Spike Lee Goes in: "Django is disrespectful to my ancestors".....

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I'm on the fence. Don't know if this will be entertaining or feel like torture for me being black. At first I was kinda hyped but now I'm not so certain as more has came out about the film.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Spike Lee would be the perfect director to make a movie about the Haitian Revolution, but Hollywood probably won't let that happen. If a white director did such a movie, it would be spun to make a white male the main character who helps the slaves get freedom, making the white man the hero makes white people feel not as guilty about their ugly past.

Glover STILL can't get funding for that? He's wanted it so long that you'd think he could've just done it out of pocket via putting away money every few months or something.

Or are they waiting for it to be about the all-white constitutional assembly and "their struggles against Toussaint L'Overture's tyrannical aspirations" or something...

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Jews came out and bytched this bad before Inglorious Basterds got released we woulda been shytting on them for being sensitive over a 60 year old issue. QT ain't racist he grew up with nikkas and does not give a fukk.

When Spike Lee become a 10th of what Tarantino is as a director I'll give a fukk about we says until then let him make more shytty movies, don't even remember that last watch able flick he came out with.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:russ: i knew you going to say that, cac!

U must be psychic....or just stupid as fukking shyt....check my post history or thread history......I'm Blacker then fukking Obama...and that nikka aint even full black.......and if u dont believe me I will post my black dikk with ur fukking screen name on it

O yea fukk u

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:what: what kinda black man calls HIMSELF a "nikka"

you exposed yaself as a crakkka boy with this comment

only time a black man refers to himself as a nikka is if it is preceded with the term "real" nikka

u a crakkka :duck:

Do u listen to Hip-hop........nikka

That was by far the dumbest fukking comment in Coli history

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do u listen to Hip-hop........nikka

That was by far the dumbest fukking comment in Coli history

Maybe nikkas where u grew up speak different but I've never heard a black man simply refer to himself as "I'm a nikka".

nikkas call themselves real nikkaz all the time. And will refer to other nikkas as bytch nikkas, p*ssy nikkas, or simply "nikka whats up".

But I personally have never referred to myself as a nikka. I'll say I'm a real nikka or I ain't no bytch nikka. But if someone asks me what I am, I'll say I'mma black man. I'm not gonna say I'm a nikka. shyt is just weird to me. :what:

Sounds like something a crakkka would say.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Spike Lee would be the perfect director to make a movie about the Haitian Revolution, but Hollywood probably won't let that happen. If a white director did such a movie, it would be spun to make a white male the main character who helps the slaves get freedom, making the white man the hero makes white people feel not as guilty about their ugly past.

"Django" just like "inglorious b*stards" is a fictional movie, it has no real basis. Why not make a "Nat Turner" movie? White people are not trying to see that.

I know right, Hollywood would NEVER tell the real revolution stories from Haiti. Shoot they could even do a movie about the Haitians taking the U.S. Military, they lost but they put on an amazing battle. Hollywood never wants to tell out history accurately. Look at "Red Tails" and how they did everything to make sure that film didn't get made.

Why hasn't there been a movie on "Black Wall St" and how Whites in Tulsa bombed that Black Town who had their own money and community in the early 1900's? Cause Hollywood never wants to show Whites in a Bad Light when it comes to our History. Why is it that we can watch tons of movies about America Presidents and White Americans but Black Stories get put on the back burner.

Spike should have started his own studio back then instead of running to the major film companies to get funding and distribution. He's been in Hollywood long enough to know how it works.

Spike has his own studio, it's called "40 Acers and a Mule". Just cause you have a production company doesn't mean you can pay the budget on your own movie. You still need funding. George Lucas owes a Lucas Film and still couldn't get funding for "Red Tails" and ended up paying out of pocket but Lucas is worth 4 Billion Dollars. Spike don't have money like that. Tyler owns his own studio but guess what, he doesn't fund his own movies. People should learn about the movie business, it's very expensive to fund a movie with Millions of dollar budget. Most big time directors do not fund their own movies.

I have no problem with QT being White making this movie. White Directors before have touched on Black subjects and issues. But For people to say, "Why does Slavery have to be a drama". I'm not even saying that but people need to stop acting like Slavery isn't a serious issue. It's something that has been butchered by Hollywood forever outside a few projects namely "Roots" which happens to be playing on BET all weekend.

Again show me a Holocaust film that his portray as anything but serious. As for the "b*stards" comparisons, Jews didn't say anything cause the movie dealt with Hilter getting killed. Slavery is bigger than just one man, this story is just about one plantation revenge story so I don't see the comparison with "Inglorious b*stards" which was about stopping the man behind the Holocaust. Django isn't going to end Slavery in this movie.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No your the fukking idiot. Spike has every right to criticize this filth without even setting foot in a theatre, simply because he has all the facts he needs to make a valid opinion on the subject. I've never seen Birth of a Nation, but based on what I have heard on the film, as well as the brief snippets here and there, im confident that i'll find the entire movie trash. I'm sure Spike has made the same deductions by the filth that he has seen so far in TV commercials and previews and shyt.

I know I have. I'll let the c00ns and crackas enjoy themselves in the theatre on Christmas Day with this demonic filth.

I'll be seeing Le Mis...:salute:
:mjpls:

Django=movie about nikkas killing white people and getting revenge for slavery

Les Mis=bunch of cacs in Europe

you tell me who lost :scusthov:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I know right, Hollywood would NEVER tell the real revolution stories from Haiti. Shoot they could even do a movie about the Haitians taking the U.S. Military, they lost but they put on an amazing battle. Hollywood never wants to tell out history accurately. Look at "Red Tails" and how they did everything to make sure that film didn't get made.

Why hasn't there been a movie on "Black Wall St" and how Whites in Tulsa bombed that Black Town who had their own money and community in the early 1900's? Cause Hollywood never wants to show Whites in a Bad Light when it comes to our History. Why is it that we can watch tons of movies about America Presidents and White Americans but Black Stories get put on the back burner.

Spike has his own studio, it's called "40 Acers and a Mule". Just cause you have a production company doesn't mean you can pay the budget on your own movie. You still need funding. George Lucas owes a Lucas Film and still couldn't get funding for "Red Tails" and ended up paying out of pocket but Lucas is worth 4 Billion Dollars. Spike don't have money like that. Tyler owns his own studio but guess what, he doesn't fund his own movies. People should learn about the movie business, it's very expensive to fund a movie with Millions of dollar budget. Most big time directors do not fund their own movies.

I have no problem with QT being White making this movie. White Directors before have touched on Black subjects and issues. But For people to say, "Why does Slavery have to be a drama". I'm not even saying that but people need to stop acting like Slavery isn't a serious issue. It's something that has been butchered by Hollywood forever outside a few projects namely "Roots" which happens to be playing on BET all weekend.

Again show me a Holocaust film that his portray as anything but serious. As for the "b*stards" comparisons, Jews didn't say anything cause the movie dealt with Hilter getting killed. Slavery is bigger than just one man, this story is just about one plantation revenge story so I don't see the comparison with "Inglorious b*stards" which was about stopping the man behind the Holocaust. Django isn't going to end Slavery in this movie.

40 Acres and a Mule is a Production Company, not a studio. There is a difference.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of yall Coli nikkas are some of the lowest of the low scum of the fukking universe.....thinking blacks should only act or say certain things

another comment only a crakkka would make

its not that we expect everyone in our community to act the same way.......its just that there are certain things that only crakkkas say and your comment was one of them