Spin: It's Perfectly Alright to Get Roasted for Dating Interracially

Anyanwu

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don't care who people date. I have friends, men and women, who are dating out but I know their character.
I only give people the :rudy:are those who make it a thing (e.g. calling it swirling) because then I know they're suspect. Those types deserve the same :mjpls:as people who claim to exclusively date outside of their race/ethnicity.
Other than those types, who I make a point not to be closely associated with, it's whatever. :mjshrug:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
IMO there's a huge difference between someone who is open-minded about who they date and those who specifically look for partners outside their group. The former might be a bit misguided/naive, but the latter is suffering from extreme self-hate.

In the context of black people, any black person who categorically refuses to date other black people is suffering from self-hate.

You're open to all other ethnic groups but your own? You positively stereotype others while negatively stereotyping your own? Not only do you exclude your own from the pool of potential partners, but you constantly degrade and shame them even in front of non-blacks? Then yeah, you definitely suffer from some type of psychological disorder.

You make good points.

How often, though, do you really encounter black people who don't date other black people? Outside of twitter, have any of us actually ever seen that?

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
You make good points.

How often, though, do you really encounter black people who don't date other black people? Outside of twitter, have any of us actually ever seen that?
Never met a black person who was "no nikkahs:mjpls:" personally, but I've met non-black women who told me they would never date a person of their ethnicity/race for various reasons.

Because of this, I imagine the "no nikkahs" crowd say it to potential non-black partners, but keep it secret from black people:mjpls:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Never met a black person who was "no nikkahs:mjpls:" personally, but I've met non-black women who told me they would never date a person of their ethnicity/race for various reasons.

Because of this, I imagine the "no nikkahs" crowd say it to potential non-black partners, but keep it secret from black people:mjpls:

Possibly.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps

On more than one occasion I've had black men tell me they don't black women in North VA...I suppose I was suppose to be happy they gave me the time of day. Dismissed.

However, in NOLA. Never heard of it.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
On more than one occasion I've had black men tell me they don't black women in North VA...I suppose I was suppose to be happy they gave me the time of day. Dismissed.

However, in NOLA. Never heard of it.
North VA:mjpls:

Sounds like some ole wack game they were trying to run on you..."look here girl, I got all these non-black women, but imma make an exception because you a special kind of black girl":mjpls:

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
North VA:mjpls:

Sounds like some ole wack game they were trying to run on you..."look here girl, I got all these non-black women, but imma make an exception because you a special kind of black girl":mjpls:
I don't mess with black men who has a long history of dating white women because they act like their doing your a favor. It's insulting.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
You make good points.

I only come across these types of people online. My guess is they're too embarrassed to say it in real life.

Anyanwu

Pro
Supporter
Daps
You make good points.

I actually have. I personally know three guys, and to be honest was a pretty good friends with two of them, who were/are on no black women shtick.

Would they flat out say no black women? No but they would use coded language while speaking in generalizations about black women. Only one of them is/was "friends" with black women.

I'm also acquainted with two women who are on this type of nonsense and I've caught them talking slick about black men in a similar manner. Of course they "don't mean [me]" when they say shyt... :rudy:

I don't think anyone is shouting it from mountaintops offline, but you can definitely pick up on the cues. Kind of like racist liberals.

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
ARE YOU BLACK AND CAN YOU PROVE IT CAUSE YOU SOUNDING SUSPECT
Are you? Can you?
You're being very specific with good reason.

Everything that you named is exactly why I said what I said. If everyone is trying to stop you from trying to progress with every hateful tactic in the book then what does that equate too?

In my mind jealousy. I don't have time to really break down what I'm saying bout to do something but hopefully, that little bit will give you understanding.
I'm sorry but those kind of comments are triggering to me.
Other people of the world don't shyt on us because they are jealous.
They shyt on us because we lack power.

Here's the difference: the people of the world may hate CACs but they respect their power.
So despite being jealous of the power CACs, collectively, wield, they are still in ass-kiss mode when CAC tourists come around. :beli:[Middle-East, notable exception]
But when you're Black, no matter how much power or money you, personally, have managed to amass, there's always a chance you get hit with some :mjpls:-type treatment, off strength of being Black. See Oprah shopping in Switzerland et al.
That's not jealousy, that's disdain, disrespect, and -cism. And being a special unicorn Black person that's unlike "all the others" does nothing to topple those preconceived notions of Black ability, intelligence, and work ethic.
WS is a collective social disposition, -Cism is a collective racial attitude. But neither of these things matter so long as you have the power to mitigate their effects.
We shouldn't sell each other :duck: about being envied, we need to come together and get collective POWER so that all that other bullshyt becomes irrelevant.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
Are you? Can you?

