was still trash and a bad look for the country tho :pachaha:

I think he mopped uo Drake but fair enough

What you think about this song and Giggs verse. Considered Classic out here and Giggs was quoting this for his KMt verse

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think he mopped uo Drake but fair enough

What you think about this song and Giggs verse. Considered Classic out here and Giggs was quoting this for his KMt verse

Not a fan. The video corny AF. The Batman line grew on me in the Drake song (the idea of rhyming with the sound of another song instead of words is unique ) but the fact that it is actually a reference to another song where the line isn't great is kinda meh. The only other line that is memorable is the Cersei line but everyone has 'white girl' references

Also he got the same voice/rhyme scheme/something I can't put my finger on in his raps. There is a versatility that is lacking for Giggs