Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Terrible shytty movie.

The complete lack of explanation regarding out how the Emperor came back from death was shockingly bad writing.

"Rey I want to tell you something.." so Friend Zone Finn had two hoes pining over him but he continued to carry the torch for that bytch.

The Kylo/Rey "love" chemistry was less believable than Anakin and Portman in the prequels.

That forced SJW Lesbian kiss at the end...

God.. what a waste of what could have been.

Still better than Last Jedi though.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
People take Star Wars too seriously.

fukk outta here breh

giphy.gif

:pacspit:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Rey is a Mary Sue and the Disney Trilogy of movies effectively makes both the PT and the OT movies pointless.

The Skywalkers tied together the two trilogies. Anakin fell to the dark side out of fear of his loved ones dying. Eventually Anakin still fulfilled the Chosen One prophecy when he killed the Emperor and himself. Luke started off immature but mastered his emotions and Jedi training, refusing to give into his fears and strike down his father. He laid his father to rest and cemented the rebels' victory and the restoration of the Jedi.

If you asked anyone last week, that is how Star Wars ended. The Disney trilogy invalidates both of those character arcs and the movies themselves.

Anakin never killed the Emperor and therefore failed to fulfill the prophecy. His sacrifice against the Emperor meant nothing.
Luke was never a master of his emotions since he tried to strike down his nephew. The conclusion to his character from ROTJ was a lie. He let fear takeover his mind in the end.
Luke never truly defeated the empire. The Empire rose again and successfully destroyed the new Republic. Luke didnt rebuild the Jedi Order. All of his students and the new temple were destroyed and he exiled himself. All of these characters failed, all of these movies were pointless.

Instead the Mary Sue self-insert did it all. In the end, Disney could not think of a single original thing to do with her.

Rey killed the Emperor. Rey mastered her emotions to defeat the Sith. Rey led the rebels to finally defeat the empire. Rey is going on to rebuild the Jedi Order. Rey is the last Jedi. And Rey even looks at the twin suns set on Tatooine as she is burying her surrogate parents. Rey is the Skywalker of legend.

In their twisted attempt to prey on nostalgia and retell the same old story, Disney has assassinated the original films. All of the accomplishments of the older characters are stolen by or reprinted to be in service of Rey. Disney wants you to believe that 40 years of Star Wars were all leading up to her.

It's alright if you think these films are well-made or entertaining, but Disney is stealing from then spitting in the face of everything that came before to prop up their own creations.

Or you can look at it from the angle that JJ tried to convey....

Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious is a mastermind/genuis who, through theentire movie arc, the Clone Wars animated series and Rebels animated series, orchestrated an intergalactic war and made the universe his own puppet show until he tried running that game on his lineage.

The psychotic fanboys are pissed about the entire story arc, but it is what it is... nothing was going to change and being pissy all over social media and the internet itself is causing (me, for sure) aggravation and irritation.

This is what I hate about fukking fanboys!!! Get a muthafukking life!

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Terrible shytty movie.

The complete lack of explanation regarding out how the Emperor came back from death was shockingly bad writing.

"Rey I want to tell you something.." so Friend Zone Finn had two hoes pining over him but he continued to carry the torch for that bytch.

The Kylo/Rey "love" chemistry was less believable than Anakin and Portman in the prequels.

That forced SJW Lesbian kiss at the end...

God.. what a waste of what could have been.

Still better than Last Jedi though.
How the hell did they bring the emperor back?

And what the hell was finn going to tell rey?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
How the hell did they bring the emperor back?

And what the hell was finn going to tell rey?

The director of this movie used the Episodes 1-3 and the Clone Wars animated series to tie Darth Sidious into this movie. The "Darth Sidious" that died in the 1983 movie The Return of the Jedi was a clone and, once again, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious was STILL 2 steps ahead of the Repbulic/Rebels and the Jedi

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just coming back from it.

Brehs, this movie is BAD. Even my girl who tends to like pretty much every film was :why: :snoop: about this shyt.

It's as bad as it read on the spoilers. As bad as I could've expected considering the impossible task it had to finish a trilogy that had 2 disjointed movies as a set up. But you know what? I think the worst part of the movie is how bad it is paced. The first hour or so is :mindblown: horrible in terms of pacing and shyt happening just because. Like, even if I liked the story (which I didn't), I would have been bothered by how badly this was excecuted.

There's a couple of interesting concepts here and there. But they are not introduced, built up, developed nor explained in a satisfying manner. So even that sucks in this film

I don't think there's 1 scene that memorable or rewatchable (even a lot of people who despised TLJ liked the Rey/Kylo battling the royal guard scene).

This is Attack of the Clones bad, imo.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
The director of this movie used the Episodes 1-3 and the Clone Wars animated series to tie Darth Sidious into this movie. The "Darth Sidious" that died in the 1983 movie The Return of the Jedi was a clone and, once again, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious was STILL 2 steps ahead of the Repbulic/Rebels and the Jedi
tenor.gif