SPLIT Official Thread (Shamalamadingdong is back!)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wouldn't say there is an appropriate reaction, but some of the efforts to escape and fight just seemed out of place or lacking. Like they all acted like there was no where to run before they actually knew there wasn't so they didn't put in full effort. Like when the kid personality was in the room whispering in the girls ear, the other two didn't run outside the door. None of them thought to jump him while in that personality. No ambushes, no urgency, no experimentation. Or even no one noticing it wasn't the real father who got into the car. Or the doctor randomly showing up to his place, or the doctor not playing it smarter when she realized the girls were in the closet.

Everything about the movie was too egregious to suspend belief.
You could excuse a lot of the girl's behavior based on them being teenagers (and the 2 primary targets being very sheltered) and being thrown off by the multiple personalities.
The doctor making a house call in the middle of the night knowing that its possible that some of the more dangerous personalities had taken over was just dumb but I tend to expect people to act like morons in horror movies.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
You could excuse a lot of the girl's behavior based on them being teenagers (and the 2 primary targets being very sheltered) and being thrown off by the multiple personalities.
The doctor making a house call in the middle of the night knowing that its possible that some of the more dangerous personalities had taken over was just dumb but I tend to expect people to act like morons in horror movies.
The idiot on the walkie is what kills me.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Nah the girls wanted to get out. But the other girl didn't agree to it. Then they tried to get out without knowing how. Obviously they didn't know he was going to manifest powers and eat them, but while she was manipulating the boy I would've fukked the dude up asap.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Just came back from seeing it..the movie was deep as hell but definitely feels like in that ending its setting up for something special I don't usually watch movies like these so to see this and be amazed by it I was impressed..

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the concept, but I don't get why people are so jacked for the ending?

...I was actually disappointed....
"I haven't seen Unbreakable before...So is that why this isn't resonating like it should?"

Think of it as an after credit scene from the MCU.... Unbreakable is a superhero movie.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
Holy fukk, yo i almost lost it in the theater :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron:

wow brehs, I stayed away from the trailers and this thread i had know idea what I was in for. I'm a huge "Unbreakable" stan, the movie "Split" was already dope I was satisfied. I whispered to my girl near the end my nikka M. Night back, he's really back:myman::myman:. Then out of no where I heard that familiar score, nah dog don't fukk with me like that:picard: This has to be :duck:. This shyt's in the Unbreakable universe:ahh: The mention of Mr. Glass:damn: cameo by the gawd Bruce Willis:damn::win:Holy fukk brehs. My girl was looking at me like :dahell: This shyt is serious, I just dust offed the old Unbreakable blu-ray. We back brehs wow:whoo:

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
Another thing you didn't mention as far as The Unbreakable tie-in goes is the fact McAvoy's character's father died on the train that Bruce Willis survived. That's why Kevin laid down the bouquet of flowers at the train station. So not only did Mr. Glass create a Super Hero (Bruce Willis). But he also created a Villain (James McAvoy). The death of Kevin's mother caused him to go off the deep end.
iOYPB.gif