Spike Lee Goes in: "Django is disrespectful to my ancestors".....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
40 Acres and a Mule is a Production Company, not a studio. There is a difference.

That's what I was saying in the next sentence but technically a Production Company is a studio, that's the point a studio produces a movies it's just a production company is small where as a Major Studio is bigger. Take "Old Boy" which Spike is doing now, his studio and 3 others came together to fund it. As for Tyler he also does other things to generate revenue like TV shows and Plays. Spike is a film director 1st, he does documentaries also. It's not easy to have a Film Studio. A lot of directors have production companies but at the end of the day you need funding. So when people say "Spike should make his own movies", that's what he's been doing from the beginning but he needs funding, Spike don't have 40 Million to pocket on a movie, most directors don't including Perry.

Spike Lee's lifetime gross overall is 374 Million Worldwide. His average budget is 25 Million, so Spike's movies do generate profit like Tyler Perry's cause they are mostly low budget. So Hollywood won't green light a huge budget for a Spike Lee film. He had to get people to help him fund "Malcolm X" cause the studio cut off funding while filming. This is a cutthroat Business this is why Spike don't make a whole lot of movies. He does know the game, he just chooses not to play it. Also for people saying "Oh Spike is just hating", He was asked the question about Django, he didn't even bring it up.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
another comment only a crakkka would make

its not that we expect everyone in our community to act the same way.......its just that there are certain things that only crakkkas say and your comment was one of them

:ohhh:

Well I'll be damn guess I aint a black than.......fukk outta here with that bullshyt and stay in ur fukking box of what black people are and say.......motherfukkers in here cry racism but call another black person a cac for having different views

I'm done u win....u fukking c00n

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
Just so you know, I hate when people do this. Make a judgment about something and then qualify it to soften the blow, as if that speech act was not what came from their hands. When you say things like that, you're really just saying the unqualified phrase and sticking a meaningless utterance next to it. Same thing with "in my opinion" or "I believe". It's the same as just saying all that comes beyond that.

And I feel that if you can't find SOME perverse humor in Klansmen not being effective bigots and lynchers because their eyeholes were cut out poorly on their masks, then, to turn the phrase of a famous philosopher, that's your misery.

(Also, stating that THIS is the historical issue to not touch or implying that you can't understand something in both humorous and serious contexts, or that those contexts should be separated and bivalent, or that those are the only two contexts to see something in, is a false problem and is inherently ridiculous.)

:huhldup:@the bolded...this the type of shyt in the movie????,,,yeah this one aint for me...portraying 'lynchers' and 'klansmen' as harmless..misguided..humorous..bigoted buffoons is untenable...ive seen photos of actual lynchings and no one was wearing a mask...

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
:huhldup:@the bolded...this the type of shyt in the movie????,,,yeah this one aint for me...portraying 'lynchers' and 'klansmen' as harmless..misguided..humorous..bigoted buffoons is untenable...ive seen photos of actual lynchings and no one was wearing a mask...

I know that there is an eyehole joke, but from what I can tell, they aren't, you know, in the act when they do it.

And just because you can make a joke about someone's wear doesn't mean they're automatically portrayed as harmless. It's just making light of their wear. False absolutes and a false binary.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Sure you can, if you're familiar with the history if its creator. I didn't see 2016, but knowing the history of D'Nesh D'Souza, I can comfortably say that it is a movie that is bullshyt.

Imma dap that actually, it's a good point

But here's the issue with QT: does anyone think he's racist? How many people you know say ******/nikka on a daily basis? If you're like me, you know a lot of people who say that shyt - and I don't even hang with super ignorant people. And I know for a fact that white people say it amongst themselves. QT films stress realistic dialogue, shyt makes sense to me.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I remember when I was a cashier. This Black guy was trying to get of out the store through a cashier line, and he bumped into this Mexican who was waiting in line . The Mexican dude was regular customer, and he sort of felt comfortable with me.

As it happened, I looked at the Black guy and shook my head. The Mexican guy looks at me and says something like, "Stupid ******s think they own the world or something, I ain't scared of him". At that time, I had was really tired of all wildness , racism and recklessness that I saw at the store, and mainly from blacks. I responded by saying, "yeah fukk em".

That's the type of talk that I've heard most of the time.

Growing up in the 209, Naturally everyone says nikka (all races), that is just the culture out there. I even said it a lot when I lived out there because It is okay for people like me to say it. I would never say it outside of that area.

I'm talking about people using it as a derogatory word.

Yup, there's a lot of tension between black and brown relations in Norcal. I'm black and I use the word "nikka" a WHOLE lot more in The Coli than in public. I was the token growing up mostly and I never felt comfortable saying it. Plus if you don't wanna hear someone say a word, the best way to do it is by not saying it yourself.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
HULKSTER JUST WANTS TO SEE IF DJANGO IN THIS MOVIE DRAGS AROUND THAT COFFIN WITH THE YOU-KNOW-WHAT IN IT THAT THE ORIGINAL DJANGO HAD, BROTHER!

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW DUDE, DJANGO WAS A 60'S SPAGHETTI WESTERN, MEAN GENE! I RECOMMEND WATCHING IT BEFORE YOU SEE THIS NEW MOVIE, BROTHER!

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/aa/Boss******Poster.jpg/220px-Boss******Poster.jpg

"Django" is clearly ripped from this movie just in slave time. SMH @ hollywood naming a movie this back in the day.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/aa/Boss******Poster.jpg/220px-Boss******Poster.jpg

"Django" is clearly ripped from this movie just in slave time. SMH @ hollywood naming a movie this back in the day.

:wow:

not a fukk was given in the late 60's 70's

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies

:wow:...... There is a lot of exposing going in this thread tho. :smh:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:wow:

not a fukk was given in the late 60's 70's

This is why I laugh at certain White People always bringing up Hip Hop and "N!gga". White People have been using the word for 400 years, putting it on TV, Movies, Books and in casual usage. After the word has been beat in our heads for 400 years do you really think Black people were just going to forge it? "N!gga" is nothing more than us trying to reverse the conditioning of it being beat into us figuratively and literally. There aren't enough rap albums in the world that use "N!gga" more than Whites have used it in history. Michael Richards PROVED Whites still use the word very much They just do it in their living rooms where no else will challenge them on it. I mean This movie came out in the 70's, it was called "Boss N!gger" and White People still have the nerve to say "Blacks use it more than us" LMAO.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Here's the "Boss N!gger" Trailer, QT was majorly influenced by this for Django also the movie "The Legend of N!gger Charlie", these were titles people, Hollywood really think's they are slick. It's not that Blacks wanted these titles, these are titles for movies only Hollywood would approve for Black Roles back then:

Exploitation Films BOSS ****** - YouTube

NCharley.jpg