Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This will be the first trilogy with diminishing returns. Both of the other trilogies had strong first movies (Star Wars/Phantom), lowest middle movies (Clones/Empire) and then a boost again for the closers (Sith/Jedi).

Here every movie makes less than he previous episode. Which is still not bad Star Wars money is good money, but it goes against the trend for Star Wars trilogies,and should tell Disney something.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
THIS MY FAVORITE ONE. I LIKE THE SEQUEL TRILOGY MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY TOO. fukk EVERYBODY IDC. REY THE GOAT

:blessed:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
To proclaim Palpatine had created clones in Episode 1-3 and manipulated the narrative from the Shadows is ASININE!!! In following with the religious undertones, Anakin Skywalker was the child of promise. Hence Palpatine's insistence on his corruption and converting THAT hope into a symbol of galactic fear. It was one of his most triumphant moments, even beyond stealing the Senate. The aftermath of Order 66 demolished the Jedi and created an unquestioned position for Sith. There was NO MORE opposition for him to remain in hiding!!! Furthermore, as he fought Yoda - Sidious declares that Anakin would become more powerful than either imagined. The Sith aren't sentimental, their guiding principle is Strength and Power. The moment he elected him as his apprentice, Sidious had accepted Anakin as his successor. There weren't other pockets of Sith Masters/Students that could stand to this duo. It was inevitable that Anakin would replace him. We see him continuously test Vader to magnify his hatred (influenced Force Powers) and test his mental strength. This alleged Clone Theory would have you believe that Palpatine decided to grow emotions and decide that his successor would've been his own offspring. Are we supposed to fukking believe someone who made a Clone capable of going TOE to TOE with a Grandmaster. Decided to abandon this plan and have children in order to have a successor capable of inheriting his Empire. Rather than improving his cloning technique?? Its even preposterous to advised we look at it from this angle, as it is sympathetic to Palpatine. And shows him as a mastermind genius. Which is no big deal were it not for the fukking fact this shyt is called THE SKYWALKER SAGA. NOT LEGEND OF PALPATINE!!! Don't call shyt part of a Saga if the MC of said Saga are nothing more than footnotes for another character.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Got back from the theater last night. It was a nice story. It def managed to stay true to the main character, casting was spot on. It was a little slow at parts but overall def glad it turned out like it did. I think most people will enjoy it for what it is and shouldnt look too deep into things or take them so seriously. Even a couple pf parts managed to have me go :mjcry:. I was worried it wasn’t gonna be good but they stuck the landing. Might see again when it comes on streaming. People in here on the fence should def go see it and give it a chance. Tom Hanks killed it as Fred Rogers.

I’d give A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood a 8/10.

They had showings for Star Wars last night too when i went to go see this mr rogers joint. Might check out the bootleg for that one in the future:patrice:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Got back from the theater last night. It was a nice story. It def managed to stay true to the main character, casting was spot on. It was a little slow at parts but overall def glad it turned out like it did. I think most people will enjoy it for what it is and shouldnt look too deep into things or take them so seriously. Even a couple pf parts managed to have me go :mjcry:. I was worried it wasn’t gonna be good but they stuck the landing. Might see again when it comes on streaming. People in here on the fence should def go see it and give it a chance. Tom Hanks killed it as Fred Rogers.

I’d give A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood a 8/10.

They had showings for Star Wars last night too when i went to go see this mr rogers joint. Might check out the bootleg for that one in the future:patrice:
tenor.gif