Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
ya know how everyone used to kill Lucas about the toys? "Star Wars is just a toy commercial!" ... what the hell are kids taking away from this trilogy? It almost seems like Disney decided they didn't even wanna bother with merchandise sales. Outside of BB-8, Porgs, and maybe this new droid, there hasn't been anything i can imagine kids wanting. Now granted, that obviously doesn't make a movie good, but it's still weird to me. there should be a happy medium here. Why were Snoke and Maz so fukkin shytty looking? They could have been cool looking character without sacrificing anything. Whoa, a chrome stormtrooper! and she's a lady!!!! Kylo looked cool, then smashed his helmet 1/4 of the way through the first movie and was a goofy dude underneath. i stand by the opinion that the lack of cool looking aliens and shyt is one of the reasons this new trilogy (so far) is kinda boring overall. seeing a bunch of humans in space is only cool when you surround them with a ton of crazy looking aliens and shyt. Guardians did it much better. maybe I'm just overrating the amount of that in the original, and they were probably scared off by Jar Jar backlash, but Snoke is worse than fukkin Jar Jar, and i'll fight that to the end of time. fukkkkk everything about Snoke. Should have been a top 5 SW character

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
r/saltierthancrait is the official sub for shytting on this film

saltierthancrait

1567.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
ya know how everyone used to kill Lucas about the toys? "Star Wars is just a toy commercial!" ... what the hell are kids taking away from this trilogy? It almost seems like Disney decided they didn't even wanna bother with merchandise sales. Outside of BB-8, Porgs, and maybe this new droid, there hasn't been anything i can imagine kids wanting. Now granted, that obviously doesn't make a movie good, but it's still weird to me. there should be a happy medium here. Why were Snoke and Maz so fukkin shytty looking? They could have been cool looking character without sacrificing anything. Whoa, a chrome stormtrooper! and she's a lady!!!! Kylo looked cool, then smashed his helmet 1/4 of the way through the first movie and was a goofy dude underneath. i stand by the opinion that the lack of cool looking aliens and shyt is one of the reasons this new trilogy (so far) is kinda boring overall. seeing a bunch of humans in space is only cool when you surround them with a ton of crazy looking aliens and shyt. Guardians did it much better. maybe I'm just overrating the amount of that in the original, and they were probably scared off by Jar Jar backlash, but Snoke is worse than fukkin Jar Jar, and i'll fight that to the end of time. fukkkkk everything about Snoke. Should have been a top 5 SW character
You mean to tell me you didn’t cop a blue titty milk space cow figurine after the last film?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, it's not like i personally give a shyt about merchandise or bought a bunch of toys from the prequels, but i remember they were huge and were cool looking. Even pre-gold C3PO was kinda cool looking. They gave this trilogy BB-8 the god, a silver Storm Trooper, a tall burnt humanoid dude and puffins. Awesome!!!!!

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
i mean, it's not like i personally give a shyt about merchandise or bought a bunch of toys from the prequels, but i remember they were huge and were cool looking. Even pre-gold C3PO was kinda cool looking. They gave this trilogy BB-8 the god, a silver Storm Trooper, a tall burnt humanoid dude and puffins. Awesome!!!!!
That’s why they gave Rey a special golden lightsaber at the end of this film, should be a good seller this holiday

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they made the obvious decision and made Finn a Jedi, we wouldnt have all these problems...

I said before it should have been finn was a jedi. He finds out his sista is lupita (not no animated character) who join kylo ren and turns to the dark side. She become kylo apprentice with Kylo becoming all powerful and the new sith lord. Then they could have made 2 trilogies with it. Have Rey and Kylo be brother and sister.

Have initially Finn helping Rey. The 3rd act of the trilogy would be lupita turning to the dark side. Then from that you spin off the next set of trilogies.