Stanford Professor: The Workplace is killing us and nobody cares

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This is why professors get tenure and stay in professor positions for L I F E.

Low teaching loads---maybe 2-3 classes per semester.

Teacher and research assistants to help you stay published and do the manual work for you.

Base pay PLUS honorariums, consultation fees, payout from grants, book royalties.

Paid sabbaticals.

Come to the office when YOU want. 2-3 day work weeks.

Teach Tuesday/Thursday classes and meet at colleagues house for breakfast and everybody else at work.

I love this life.:ahh:

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why professors get tenure and stay in professor positions for L I F E.

Low teaching loads---maybe 2-3 classes per semester.

Teacher and research assistants to help you stay published and do the manual work for you.

Base pay PLUS honorariums, consultation fees, payout from grants, book royalties.

Paid sabbaticals.

Come to the office when YOU want. 2-3 day work weeks.

Teach Tuesday/Thursday classes and meet at colleagues house for breakfast and everybody else at work.

I love this life.:ahh:

I talking to the tenure prof right, we real cool so he broke it down and told me all the prof that are tenure get over 100k a year. They don't even have to be teacher more then one class a semester.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I talking to the tenure prof right, we real cool so he broke it down and told me all the prof that are tenure get over 100k a year. They don't even have to be teacher more then one class a semester.
That doesn't even count ur payout if u write grants or the extra shyt u do on the side.:blessed:
And the breaks! Fall, winter, spring, summer...

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn't even count ur payout if u write grants or the extra shyt u do on the side.:blessed:
And the breaks! Fall, winter, spring, summer...

Honestly it crazy they be balling fr, I was wondering why my professor was bragging about getting a grant she was happy as shyt let us have the class off.

Another professor was awarded an ten million grant to build a new hi-tech science building on campus, come to find out he pocked about two million of that himself, the building did get build and it looks nice tho.:yeshrug:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX