(Some) Black Women are mad about Michelle Obama hugging Kanye in Childish Gambino's new video

Daps
We seem to have an excess population of angry black feminists. Hopefully they'll divest, so we won't have to get rid of them ourselves when the time comes.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:dahell: My first post in this thread was to answer a question: why are bw so drained? who all are they expending so much energy and money on? I responded, 'Their families, which yes, often include a mother and siblings, some of whom doing right, some of whom ain't.' How is that unclear to you???

On the usage of the rhetorical 'you', nonsense. I clearly used 'they' in my posts, indicating the general nature of my point. You responded thusly.

Rhetorical where? :heh:

Back to the point, I don't consider working poor (the vast majority of bp) to be hangers on and deadbeats to be disposed. Apparently you do. Are you aware that pension funds all across the country have been raided? That even the people who worked all their lives may need help? That the social safety net we all paid into is being gutted? That black men getting locked up and locked out of the legal economy before they're of drinking age? And your big solution is to abandon them and shyt on the exhausted and demoralized bw doing what you self-admittedly won't?

:rudy: :mindblown:
The "You" was the rhetorical part, you meaning anyone. Didn't think I had to explain that.

My solution was actually to disengage from those that will drown you. I don't know why that is so hard to understand or such a bad thing? As I've said before I have had to take care of
Their families. Mama need the light bill paid and Lil Jon Jon sleeping on the couch but ain't working. Sister Tanisha kids need school clothes.
Oh so lil jon is working poor now? Why isn't he working. Both my cousins went up for attempted murder, came home and got jobs. shyt one of them went back up and came home and got work.
And why are Tanisha's kids my problem now? I'm a repair child, I grew up basically being responsible for rectifying the fukk ups of those before me and carrying the load I didn't create and shouldn't have had to carry. It cost me thousands of dollars and missed opportunities. I'm no longer paying for the poor decisions of other people, for three whole years I did that. And the only thing it got me was angry. I support those who show sparks of promise. :stopitslime: Maybe if we started doing that , bw would be less tired.:jbhmm:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
That image is just sad.

Imagine being part of a people where the men see all their women as their mothers. Imagine seeing men who are grown expecting women to save them from their emotional instability. Now imagine seeing other races men leading their women, protecting their women, saving their women. Black people need to wake up before its too late.
You make a very valid point. :jbhmm:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Maybe if we started doing that , bw would be less tired.:jbhmm:
If you accept that the differences btwn men and women are more than physical, it would be obvious why they aren't doing that.

And once again, I'm speaking in aggregate and you talking about individuals and how they moving wrong under an almost inescapable system of white supremacy. I hate these a-historical, smart dumb nikka 'solutions'. While you do all that, people gotta eat and Trump bout to start sending out care packages instead of food stamps.

Strong avvy to post correlation.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
After reading most of the comments on here and twitter, I can understand both sides of the argument.

On the surface, it seems like Gambino is implying that Kanye needs a mother figure in his life since his passed away.

However, it seems ironic that the creator of the video has a non-black wife as well as Kanye. This comes across as patronising, making it seem as if black women should only be there to comfort us emotionally, but not good enough to wife.

You see this a lot in our community where our men are coddled and are allowed to get away with way more shyt than our sisters. If you haven’t seen this, you’re being wilfully ignorant.

Yes, there are some black women who just hate black men and vice versa, but in this case it is a valid gripe. A lot of black women have been taught to be both strong and nurturers but are rarely allowed to display being vulnerable. How can you not expect them to feel resentful?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you accept that the differences btwn men and women are more than physical, it would be obvious why they aren't doing that.

And once again, I'm speaking in aggregate and you talking about individuals and how they moving wrong under an almost inescapable system of white supremacy. I hate these a-historical, smart dumb nikka 'solutions'. While you do all that, people gotta eat and Trump bout to start sending out care packages instead of food stamps.

Strong avvy to post correlation.
Yes, yes the world turns on and will continue thus. And as a result of how we've been doing things where have we gotten? Where exactly are we now?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Yes, yes the world turns on and will continue thus. And as a result of how we've been doing things where have we gotten? Where exactly are we now?
Again with the a-historical. This is not 'how we've been doing things'. This is a phenomenon of the last 20-25 yrs. (A confluence of growing wealth inequality, an irreversible change in the economy, de-unionization, competition with increased illegal labor, exponential growth of student debt. These are just the things that affect us all. For black people in specific, we're dealing with the fall out of the War on Drugs: at least two full generations of 'lost' black men, black kids in and out of foster care, undiagnosed mental illness, a general social unraveling.)

How long do you reasonably expect it to take for people to reverse all that? And in such adverse conditions?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
nikkas gotta start throwing these types to the bushes.:camby:

They already did. Why you think they mad.:mjlol:

Eh, I just took it as Kanye needs a hug and a strong maternal figure. Not “fixing”, just some support. Them Kardashians don’t give a shyt about his well being.

This.

Be mad at a cartoon hug brehettes :mjlol:

:dead:

You see this a lot in our community where our men are coddled and are allowed to get away with way more shyt than our sisters. If you haven’t seen this, you’re being wilfully ignorant.

That's bullshyt.

Our prisons and morgues are LITERALLY full of Black men.

Black men are the LAST people in our society to get away with anything.

Tell fukking Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown that society let them get away with everything.

When Black women fukk up, they get "shamed". When we fukk up, we die and get life in prison

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
You see those bucket head hoes aint mad about this.

rs_1024x759-180901192315-1024.michelle-obama-george-w-bush.ct.090118.jpg