Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Disney was smart they should have adapted stories from the novels of the 80s-2000s. Disney saying the expanded universe is not canon was a slap in the face to the authors of the books and to the fans. :francis:

Yup, 100% of the reason why they fukked up. The material was there and all they had to do was modify it for the big screen. But nope.....

@Art Barr

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
they fukked up big time with the story for the trilogy.

why end up bringing sidious back haphazardly when you could have had this trilogy be luke's proper send off where you show the built up jedi order and resurrected sidious in the background rebuilding the empire and ending up with the mother of all force battles in episode 3 (force tornadoes, planets getting destroyed etc.).

1st episode could have had the tail end of thrawn's run, with the republic thinking they destroyed the remnants of the empire loyalists by defeating him but not knowing that sidious was back working from the shadows.

i swear these hollywood cacs are shyt. they fukked up star wars and they even managed to fukk up the ending to game of thrones. these were projects with endless lore which had the potential for great, rich stories.

BLAME KATHLEEN KENNEDY...:snoop:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
If Disney was smart they should have adapted stories from the novels of the 80s-2000s. Disney saying the expanded universe is not canon was a slap in the face to the authors of the books and to the fans. :francis:
They said the expanded universe was gone but they still ended up taking elements from them (Kylo Ren/Ben Solo) :gucci:. They could've pulled an MCU and adapted certain stories and elements without acting like their "original stories" were going to be better than EU. Basically, Dave Fiolini should be in charge of Star Wars creatively.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I gave this trilogy a chance, I really did but I have to fair and honest. It's all over the place slightly. Maybe JJ should of just directed the whole thing so that it could be one complete story. I liked that Rian wasn't a "Blockbuster" Filmmaker but it's clear he had his own ideas of what Star Wars should be instead of focusing on what JJ told on "Awakens". I'm fine with Luke being a Yoda/Obi figure but he should of done way more in the movie. The Prequels were much better it's not even debatable at this point. All the people that hated on the Prequels have egg on their faces because they swore up and down Disney was better than Lucas and they were wrong. Again I liked "Awakens" but it was "A New Hope Part 2". "The Last Jedi" took some risk but many of them didn't work out. At first I didn't want JJ back because I afraid he would do "Return of the Jedi 2" (Though it looks like he did do that bringing back the Emperor, lol)

Now I think he can be a good closer and finish this strong. What hurt this Trilogy to me is the replay value. I watched the Original Trilogy religiously. I even watch the Prequels mad times. With this Trilogy I haven't watched Awakens or Last Jedi but a few times. That's not a good sign because Star Wars films had pretty good replay value. The New Big 3 is the weakest Big 3 of the Saga (OT Big 3 and Prequels Big 3 were better). Again I know these films are marketed to a new generation but as an OG Star Wars fan I have to keep it real. I had my criticism of prequels but atleast it was a cohesive story that presented new ideas and tech/ships to the Saga. I'm hoping for the best because I know Abrams can make a good blockbuster. Now with the Emperor returning and Rey possibly having conflicted feelings about the Dark Side (Like Luke) has peeked my interest. So Rey is rumored to be using Mual's double lightsaber huh?

tenor.gif

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
BLAME KATHLEEN KENNEDY...:snoop:

Fxck this clueless, arrogant dork of a woman. I dont think we've ever seen anything so great and with such potential get fxcked up so badly and so quickly in the history of civilization...

Its like watching a young 22 year old Janet Jackson get kidnapped, thrown in a vat of acid, tongue removed, dismembered, and given the leatherface treatment. And the person who did it is trying to tell us "nah shes actually badder now and will put out better music. Excited about the tour coming soon". If you dont get the entire fxck out of my face:mjtf:

SW as a universe was soo dope its not even funny. So much depth and substance.. An endless labyrinth of possibilities to work with. A lore that took DECADES to reinforce. That's once in a lifetime type shyt. Look at what it could have been and look where it ended the fxck up. I dont think theres an OG star wars fan on this planet that would have let this happen, let alone any other producer other than KK.

Its almost as if the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker is an allegory of the fate of the Star Wars franchise itself.:snoop:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Harrison was the one who been wanting Han dead
Yeah killing Han isn't the issue since Ford didn't even want to play him again, most people's beef is the OG heroes not even being together on screen before he died. Plus the fact he hustled backwards and wound up being a space scoundrel once again after help save the galaxy

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Fxck this clueless, arrogant dork of a woman. I dont think we've ever seen anything so great and with such potential get fxcked up so badly and so quickly in the history of civilization...

Its like watching a young 22 year old Janet Jackson get kidnapped, thrown in a vat of acid, tongue removed, dismembered, and given the leatherface treatment. And the person who did it is trying to tell us "nah shes actually badder now and will put out better music. Excited about the tour coming soon". If you dont get the entire fxck out of my face:mjtf:

SW as a universe was soo dope its not even funny. So much depth and substance.. An endless labyrinth of possibilities to work with. A lore that took DECADES to reinforce. That's once in a lifetime type shyt. Look at what it could have been and look where it ended the fxck up. I dont think theres an OG star wars fan on this planet that would have let this happen, let alone any other producer other than KK.

Its almost as if the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker is an allegory of the fate of the Star Wars franchise itself.:snoop:
I don't understand why they couldn't they found the star wars equivalent to Kevin Feige.

All Kennedy cared about was milking the franchise and forcing a white woman to be the protagonist and shamelessly & deceptively used Finn to getting a better market share.

Why couldn't they have the balls to make Rey a black woman instead of shamelessly lead on people with the marketing of the Force awaken sith Finn?

Kennedy has no vision. Just cares about pandering, making money, and self severing by ruining white female character by making ridiculously unrelatable and OP that make all other characters useless. It's one of the great Staples of Lucas shyt. Even if it sucked. All the characters have flaws and need each other to overcome the odds. Also, his desire is to tell a story. He doesn't pander to a demographic. He has story and he crafts in his own way. It felt organic with Windu and Lando. I could use more exposure, but I rather it be that than the deceitful pandering with Finn.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't understand why they couldn't they found the star wars equivalent to Kevin Feige.

From everything I read they wanted to rush it out. That.... never works. J.J. was the right guy because he does some wild things with practical effects and if you want somebody to make a nice safe opening movie with a couple twists and "big ideas"... that is his M.O.

But if J.J. wasn't going to do the entire trilogy then they obviously did need a Feige type of central figure who could have directors progress to a natural conclusion.

I don't know if any of this is going to feel organic once we reach the end...

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Can’t wait for the prequels to be trash again in the never-ending Star Wars fandom rollercoaster