Spartacus being on netflix appreciation thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:stopitslime: Another a reason I'm glad to be done with "Spartacus", I never have to hear that pretentious-ass dialogue again. None of the ancient times/medieval TV shows & movies I've ever watched talked like that. Them writers were trying too hard.

@Emperor_ReinScarf

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:stopitslime: Another a reason I'm glad to be done with "Spartacus", I never have to hear that pretentious-ass dialogue again. None of the ancient times/medieval TV shows & movies I've ever watched talked like that. Them writers were trying too hard.

@Emperor_ReinScarf

cease tongue or have it removed from fukkn head

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

@Emperor_ReinScarf
Words fall from mouth as shyt from ass
krHef5W.png

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
im down to the finale. gonna watch it tonight after i watch better call saul.

crixus :to:

i dead ass felt choked up at their funeral when they all started shouting names and then chanted crixus' name.

that was my OG undefeated gaul.

also when they crucified agron :mjcry: fukking roman savages :pacspit:

i know ima shed a thug tear during the finale tonight :mjcry:

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@Emperor_ReinScarf

:pacspit:
never has a show made cursing so elegant.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw the finale last night

:to: i kept wishing i could go back in time with a few assault rifles and grenade launchers and help the brehs out

RIP

:mjcry:

i still dont understand why they split up their army

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

wasnt it only split between the slaves that could fight and the ones that couldnt?

or if u mean why gannicus was commanding a different unit, i think that was actually a good strategy. gannicus had some horses so a nice cavalry charge on their catapults was a good move. they really had no chance to begin with but had they not charged the catapults they would have been dead even sooner.

source: i play a shyt load of total war :ohlawd: cavalry charges are my specialty :pachaha:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

The rebellion was doomed either way :mjcry: The best they could have hoped for was to escape the reach of the Republic or sack Rome and eventually be destroyed. The republic was way too big for them to topple which is why Sparty got scared for the people at the end.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rebellion was doomed either way :mjcry: The best they could have hoped for was to escape the reach of the Republic or sack Rome and eventually be destroyed. The republic was way too big for them to topple which is why Sparty got scared for the people at the end.
Crixus was a ignorant fool, if they kept their army together they could of fled away

Sacking Rome was foolish with half a army of non gladiator soldiers

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im up to episode 1 of the last season.

this crassus dude :leon:

seems like a formidable foe to say the least

i gotta say tho, i know we living in modern day and feminism and all that, but do we really need to see fake ass female warriors? as if victoria secret looking model bytches are gonna last more than 5 seconds in a battle with roman soldiers

naevia fighting ashur has to be the most cringe worthy moment of the whole series for me. shyt was so fukking fake and wack man but its a small price to pay to see ashur finally gone.

if u gonna give me women warriors at least give me some big fat bytches like brienne of tarth. i just cant buy a 5'3 110lb woman holding her own versus a trained professional roman soldier.

This has nothing to do with modern day / feminism. You never heard about the Amazons?

amazons.jpg

The depiction of women warriors goes back to ancient times.

It's not so much ashurs fight but also now in this last season seeing these bytches fighting 2 and 3 Romans at a time and killing them lol. fukkit it's nitpicking tho. This last season is tough so far :ehh:

Naevia wasn't taking down two or three Romans at a time. As a matter of fact they made it a point to show she struggled a bit. I can't really remember Saxa's fight scenes but it was more or less the same thing.

I do agree that they should have cast a 6 ft big burly German woman as Saxa.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
No one knows exactly why but the show implies it had to do with deferring ambitions...

Spartacus and Crixus both wanted freedom but Crixus believed the only way to truly achieve that was to sack Rome...Spartacus knew that was impossible, he felt he had a better chance of achieving freedom by leading his people away from the grasp of Rome hence why he tried to get the pirates to help him ship his people off to Sicily which wasn't under Roman control...Unfortunately he got betrayed and had no other escape route...According to history Crixus split before the pirate betrayal, on the show it was after...Either way they were doomed though, Rome was too big to outrun and they never stood a chance against the legions Crassus commanded...