Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Rey is a Mary Sue and the Disney Trilogy of movies effectively makes both the PT and the OT movies pointless.

The Skywalkers tied together the two trilogies. Anakin fell to the dark side out of fear of his loved ones dying. Eventually Anakin still fulfilled the Chosen One prophecy when he killed the Emperor and himself. Luke started off immature but mastered his emotions and Jedi training, refusing to give into his fears and strike down his father. He laid his father to rest and cemented the rebels' victory and the restoration of the Jedi.

If you asked anyone last week, that is how Star Wars ended. The Disney trilogy invalidates both of those character arcs and the movies themselves.

Anakin never killed the Emperor and therefore failed to fulfill the prophecy. His sacrifice against the Emperor meant nothing.
Luke was never conquered his emotions since he tried to strike down his nephew. The conclusion to his character from ROTJ was a lie. He let fear takeover his mind in the end.
Luke never truly defeated the empire. The Empire rose again and successfully destroyed the new Republic. Luke didnt rebuild the Jedi Order. All of his students and the new temple were destroyed and he exiled himself. All of these characters failed, all of these movies were pointless.

Instead the Mary Sue self-insert did it all. In the end, Disney could not think of a single original thing to do with her.

Rey killed the Emperor. Rey mastered her emotions to defeat the Sith. Rey led the rebels to finally defeat the empire. Rey is going on to rebuild the Jedi Order. Rey is the last Jedi. And Rey even looks at the twin suns set on Tatooine as she is burying her surrogate parents. Rey is the Skywalker of legend.

In their twisted attempt to prey on nostalgia and retell the same old story, Disney has assassinated the original films. All of the accomplishments of the older characters are stolen by or reprinted to be in service of Rey. Disney wants you to believe that 40 years of Star Wars were all leading up to her.

It's alright if you think these films are well-made or entertaining, but Disney is stealing from then spitting in the face of everything that came before to prop up their own creations.

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
86% audience score on rotten tomatoes yet again shows star wars fans get what they deserve, why would Disney change anything when they have dumbass sheep that will go see trash over and over again.
I assure you that audience score will not hold...

Disney stans been fiendin to get their reviews in for TROS to combat the 57%...

TLJ also had a high audience score when it opened...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That seems to be the case as I've seen a few people post on FB that they loved it and one girl even called me out for saying it was a mess of a film. I may end up looking like the crazy person on this.

Even the main guy on Midnight's Edge channel said it wasn't as bad as he originally thought (but he's not a big Star Wars fan.)

It's kind of implied that he cloned himself...I guess? Honestly I don't know. If Palpatine had planet destroying Star Destroyers on ice the whole time why the fukk did he need Starkiller Base?

My thing is, if he was really some kind of clone, then why would he make an old ass clone? Dude is like 120 and looks every bit of it.

If he used cloning to make a new body, I would think he would've cloned himself in his prime so he could inhabit a younger body.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
overrated franchise. Hasn’t had a good movie since the 70s according to its own fan base.

:gucci:

return of the sith was piff, phantom menace and attack of the clones had cheesy parts/writing but were generally decent and well structured story wise.

rogue one was piff.

clone wars and rebels cartoons were :blessed:

the mandalorian is shaping up to be piff. and baby yoda is the realest since kumbaye

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
The movie couldnt recover from the damage made with last jedi

The whole trilogy was a colossal failure for a simple reason

It was rushed and not planned out.

This!

I think they set it up for him to be in more films at the end. When Lando asked that black chick where she was from and when she didn't know he responded "Let's find out",I felt like that was foreshadowing.

Its a Disney+ money play