Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
My thing is, if he was really some kind of clone, then why would he make an old ass clone? Dude is like 120 and looks every bit of it.

If he used cloning to make a new body, I would think he would've cloned himself in his prime so he could inhabit a younger body.

That was my biggest problem with the movie. It made no damn sense whatsoever. None of it. I hear people say maybe he learned the power to cheat death, but other things about it make no sense. And Palpatine is one of my favorite SW characters too. :snoop:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The director of this movie used the Episodes 1-3 and the Clone Wars animated series to tie Darth Sidious into this movie. The "Darth Sidious" that died in the 1983 movie The Return of the Jedi was a clone and, once again, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious was STILL 2 steps ahead of the Repbulic/Rebels and the Jedi

:gucci:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
this movie is a microcosm of modern American society. notice all the dudes in here saying they seen it and it was 'terrible' or 'it sucked.' You knew this going in, yet you still gave these retards your money. This is why they keep making trash, because they know the average American will buy whatever is put in front of them, regardless of quality. Don't know who was looking forward to this filth or why they would be, but people, especially men, who were given the middle finger in TLJ, should have voted with their wallets and refused to support this garbage. Ya'll seen what they think of men in TLJ, we're all bumbling, moronic fools and women have to be perfect little angels. But here we are, mufukkas shelling out money for trash, then calling it trash afterwards like that's a profound statement.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This movie wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good either.

Saw the movie twice. When i left the theater the first time I was legit pissed off on some :pacspit: cause I felt my intelligence was messed with. shyt some of my homies were like “I liked it :ehh:” me: :gucci: Earlier today I went and saw it with my cousin and he said the same shyt :dwillhuh:

Now with my mind calm I can honestly say that the movie wasn’t as bad when i saw it the first time but like I stated before it wasn’t good either.

This movie was nothing more then a “Clean up job” for “The Last Jedi.” When reviewers were saying that it felt like the screenwriter went on reddit and took notes on what they complained about the last movie and put it in this movie that’s EXACTLY what it was. It felt more like fan fiction then a Star Wars movie.

When they didn’t bother to explain how Palpatine came back to life that felt like a slap in the face to my intelligence. When they didn’t expand on what Finn wanted to tell Rey that felt like a slap in the face. When they showed that Finn was force sensitive all of a sudden that was a slap in the face.

Papatine just ALL OF A SUDDEN was the mastermind behind everything and has a damn fleet of Star Destroyers? :dwillhuh:

You gonna tell me Palpatine’s lighting has ALL the power to take out the Rebel fleet but Rey’s TWO LIGHTSABERS CAN TAKE HIM OUT :damn:!! :pacspit:

Luke using the force to bring up his X-Wing was a nice full circle moment...TOO BAD HE WAS A GOTDAMN FORCE GHOST!

This shyt was just full of plotholes and that was a slap in the face :mindblown:

I honestly cannot for the life of me how y’all HATED “The Last Jedi” but LOVED this shyt.

It’s clear as day that Disney had NO outline for this trilogy. Say what you want about the prequel trilogy but George made sure all the movies had a flow and a main goal to get too.

The sequel trilogy literally feels like 3 different movies with different goals. They were literally making up shyt as they went along and that’s a damn shame.

Damn shame...:snoop:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
And what the hell was finn going to tell rey?
I’m assuming he was gonna tell her that he knew she was a Palpatine. At one point she said no one knows who she really is (after she found out) but Finn says “I do” and then later he mentions how both him and Leia knew already

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it.

Yes, it was rushed. Yes, there were plot holes. Yes it shamelessly played up the nostalgia and yes they undermined a lot of what the characters of the OT accomplished but...

the movie itself was entertaining enough for me to enjoy it while I watched it. The big crowd pleasing moments were well executed and besides the mistake of bringing a certain character back, I thought JJ ended it as well as he possibly could considering what he had to work with

I know it’s not saying much but I thought it was the best of the Disney trilogy.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

Saw the movie twice. When i left the theater the first time I was legit pissed off on some :pacspit: cause I felt my intelligence was messed with. shyt some of my homies were like “I liked it :ehh:” me: :gucci: Earlier today I went and saw it with my cousin and he said the same shyt :dwillhuh:

Now with my mind calm I can honestly say that the movie wasn’t as bad when i saw it the first time but like I stated before it wasn’t good either.

This movie was nothing more then a “Clean up job” for “The Last Jedi.” When reviewers were saying that it felt like the screenwriter went on reddit and took notes on what they complained about the last movie and put it in this movie that’s EXACTLY what it was. It felt more like fan fiction then a Star Wars movie.

When they didn’t bother to explain how Palpatine came back to life that felt like a slap in the face to my intelligence. When they didn’t expand on what Finn wanted to tell Rey that felt like a slap in the face. When they showed that Finn was force sensitive all of a sudden that was a slap in the face.

Papatine just ALL OF A SUDDEN was the mastermind behind everything and has a damn fleet of Star Destroyers? :dwillhuh:

You gonna tell me Palpatine’s lighting has ALL the power to take out the Rebel fleet but Rey’s TWO LIGHTSABERS CAN TAKE HIM OUT :damn:!! :pacspit:

Luke using the force to bring up his X-Wing was a nice full circle moment...TOO BAD HE WAS A GOTDAMN FORCE GHOST!

This shyt was just full of plotholes and that was a slap in the face :mindblown:

I honestly cannot for the life of me how y’all HATED “The Last Jedi” but LOVED this shyt.

It’s clear as day that Disney had NO outline for this trilogy. Say what you want about the prequel trilogy but George made sure all the movies had a flow and a main goal to get too.

The sequel trilogy literally feels like 3 different movies with different goals. They were literally making up shyt as they went along and that’s a damn shame.

Who manned the star destroyers. Breh just had workers on deck like that:gucci:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

I can’t train Ben because he has to much Vader in him but I’m going to train a palpatine

:mjtf:

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
The director of this movie used the Episodes 1-3 and the Clone Wars animated series to tie Darth Sidious into this movie. The "Darth Sidious" that died in the 1983 movie The Return of the Jedi was a clone and, once again, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious was STILL 2 steps ahead of the Repbulic/Rebels and the Jedi

Bullshyt. This is all reddit rabbit hole speculation or hopes. It wasn't explained in the movie... AT ALL. Plus if it was a clone why would he said that he had escaped death before?

You can put sprinkles on shyt... it's still shyt.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I can’t train Ben because he has to much Vader in him but I’m going to train a palpatine

:mjtf:

:mjtf: I... didn’t even consider this bit.

Peace out your Nephew when he needs you the most, but turn right around and train the blood heir to the man that mentally enslaved your father, implemented a dictatorship across the known galaxy, and who’s family line is HEAVILY PREDISPOSED TO LEANING TOWARDS THE DARK SIDE, Brehs