Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Nah, people are just more invested in hating on what's current :yeshrug:

I could understand seeing Episode 3 as better, but I would take either Disney movie over the first two prequels. No way The Phantom Menace is better than Ep7 or 8.

Jar-Jar Binks
full

One set of movies I have seen multiple times

One set I have no desire to ever see again. I may just skip part 9 altogether

So we just are on opposite ends of this one

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Phantom Menace was way better.

Podrace & Duel of the Fates alone shyt on 7 & 8.

Qui-Gonn, Mace, Maul are all more interesting characters than anybody not named Kylo Ren. Plus Phantom actually told a new story that gave life to an entire trilogy whereas Last Jedi made Force Awakens even weaker than it already was.

And that's just the weakest of the prequels. Every episode after was a step up.

Edit: owyeah, at least Jar Jar didn't need a stranger to give him his name :scust:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Phantom Menace was way better.

Podrace & Duel of the Fates alone shyt on 7 & 8.

Qui-Gonn, Mace, Maul are all more interesting characters than anybody not named Kylo Ren. Plus Phantom actually told a new story that gave life to an entire trilogy whereas Last Jedi made Force Awakens even weaker than it already was.

And that's just the weakest of the prequels. Every episode after was a step up.

Edit: owyeah, at least Jar Jar didn't need a stranger to give him his name :scust:

That one had me :snoop: Same for Solo. Could have easily been badass moments if they got to name themselves.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I can't believe they fukked this trilogy up this bad.The prequels were some bullshyt but at least they had a consistent through line. This trilogy has been nothing but Abrams and Rian throwing shyt at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Not to mention Rey is probably one of the worst protagonist to grace a major franchise in years. Just an all round terrible fukking character with nothing to her but her bullshyt powers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, people are just more invested in hating on what's current :yeshrug:

I could understand seeing Episode 3 as better, but I would take either Disney movie over the first two prequels. No way The Phantom Menace is better than Ep7 or 8.

Jar-Jar Binks
full

I'm with you on Ep 7. IMO the Force Awakens was decent enough to start with, but started falling apart with the third act. The third act is where the major red flags started coming in (Rey being too powerful for no reason, Kylo going out like a punk, the :mjpls: -ish treatment of Finn, etc.) At this stage it was still early enough that they could have come through with some kind of explanation to save it. The first half of the movie of the movie is actually a lot of fun IMO, and far better than the first two prequels.

Now the Last Jedi, on the other hand... :snoop:

* They messed up Luke Skywalker. They turned him into a bitter, cowardly old hermit who abandoned his friends, and they killed him off before we got to REALLY see him be that dude. I feel bad for Mark Hamill, because he could see how badly they were messing up with Luke's character and tried to speak out. The suits didn't listen though...
* They killed off Snoke before we learn anything about him or his motives. So what's the point of his character?
* Kylo and Hux act like Spaceballs villains.
* They have no idea what to do with Finn's character, and the Canto Blight stuff with Rose went nowhere. The Plinkett reviews talk about how the Canto Blight stuff is written like something out of a National Lampoon flick.
* Holdo makes no sense. Compare her character to someone like Picard in Star Trek, who actually sat down and discussed his plans with his subordinates.
* Why doesn't the First Order just hyperjump ahead of the Resistance and cut them off?
* Rey has no character arc, no clear goal, no blood/sweat/tears, and no backstory. Why does she want to be a Jedi and part of the Resistance? Why should we care? How has her character changed compared to when we first met her?

Now don't get me wrong, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are TRASH movies. (Word to RedLetterMedia's Plinkett reviews)

...but at least they gave us SOMETHING.

The Phantom Menace was terribly written and had Jar-Jar...

...but at least it gave us Darth Maul and Podracing.

Attack of the Clones had the WOAT love story, trash writing, and Palpatine is obviously suspect...

...but at least Ep. 2 gave us Mace Windu and a dope cartoon. We were still excited to see what happened next because we knew Vader was coming.

