Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Motor city Detroit and Southfield is a no from me my guy :whoa:
Everybody say I’m tripping lol

I love motor city in Detroit never had Southfield

Why don’t u like it?

Is because of cleanliness or quality? Those are the two reasons I hear the most. But I always found both pretty cool

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I don’t fukk with Soul Food, but people out here in Houston hype up Mikki’s over on 59 and West Belfort

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Everybody say I’m tripping lol

I love motor city in Detroit never had Southfield

Why don’t u like it?

Is because of cleanliness or quality? Those are the two reasons I hear the most. But I always found both pretty cool
I usually like my bbq made to order. I know Steve’s and uptown’s has their food all made in the morning and out but their quality is A1. Motor city just don’t hit for me man :manny:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depending on where you go it's going to be split between...
Soulfood umbrella:
1. Basic(greens, beans & peas, rice, mac'n cheese, cornbread, various meats etc etc)
2. BBQ joints
3. Creole joints
4. Seafood joints
5. Chicken joints
6. Health food

Basically some people assume that the "basic"(as described above) form of soulfood is the only thing designated by the term "soulfood"(or that it only refers to fried greasy food). So you'll ask for soulfood spots but noone will tell you about great BBQ or creole food in the same town and I don't want you to missout. "soul food" is the umbrella term for our our collective culinary cannon.

I think that most of what we call Southern Cooking is going to end up being a version of Soul Food and it will differ a little regionally. The constant seems to be lots of vegetables, but other things; like different meats were added later. I want to be able to get homemade ice cream; custards; cakes and cobblers from small Soul Food restaurants.

I just want to enjoy the cuisine of African Americans a little more when I travel. What pisses me off is that a fat pig like Paula Deen repackaged the foods of Black people and it is no longer Soul Food.

Last edited:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
The South run y’all :ufdup: every part of the country try to cook like us :bryan:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The South run y’all :ufdup: every part of the country try to cook like us :bryan:

Well actually most the people in other parts of the Country are originally from the South; so they are just cooking the way that our culture cooks. :yeshrug: