Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
People are having a revisionist recalling of why both Kenobi and Yoda went into exile.

Yoda and Kenobi decided they have to face Vader and Sidious. They both failed. Them being the only remaining Jedi went into hiding, but they feared that the Emperor would learn about the twins and that's why they split them up and Obiwan kept an eye on Luke. It wasn't because they had a "plan". The only reason why Obiwan got Luke INVOLVED was because the droids and R2D2 had a message to give to him. So, it was all inadvertent and Luke only went along because the Empire murdered his Aunt and Uncle.

All of it wasn't because they purposely had a plan. Had that been the case, then Obiwan would of secretly trained Luke for 20 years HIMSELF, but did not. He only did so because of the message sent by Leia and realizing then it was time.
This was all the will of the force

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Empire
Hope
FA
Jedi
Rise
R1
Last Jedi
Solo
Sith
Menace
Attack

:yeshrug:

The Empire Strikes Back (GOAT. Luke vs Vader in Cloud City >>>>>)
A New Hope (Legendary. The Battle of Yavin is one of the GOAT final battles in the series.)
Return of the Jedi (Dope, but I didn't like the Ewoks or the way Boba Fett went out)
Revenge of the Sith (Dope ideas that were hurt by too much CGI and terrible dialogue. IMO the most overrated SW film.)
Force Awakens (The first half was solid, but the red flags start coming in later in the movie-- Rey being too strong, Finn being a jobber, etc. The two sequels really tainted this movie IMO.)
Rogue One (The first half was a snooze, but the second half was better. The main characters were forgettable though. The Vader hallway scene >)
Solo (It wasn't bad, but it doesn't feel like a movie that really needs to exist either)
The Phantom Menace (Plinkett already ethered this trash movie. I'll give it a point for having Darth Maul in it though.)
Attack of the Clones (They ruined Yoda by having him fight, and the love story is WOAT status. I'll give it a point for showing the Jedi Order in it's prime though. Mace Windu was dope.)
The Last Jedi (Just a terrible story that went nowhere and did nothing to expand any of the new main characters. They also completely destroyed the character of Luke)

I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker yet, and I don't care about spoilers after the way TLJ messed up the franchise.Not a single iconic character or moment came from that film. As bad as the prequels were, at least they had a clear gameplan and you could see where they trying to go with the storyline. Jar Jar was terrible, but the prequels still gave us Darth Maul, Mace Windu, the Jedi Order, etc. The prequels still gave us SOMETHING and had a consistent vision behind them even though they were deeply flawed as movies.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Can't lie. I didn't expect Attack of the clones to be high on anyone's list :lolbron:
I’m amazed that clones, phantom menace, and last Jedi are anywhere but bottom 3 of the 9 ones they’ve done between the horrid writing in all of them and the atrocious acting and green screen in clones. Of the 8 I’ve seen here’s mine:

Empire
New hope
ROTJ
Force awakens
ROTS (it’s this high by default. Great idea with great score and fight choreography but awful green screen, pacing, and dialogue)
Phantom menace (it’s better than clones and last Jedi by default due to practical effects and set pieces and a lack of character assassination)
Clones (can’t say enough bad things about the dialogue and romance plot)
Last Jedi (worst written film in the series)

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I like the story in Attack the Clones. Sending Obi Wan on all of these random missions, chasing ghosts. Anakin harassing Padme 5-star recruit style, until she feels something....savage Anakin, Council/Anakin beef, Anakin gettin that a$$ whooped by Dooku. And Palpatine starting a war from one side, AND playing victim from the other.

Love that movie :yeshrug:

Jango
Coruscant chase
Clones
Obi vs Jango and Boba
Obi vs Jango in space
Anakin on Tattooine
Anakin & Palpatine
Battle of Geonosis
Mace Windu wrecking shyt and mollywhopping Jango
Dooku vs the Jedi
Death Star
The reveal of Dooku as Sidious' apprentice which explains the whole Sifo-Dyas stuff
John Williams score

I wanna watch that right now :banderas:
Dyas is never explained at all. Did George mention that he was dooku at some point? So many good ideas that were so poorly executed :francis:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
The Empire Strikes Back (GOAT. Luke vs Vader in Cloud City >>>>>)
A New Hope (Legendary. The Battle of Yavin is one of the GOAT final battles in the series.)
Return of the Jedi (Dope, but I didn't like the Ewoks or the way Boba Fett went out)
Revenge of the Sith (Dope ideas that were hurt by too much CGI and terrible dialogue. IMO the most overrated SW film.)
Force Awakens (The first half was solid, but the red flags start coming in later in the movie-- Rey being too strong, Finn being a jobber, etc. The two sequels really tainted this movie IMO.)
Rogue One (The first half was a snooze, but the second half was better. The main characters were forgettable though. The Vader hallway scene >)
Solo (It wasn't bad, but it doesn't feel like a movie that really needs to exist either)
The Phantom Menace (Plinkett already ethered this trash movie. I'll give it a point for having Darth Maul in it though.)
Attack of the Clones (They ruined Yoda by having him fight, and the love story is WOAT status. I'll give it a point for showing the Jedi Order in it's prime though. Mace Windu was dope.)
The Last Jedi (Just a terrible story that went nowhere and did nothing to expand any of the new main characters. They also completely destroyed the character of Luke)

I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker yet, and I don't care about spoilers after the way TLJ messed up the franchise.Not a single iconic character or moment came from that film. As bad as the prequels were, at least they had a clear gameplan and you could see where they trying to go with the storyline. Jar Jar was terrible, but the prequels still gave us Darth Maul, Mace Windu, the Jedi Order, etc. The prequels still gave us SOMETHING and had a consistent vision behind them even though they were deeply flawed as movies.
Solid list...i know i put the prequels at the bottom of mine, but I still like them. I find redeemable quality’s in every film in the franchise, even the not so great ones.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
No. Yoda went into exile because he understood the Jedi had failed because of their own arrogance. He was a completely different person on Dagobah. Notice how he constantly stresses to Luke that the Force >>>> lightsabers and we never see him use a lightsaber again. He walked into battle with Sidious full of arrogance and anger and failed because he had forgotten what being a Jedi was supposed to mean. So he was in exile, meditating on his mistakes.

How were the Jedi arrogant? Yoda questioned the prophecy that said Anakin was the Chosen One and knew there was a Sith disrupting their connection with the Force.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
The amount of people putting Attack of the Clines in their top 5 tells you that you cant take initial reviews of SW movies serious. Because people were apocalyptic when that came out. Open season on Lucas

I know this for a fact because I used to be heavy on those sites and forums when the Prequels come out.

I would say the only movie that came out since I was born and were immediantly positive was Rogue One. And even that had some vocal hate

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when JJ was promoting TFA as a return to the grounded feel of the OT. 2 movies later the prequel lightsaber twirl fest fights that were labeled as too over the top are the lightest of light work compared to the fukkery they're doing now.

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Love that movie :yeshrug:

Jango
Coruscant chase
Clones
Obi vs Jango and Boba
Obi vs Jango in space
Anakin on Tattooine
Anakin & Palpatine
Battle of Geonosis
Mace Windu wrecking shyt and mollywhopping Jango
Dooku vs the Jedi
Death Star
The reveal of Dooku as Sidious' apprentice which explains the whole Sifo-Dyas stuff
John Williams score

I wanna watch that right now :banderas:

:yeshrug:
I agree, wasn't the best movie,,, but I really enjoyed everything you named :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Dyas is never explained at all. Did George mention that he was dooku at some point? So many good ideas that were so poorly executed :francis:

Movies only, the way I see it went down is this:

- Kaminoans claim Sifo-Dyas placed the order after the battle of Naboo (10 years ago)
- Obi-Wan and the Council confirm Sifo-Dyas died around the same time
- Jango was the template
- Obi-Wan asks him about Sifo-Dyas but Jango has never heard of him, and claims he was contracted "by a man named Tyranus".
- The end reveal of the movie is that Sidious and Dooku are playing both sides and Sidious then calls him Darth (or Lord) Tyranus.
- Dooku contracted Jango = Dooku used Sifo-Dyas name to order the Clones.

Now I say movies-only because in the "legends" they later wrote that Sifo-Dyas actually did place the order on Palpatine's command. Dooku, in his first betrayal of the Jedi, then killed him immediately. This part is not mentioned in the movies. It WAS going to be in the Clone Wars season that got scrapped.

It's also not necessary for me, when Sidious called Dooku Tyranus I figured "ok so they're playing both sides, mystery solved".

I'll take all of that over "low on fuel while looking for hacker and freeing enslaved animals but not the kids" anyday. Or let's do ANH again. Or that TROS treasurehunt.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The amount of people putting Attack of the Clines in their top 5 tells you that you cant take initial reviews of SW movies serious. Because people were apocalyptic when that came out. Open season on Lucas

I’ve seen a few people show that movie love recently and I don’t get it. I mean if you ignore the obvious flaws (terrible acting and dialogue, way too much cartoonish CGI) and just look at the overall plot, it’s terribly convoluted with a lot of holes in it. People critiquing the Disney trilogy for its plot holes while praising the plot of Attack of the Clones is insane to me. It’s my least favorite Star Wars film and I even put the Phantom Menace Over It