SPLIT Official Thread (Shamalamadingdong is back!)

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Another thing you didn't mention as far as The Unbreakable tie-in goes is the fact McAvoy's character's father died on the train that Bruce Willis survived. That's why Kevin laid down the bouquet of flowers at the train station. So not only did Mr. Glass create a Super Hero (Bruce Willis). But he also created a Villain (James McAvoy). The death of Kevin's mother caused him to go off the deep end.
iOYPB.gif
:dwillhuh:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Another thing you didn't mention as far as The Unbreakable tie-in goes is the fact McAvoy's character's father died on the train that Bruce Willis survived. That's why Kevin laid down the bouquet of flowers at the train station. So not only did Mr. Glass create a Super Hero (Bruce Willis). But he also created a Villain (James McAvoy). The death of Kevin's mother caused him to go off the deep end.
iOYPB.gif
:jbhmm:............................................................................................................:whoo:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
M. Night with another one, I'm legit :ohhh::jbhmm::mindblown::whoo: at the same time.

so this a spin off to unbreakable, with saying that then people with super powers can exist..he turned into a mutant or some shyt

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
iOYPB.gif

I came in to the flick about 20 minutes late and the girls were already caught. Was the flashbacks the girl or Kevin? When did they say his pops died on the train?

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got done watching this movie. Legit for the most part
What was the twist tho? I thought it was pretty straight forward, I was expecting some dramatic shift that never came.
Unless ya'll talking bout literally the last scene...

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
What was the twist tho? I thought it was pretty straight forward, I was expecting some dramatic shift that never came.

Same here. When they showed him on the train i thought he was bout to turn into a werewolf, or some legit hulking beast. I'm guessing the twist is the unbreakable tie-in...or there was no twist... :manny:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea.. the last scene transforming it from being merely a thriller film to a cinematic universe.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's funny to me that most people probably won't get the twist. Which is dope on Night's part. I think I was the only one in the audience that got it. So really only the 28-30 + crowd will get it or the cinephiles.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
M. Knight might be a genius afterall and one of the last original storytellers we have. Is he perfect? Of course not but that's the price an artist pays trying to bring original content. He knocked it out of the damn park with "Split" The twist was FLAWLESS and made perfect sense. He left many clues throughout the film (And even the poster as someone posted) that when it was over my mind was combing through them. Many of us have been begging him him for years to revisit the themes and stories from this concept. M. Knight was on that Supernatural Realism long before Nolan. Also along with the "Visit", "Split" was done under a 10 Million budget because M. Knight is working with Jason Blum now who does all small budget horror films.

This is working for M. Knight because now that it's not a huge budget blockbuster, He gets to just focus on stories. I loved these last two films because they were contained and had a lot of suspense. James M. Bodied this role. Had the movie been released a few months back I wouldn't of been mad at several of awards Nominations. He had me believe in every single personality he was doing. It takes a real actor to pull this performance off. I thought the main girl did a great job and you fully understood her actions once you saw her past. I like how you never knew when James was going to do something or not. That suspense and storytelling takes real skill and talent. The Twist had my mouth drop even though the people I was with was confused as hell. Props M. Knight, keep doing you man.

When the music came in I couldn't believe it. My mind was going crazy but when I saw Bruce, I lost it. I was like M. Knight you b*stard, you took a contained thriller and turned into a Super Villain origin story. Crazy. Also loved how it happen in a normal place like a Zoo, M. Knight does double Twist too. But the friend I saw it with left so confused and It let me know how slept on "Unbreakable" is in his catalog is. Back when it came out, I was telling everyone it was a Classic but people only cared about "Sixth Sense" and were mad because they thought it was a sequel to "Sixth Sense" but wasn't. Sam and Bruce killed it in that movie.. It's time to bring this all together, can't wait to see where he takes it now that there's a Universe and Mythology. I say have Mr. Glass team up with him with Bruce fighting them both and also finding other people with powers. M. Knight can take this thing really far if he wants to. But man "Visions" by James Newton Howard has been one of my favorite scores so when I heard the music it was wrap.

Split_%282017_film%29.jpg

Last edited: