Sony's Death Wish Continues: Planning a "Madame Web" movie

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I didn't see it so i can't comment on what exactly it did but from the marketing and DT review, it just seems like one of the more pitiful half-baked cash grab attempts in recent memory.

At least the Venom movies, for all their faults, were a cash grab that gave fans the bare minimum appeal of the IP in droves aka Eddie/Venom and Kletus/Carnage. Whereas this Madam Webb thing wanted to do a force is female spin with spider-women but didn't want to put the budget in having them actually be spider-women...

Got young actresses known for their sex appeal but made a point not to make them sexy nor give them any material to showcase any acting chops. It's actually amazing how nonsensical the decision making was.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

THATS NOT TRUE

THE MCU SPIDER MOVIES
COUNT TOWARDS SONY TIME LIMIT DEAL.

THEYRE ONLY MAKING THESE MOVIES
BECAUSE VENOM MADE MONEY AND FOOLED
THEM INTO THINKING THEY CAN
CREATE A SPIDER VERSE.

:devil:
:evil:

Doin a Spiderverse with no Spider-Man is retarded

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
And so there goes another lesson on what happens when you stray too far from Jim Shooter Marvel (and prior).

Stan Lee >
Steve Ditko >
Both John Romitas >
Gerry Conway and Gil Kane >
JM DeMatteis and Mike Zeck >
Roger Stern >
Kraven’s Last Hunt >

Imagine Sony partnering with Marvel to give us Spider-man vs the Juggernaut movie instead of what we got.

main-qimg-ce8993cb972a30385c2fe3d46f7f90a7-lq

^Thats the only Madame Web you really need to see on the big screen ever. But these people at Sony tried to make fetch happen and now they’re paying the price, just like Fox paid the price for trying to blow up Mystique.

It’s a shame, but I guess that’s just the way the game goes.

That #230 cover with the Juggernaut face background is one of my all time favorite Marvel covers. I love that story and the one where Daredevil tries to stop the Hulk in the streets of New York. Great stories where they face impossible task and show exactly what makes them great without it being overly corny or unrealistic on how they overcome.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So let me understand this. They mad at her for the shytty movie they made that didn’t feature their most popular character because of……. and somehow it’s her fault nobody wanted to watch it
To be fair, shytting on something you’re supposed to be promoting will piss off any studio.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So let me understand this. They mad at her for the shytty movie they made that didn’t feature their most popular character because of……. and somehow it’s her fault nobody wanted to watch it

NO.

SHE SPENT THE PROMO RUN
TRYING TO DISTANCE HERSELF FROM
THE FILM SHE STARRED IN INSTEAD
OF BEING A PROFESSIONAL.

SHE WROTE HER OWN TICKET.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

NO.

SHE SPENT THE PROMO RUN
TRYING TO DISTANCE HERSELF FROM
THE FILM SHE STARRED IN INSTEAD
OF BEING A PROFESSIONAL.

SHE WROTE HER OWN TICKET.

"I didn't watch it for my own mental health" for a movie you star in, and went to the PREMIERE of is wild...unforseen shyt