I'm sorry but those kind of comments are triggering to me.
Other people of the world don't shyt on us because they are jealous.
They shyt on us because we lack power.

Here's the difference: the people of the world may hate CACs but they respect their power.
So despite being jealous of the power CACs, collectively, wield, they are still in ass-kiss mode when CAC tourists come around. :beli:[Middle-East, notable exception]
But when you're Black, no matter how much power or money you, personally, have managed to amass, there's always a chance you get hit with some :mjpls:-type treatment, off strength of being Black. See Oprah shopping in Switzerland et al.
That's not jealousy, that's disdain, disrespect, and -cism. And being a special unicorn Black person that's unlike "all the others" does nothing to topple those preconceived notions of Black ability, intelligence, and work ethic.
WS is a collective social disposition, -Cism is a collective racial attitude. But neither of these things matter so long as you have the power to mitigate their effects.
We shouldn't sell each other :duck: about being envied, we need to come together and get collective POWER so that all that other bullshyt becomes irrelevant.
Ok I agree with everything you wrote but does that change the fact that most of those other broads want black men and that the men are obsessive about black penises.

When I wrote my comment about jealousy I honestly wasn't digging that deep like you have I was simply thinking externally and worldly about it. This isn't something I would go around just saying.

But thanks for the breakdown.

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
Ok I agree with everything you wrote but does that change the fact that most of those other broads want black men and that the men are obsessive about black penises.

When I wrote my comment about jealousy I honestly wasn't digging that deep like you have I was simply thinking externally and worldly about it. This isn't something I would go around just saying.

But thanks for the breakdown.
I just don't want us to be complacent.
Stick our heads in the sand and pretend like everything is gravy when WS has been kicking our ass since them CACs started empire building.
There are many things we have to be proud about and should be.
But there is a danger in adopting a "feel good" version of events that will stifle the change that needs to happen.

For example, that narrative of Black men being: hypermasculine i.e. super aggressive, super sexual, and super athletic- can be reassuring in some aspects but it's one we need to be wary of because we are NOT its authors. Because it's that same narrative CACs use to justify mass incarceration, "Of course, we're over-represented in the prison population. We have that inherent hyperaggressive streak, right:mjpls:? Of course, we rape them CAC girls. We're hypersexual, aren't we:mjpls:? Of course, we have a criminal culture. We're super athletic but mentally deficient, right:mjpls:?"
Some brehs will try to claim some of those racist tropes, but the well is poisoned.
That same Darker = More Masculine trope is doing damage to our dark-skin sistas and fostering colorism in the community.
We really gotta be :camby: to CAC ideology, even when it seems complimentary.
Being obsessed over Black penis =/= valuing Black men.
No dignity in being a sexual fetish, I think you'd get that as a woman.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about roasting, but it's only natural for women and men of the same race to feel obligated to each other even though they aren't. :francis:

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
I just don't want us to be complacent.
Stick our heads in the sand and pretend like everything is gravy when WS has been kicking our ass since them CACs started empire building.
There are many things we have to be proud about and should be.
But there is a danger in adopting a "feel good" version of events that will stifle the change that needs to happen.

For example, that narrative of Black men being: hypermasculine i.e. super aggressive, super sexual, and super athletic- can be reassuring in some aspects but it's one we need to be wary of because we are NOT its authors. Because it's that same narrative CACs use to justify mass incarceration, "Of course, we're over-represented in the prison population. We have that inherent hyperaggressive streak, right:mjpls:? Of course, we rape them CAC girls. We're hypersexual, aren't we:mjpls:? Of course, we have a criminal culture. We're super athletic but mentally deficient, right:mjpls:?"
Some brehs will try to claim some of those racist tropes, but the well is poisoned.
That same Darker = More Masculine trope is doing damage to our dark-skin sistas and fostering colorism in the community.
We really gotta be :camby: to CAC ideology, even when it seems complimentary.
Being obsessed over Black penis =/= valuing Black men.
No dignity in being a sexual fetish, I think you'd get that as a woman.
I do and enjoy your wit.