Spike Lee Goes in: "Django is disrespectful to my ancestors".....

Daps
Again, that is one person. Like I stated you may hear it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that was the meaning. I'm not dissing you, but you are racial and people tend to hear what they want to hear.

Anyway, I don't care because I always say to myself this person doesn't have shyt on me, and I can make him feel worse then he can with that word, so it means nothing to me. It just showed how little he is that he has to diss a whole RACE because of something he didn't like about ME or someone like me. He's a sucker.:yawn:

If i can tell the difference between people and a whole race, his stupid ass can too. He just chooses not to because he is a loser. fukk him.:ld:

I may choose what I want to hear, but I have definitely heard the N-word from whites and Hispanics because of the Various jobs I have held in my life.

I have often heard innuendos and implicit racism as well especially from lower class whites.

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
slavery and fiction dont mix...django had to be paired with a white partner to mitigate the premise of the film...

melvin van peebles:
blacks became a vehicle for a moral lesson about justice or tolerance always with a sympathetic central white character to mediate the experience of the black

we get django unchained instead of a film about nat turner--:stopitslime:...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
something that stuck out to me, as far as that thor boycott

frankly, they have a point. casting idris as a norse god is ridiculous. i mean lets not act like we wouldnt have the :beli: if matt damon got cast as a god in a black culture/religion. and you know that they were like 'yea lets cast a black guy as a norse god, itll be so progressive'

and for the record im not cosigning these idiots, racist southerners deserve some of the least sympathy on the planet

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
I watch movies to be entertained and documentaries to learn.

Never confuse the two.

Spike would be better off securing funding, to film a documentary exploring the slave trade- warts and all. No bs, just the truth.

That would be truly epic and help heal racial issues in 21st century America.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I watch movies to be entertained and documentaries to learn.

Never confuse the two.

Spike would be better off securing funding, to film a documentary exploring the slave trade- warts and all. No bs, just the truth.

That would be truly epic and help heal racial issues in 21st century America.

That will never ever never happen.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Spike is a fukking idiot. You can't say you hate something you haven't seen

No your the fukking idiot. Spike has every right to criticize this filth without even setting foot in a theatre, simply because he has all the facts he needs to make a valid opinion on the subject. I've never seen Birth of a Nation, but based on what I have heard on the film, as well as the brief snippets here and there, im confident that i'll find the entire movie trash. I'm sure Spike has made the same deductions by the filth that he has seen so far in TV commercials and previews and shyt.

I know I have. I'll let the c00ns and crackas enjoy themselves in the theatre on Christmas Day with this demonic filth.

I'll be seeing Le Mis...:salute:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
see spike run.
see spike talk.
see spike sit.

that's all i gotta say about this.

funny how dude wants to get on some afrocentric shyt BUT yet he has a popular nickname that people call their dogs.

:comeon:

Perhaps one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in a while. Go read a book.