What loose ends do we have to look forward for this new movie?
What has TLJ given us that was ever iconic or dope on any level?

...Porgs? :dahell:

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
they fukked up big time with the story for the trilogy.

why end up bringing sidious back haphazardly when you could have had this trilogy be luke's proper send off where you show the built up jedi order and resurrected sidious in the background rebuilding the empire and ending up with the mother of all force battles in episode 3 (force tornadoes, planets getting destroyed etc.).

1st episode could have had the tail end of thrawn's run, with the republic thinking they destroyed the remnants of the empire loyalists by defeating him but not knowing that sidious was back working from the shadows.

i swear these hollywood cacs are shyt. they fukked up star wars and they even managed to fukk up the ending to game of thrones. these were projects with endless lore which had the potential for great, rich stories.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You say this but JJ is not the one who ruined this franchise, Rian Johnson did...:hhh:

JJ was the one who gave us a strong first movie and is now having to clean up RJ's fukking mess...:gucci: If JJ was in charge of the entire trilogy Luke wouldn't have been killed off in part 2 and it would be a stronger movie...but hey what do I know...:martin:
JJ is not to be trusted either. He killed off Han Solo before all 5 of the main characters of the first trilogy could meet and... Did you not see that fukkboy shyt he did with Finn??

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I can't believe they fukked this trilogy up this bad.The prequels were some bullshyt but at least they had a consistent through line. This trilogy has been nothing but Abrams and Rian throwing shyt at a wall and seeing what sticks.
please. JJ did a pretty fantastic job with the force awakens considering he was rebooting a franchise with the most insufferable fans (worse than marvel) who complain about everything.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
I'm with you on Ep 7. IMO the Force Awakens was decent enough to start with, but started falling apart with the third act. The third act is where the major red flags started coming in (Rey being too powerful for no reason, Kylo going out like a punk, the :mjpls: -ish treatment of Finn, etc.) At this stage it was still early enough that they could have come through with some kind of explanation to save it. The first half of the movie of the movie is actually a lot of fun IMO, and far better than the first two prequels.

Now the Last Jedi, on the other hand... :snoop:

* They messed up Luke Skywalker. They turned him into a bitter, cowardly old hermit who abandoned his friends, and they killed him off before we got to REALLY see him be that dude. I feel bad for Mark Hamill, because he could see how badly they were messing up with Luke's character and tried to speak out. The suits didn't listen though...
* They killed off Snoke before we learn anything about him or his motives. So what's the point of his character?
* Kylo and Hux act like Spaceballs villains.
* They have no idea what to do with Finn's character, and the Canto Blight stuff with Rose went nowhere. The Plinkett reviews talk about how the Canto Blight stuff is written like something out of a National Lampoon flick.
* Holdo makes no sense. Compare her character to someone like Picard in Star Trek, who actually sat down and discussed his plans with his subordinates.
* Why doesn't the First Order just hyperjump ahead of the Resistance and cut them off?
* Rey has no character arc, no clear goal, no blood/sweat/tears, and no backstory. Why does she want to be a Jedi and part of the Resistance? Why should we care? How has her character changed compared to when we first met her?

Now don't get me wrong, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are TRASH movies. (Word to RedLetterMedia's Plinkett reviews)

...but at least they gave us SOMETHING.

The Phantom Menace was terribly written and had Jar-Jar...

...but at least it gave us Darth Maul and Podracing.

Attack of the Clones had the WOAT love story, trash writing, and Palpatine is obviously suspect...

...but at least Ep. 2 gave us Mace Windu and a dope cartoon. We were still excited to see what happened next because we knew Vader was coming.

What loose ends do we have to look forward for this new movie?
What has TLJ given us that was ever iconic or dope on any level?

...Porgs? :dahell:
No lie Porgs seemed like a shameless attempt to market plush toys :concern:but i still like em. Bout the only thing i like about the new trilogy:spurlol: