Son, they painted over 5 Pointz!!! :(

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sad news for Hip Hop. 5 pointz was a beautiful thing to watch while going towards Queens Plaza on the 7 train. It was urban art at its finest and it was beautiful seeing how it was treated as such for so long. Hip Hop has taken an L on this one.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
That's art son.

I have pictures of pieces from five points going back years and there's always been amazing graffiti there.

I think many people don't understand though. That's pretty much the mecca of graffiti in America and quite possibly the world. It was commissioned and people were allowed to do art at Five Pointz soit was legal and approved by the previous owners. It was only when the building was sold to outside investors/realtors that Five Points was whitewashed and set up to be demolished/repurposed and made into Generic Hipster/Transplant/Gentrification lot #4355

Graffiti writers from all around the world, Europe, South America, Asia, etc..came to five points to do pieces.

Ofcourse none of you know or respect the culture of graffiti or would know about the writers and whatnot. From what I expect most of you are just suburban sheltered lames that really don't know anything about art or anything about culture. There's a f*cking 15 page thread on Lady Gaga here in the booth for crying out loud. I can't take y'all seriously when I know most of you are pop fans that just casually partake in hip-hop culture as just entertainment from wal-mart world. Xbox 360, monster energy drinks, and reruns of Family Guy and don't know ANYTHING about hip-hop culture.

But that's the mentality that allows Five Poiintz to get got and you believe it. Bloomberg would be proud. I'm pretty sure you'll probably be begging to moveto whatever MTV REal World 2 Broke Girls LIC HIpster yup loft $4400 a month dream apartment comes next up in that spot not knowing you said this earlier on.

:wow::banderas:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I live in a city where shytty, old neon colored buildings are protected by law. Things like 5 Pointz should be covered by similar laws. There should at least be a hearing where the artistic merits of keeping something like 5 Pointz could be decided fairly. It adds to the culture of the city. Graffiti/Street art won't be fully appreciated for at least another 20 years, and by then most of the best existing work will be gone. It's a shame.
New York City doesn't give a fukk about culture or art anymore.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
NYC= New Yuppie City

Sad shyt

It will be replaced by probably yet another loft apartment building that will be filled with wanna-be urban tryhard pansexual vegan artisinal mixologists from Des Moine, Iowa living off of mommy and daddy's dime.
:dead: :whew:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
plus there would be 12,000 square feet of art space, 10,000 square feet of external panels for aerosol art, and 32,000 square feet of public space.
So.........they're constructing another spot for graffiti artists to replace the original 5-P? :dwillhuh: