Saint Petersburg. FL
:wow: that was alot of white paint

5-Pointz-Demolition-Queens-537x383.jpg

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Graffiti is vandalism so :yeshrug:

That's art son.

I have pictures of pieces from five points going back years and there's always been amazing graffiti there.

I think many people don't understand though. That's pretty much the mecca of graffiti in America and quite possibly the world. It was commissioned and people were allowed to do art at Five Pointz soit was legal and approved by the previous owners. It was only when the building was sold to outside investors/realtors that Five Points was whitewashed and set up to be demolished/repurposed and made into Generic Hipster/Transplant/Gentrification lot #4355

Graffiti writers from all around the world, Europe, South America, Asia, etc..came to five points to do pieces.

Ofcourse none of you know or respect the culture of graffiti or would know about the writers and whatnot. From what I expect most of you are just suburban sheltered lames that really don't know anything about art or anything about culture. There's a f*cking 15 page thread on Lady Gaga here in the booth for crying out loud. I can't take y'all seriously when I know most of you are pop fans that just casually partake in hip-hop culture as just entertainment from wal-mart world. Xbox 360, monster energy drinks, and reruns of Family Guy and don't know ANYTHING about hip-hop culture.

But that's the mentality that allows Five Poiintz to get got and you believe it. Bloomberg would be proud. I'm pretty sure you'll probably be begging to moveto whatever MTV REal World 2 Broke Girls LIC HIpster yup loft $4400 a month dream apartment comes next up in that spot not knowing you said this earlier on.

Last edited:

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
That's art son.

I have pictures of pieces from five points going back years and there's always been amazing graffiti there.

I think many people don't understand though. That's pretty much the mecca of graffiti in America and quite possibly the world. It was commissioned and people were allowed to do art at Five Pointz soit was legal and approved by the previous owners. It was only when the building was sold to outside investors/realtors that Five Points was whitewashed and set up to be demolished/repurposed and made into Generic Hipster/Transplant/Gentrification lot #4355

Graffiti writers from all around the world, Europe, South America, Asia, etc..came to five points to do pieces.

Ofcourse none of you know or respect the culture of graffiti or would know about the writers and whatnot. From what I expect most of you are just suburban sheltered lames that really don't know anything about art or anything about culture. There's a f*cking 15 page thread on Lady Gaga here in the booth for crying out loud. I can't take y'all seriously when I know most of you are pop fans that just casually partake in hip-hop culture as just entertainment from wal-mart world. Xbox 360, monster energy drinks, and reruns of Family Guy and don't know ANYTHING about hip-hop culture.

But that's the mentality that allows Five Poiintz to get got and you believe it. Bloomberg would be proud. I'm pretty sure you'll probably be begging to moveto whatever MTV REal World 2 Broke Girls LIC HIpster yup loft $4400 a month dream apartment comes next up in that spot not knowing you said this earlier on.
real

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I live in a city where shytty, old neon colored buildings are protected by law. Things like 5 Pointz should be covered by similar laws. There should at least be a hearing where the artistic merits of keeping something like 5 Pointz could be decided fairly. It adds to the culture of the city. Graffiti/Street art won't be fully appreciated for at least another 20 years, and by then most of the best existing work will be gone. It's a shame.

scuba

All Star
Daps
That's art son.

You are completely right... but at the same time its grafitti on personal property. Graf has always been anti establishment, and will always have to be by its very nature. Aint no point in arguing over it, street artists will continue to get up however they can... those who cant accept that should move on to canvas and galleries and leave the streets alone. This artform aint permanent.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it ain' been coated in anti-graffiti paint just Graf it again :yeshrug:

If it has well:yeshrug: