Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are showing me the character model, of what the game focuses on 80% of the time at least. Show the buildings and environments. What's really different? From what was shown, I didn't see it.
Don't do this. You know me, as soon as launch or more videos drop and digital foundry does a deep dive this post will not age well. You asking for stuff that can't be shown right now due to the trailer not focusing on that. Edit this post now or forever be the eternal summer Jam screen.

Edit: to make it worst, this is from Insomniac who ALSO just showed Ratchet looking incredible. Lol.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me or am i the only one not seeing this huge graphical leap people are giddy about? Maybe 2 years into it but now?

Horizon 2 will be the main game that makes you go 'wow', maybe Demon Souls and even Ratchet & Clank in some aspects. This is a crowd pleaser that they will bundle to sell a shyt ton of units - it will look really good but not necessarily next gen.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Yea I'm still debating it feels too quick to be the Symbiote sequel with no hint of Symbiotes.

I think in the Spider-Man DLC near the end, Mary Jane says she's travelling overseas for journalism for a bit. This gives Miles an in for being Spider-Man because Peter probably went with her. Normally he wouldn't because who'd look after NYC if he's gone? (The correct answer SHOULD be literally any other superhero, seeing as how the Avengers tower is there. :mjlol: But Peter said they're out west currently.) Since Miles is being trained by Peter and has similar enough powers to be called a Spider-Man, may as well give him the keys temporarily. That's IF that's the direction they're gonna go in.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

are you fukking serious lol??? :gucci:

I seriously hope it’s a stand-alone game

don’t feel like paying $60 for a remastered game that I’m not interested in playing again and then have to pay for DLC to get the miles morales expansion...maaan come on! :angry:

damn man...sony had me on the hook...can’t lie...if this ends up being the case I may pass on a PS5 @ launch...they just need to make this shyt it’s own game similar to infamous first light...I had no problem buying a PS4 initially just for that game...charge $19.99 for the shyt or $29.99 and make it a wrap smh

*edit*

...and why are they remastering a game that should be backwards compatible day one smh? xbox did this w/ gears of war...just greedy smh

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

don’t feel like paying $60 for a remastered game that I’m not interested in playing again and then have to pay for DLC to get the miles morales expansion...maaan come on! :angry:

damn man...sony had me on the hook...can’t lie...if this ends up being the case I may pass on a PS5 @ launch...they just need to make this shyt it’s own game similar to infamous first light...I had no problem buying a PS4 initially just for that game...charge $19.99 for the shyt or $29.99 and make it a wrap smh
Well they need to clarify first. I assumed this was a standalone game. If it's remastered title then I assume the PS4 version gets upgraded for free and you only need to buy this expansion?

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

Hmm. I wonder this too, because the wording is funny. If the PS5 has Boost Mode for backwards-compatible titles, and surely the PS4 version of this would be... Maybe this just comes with that? Unless they just completely revamped the game to the point where they want you to go buy the game again, included the DLCs AND added new story elements including the Miles scenario. But that wouldn't sit right with most gamers, considering they bought the game once already.

...Then again, this is literally a Persona 5 Royal situation, and I certainly didn't knock that one at all, so... :patrice: (Could've said Kingdom Hearts III ReMind kind of deal too, but they just put out the expansion along with free updates and called it a day, instead of the previous practices of selling you the upgraded game again at full retail price.)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well they need to clarify first. I assumed this was a standalone game. If it's remastered title then I assume the PS4 version gets upgraded for free and you only need to buy this expansion?

I’ll wait for more answers but as someone said in response to the tweet...my excitement for day-oneing a PS5 “went from a 10 to a 6”...if it ends up being a standalone game then we good

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a standalone game that uses features from the first game and enhances them for the PS5.
Not a remaster with DLC like IGN is saying.

It's pretty much like Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

there seems to be some confusion re: the wording...hopefully this is the case and I’m working myself up for nothing