Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
The mental dwarfism amongst casual viewers and fans annoys me. The premise of Sagas is creating movies that span multiple films and build on and from an overall idea. There must be coherent themes and plot points. Skywalkers were the ‘chosen’ familial bloodline which demonstrated their struggles against the villainy of their era. An era which spans three Generations and always involved Shiv Palpatine. The greatest cinematic Sith. In the newer iterations we see a Skywalker whose fallen victim to his grand schemes. Redeeming Ben from a Solo into adopting Skywalker would’ve been a completion of his arc.

A vindication of his contribution to galactic menace which involved ending his uncle and an opportunity to justify the Rise of Skywalker. Assuming that Disney even once considered him a MC and not merely a fleshlight for Rey. Instead they defiled 3 generations to prop up a Palpatine. Lineage and Heritage is important and regardless of how many people adopt the name from Rey. Every single one of them is an off shot of Palpatine. Do you realise that even without corrupting Rey this still means down the line, one of his offspring might be inspired as Kylo was with Vader to assume his mantle. This, the menace lives on. Why do these fukking casuals not see that the REAL Skywalkers have been shat on. Are people so short sighted and retarded that propping up one female is more important than the decades of storyline’s?

fukk this movie and everyone who loves it.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Not surprising. There's not as much substance in Star Wars as people think without dipping into non-canon EU stuff, and none of that stuff is an easy sell in corporate boardrooms. I'm sure they'll find a way to do more Skywalker stories.
They can always bring the story back to canon and jump it up another 20 years by saying Kylo Ren had a kid that's a Skywalker or the force created another Midochlorian Skywalker when the Sith came back.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But there are no more Skywalkers right? So what gives with the title? Should have called it The Last Jedi right? Lol
Kylo is the son of Leia who is Luke's twin so there's that. I'll know on Saturday cause I plan to see this then. I have to see with my own eyes how this train wreck ends.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Yes

Her parents didn't want Palp to find Rey so they sold her off. Palp ends up killing her parents/his son

I had no idea Palpatine had a wife or son :leon:. :patrice:I wonder how they going to flesh that out?

Edit: I can't even imagine Palpatine having a wife and kids. It seems like that will present a major weakness for him. Just saying.

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Why does everyone have to be related in these movies? shyt is mad redundant.

In the original script for the Return of the Jedi Leia was not actually Luke's sister. At the end of the movie Luke was supposed to go off and find his real sister. George Lucas said he just wanted to wrap up the trilogy so he can go raise his kids. In at the last moment changed the idea to of being Luke Skywalker sister