Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
From everything I read they wanted to rush it out. That.... never works. J.J. was the right guy because he does some wild things with practical effects and if you want somebody to make a nice safe opening movie with a couple twists and "big ideas"... that is his M.O.

But if J.J. wasn't going to do the entire trilogy then they obviously did need a Feige type of central figure who could have directors progress to a natural conclusion.

I don't know if any of this is going to feel organic once we reach the end...
I think reason why they wanted to do musical chairs director is because of money and cheaper. JJ is an expensive hire and getting him to write a trilogy was probably not in Kennedy "Money over Fist" prerogative.

What I don't understand is why Kennedy let them write individual movies of a trilogy. Especially, a no name director like Johnson.

The sad thing about Johnson is that he wrote a story meant for executives/producers that have zero idea about universe. They ate it up look a fool to a con man. You'd think Disney would have someone with passion about the franchise to be in charge of it.

It's probably why minds like Feige And Lucas are rare in Hollywood . They aren't manufactured or work politics to get them in high powered positions. Feige was put in place long before Disney acquired Marvel. He was the Marvel supernerd. Lucas was entirely self made. Disney was only gonna hire a stooge that has no passion for the franchise.

It's deeply disappointing.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Now I think he can be a good closer and finish this strong. What hurt this Trilogy to me is the replay value. I watched the Original Trilogy religiously. I even watch the Prequels mad times. With this Trilogy I haven't watched Awakens or Last Jedi but a few times. That's not a good sign because Star Wars films had pretty good replay value. The New Big 3 is the weakest Big 3 of the Saga (OT Big 3 and Prequels Big 3 were better). Again I know these films are marketed to a new generation but as an OG Star Wars fan I have to keep it real. I had my criticism of prequels but atleast it was a cohesive story that presented new ideas and tech/ships to the Saga. I'm hoping for the best because I know Abrams can make a good blockbuster. Now with the Emperor returning and Rey possibly having conflicted feelings about the Dark Side (Like Luke) has peeked my interest. So Rey is rumored to be using Mual's double lightsaber huh?

tenor.gif

so true. i've rewatched episode 2 and 3 many times. doubt I'll ever watch 7 and 8 again.

I don't understand why they couldn't they found the star wars equivalent to Kevin Feige.

they had that filoni dude who did an amazing job with the animated series.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I gave this trilogy a chance, I really did but I have to fair and honest. It's all over the place slightly. Maybe JJ should of just directed the whole thing so that it could be one complete story. I liked that Rian wasn't a "Blockbuster" Filmmaker but it's clear he had his own ideas of what Star Wars should be instead of focusing on what JJ told on "Awakens". I'm fine with Luke being a Yoda/Obi figure but he should of done way more in the movie. The Prequels were much better it's not even debatable at this point. All the people that hated on the Prequels have egg on their faces because they swore up and down Disney was better than Lucas and they were wrong. Again I liked "Awakens" but it was "A New Hope Part 2". "The Last Jedi" took some risk but many of them didn't work out. At first I didn't want JJ back because I afraid he would do "Return of the Jedi 2" (Though it looks like he did do that bringing back the Emperor, lol)

Now I think he can be a good closer and finish this strong. What hurt this Trilogy to me is the replay value. I watched the Original Trilogy religiously. I even watch the Prequels mad times. With this Trilogy I haven't watched Awakens or Last Jedi but a few times. That's not a good sign because Star Wars films had pretty good replay value. The New Big 3 is the weakest Big 3 of the Saga (OT Big 3 and Prequels Big 3 were better). Again I know these films are marketed to a new generation but as an OG Star Wars fan I have to keep it real. I had my criticism of prequels but atleast it was a cohesive story that presented new ideas and tech/ships to the Saga. I'm hoping for the best because I know Abrams can make a good blockbuster. Now with the Emperor returning and Rey possibly having conflicted feelings about the Dark Side (Like Luke) has peeked my interest. So Rey is rumored to be using Mual's double lightsaber huh?

tenor.gif
I’ve mentioned it before but you have multiple memorable moments from 1-6, whether you like them or not. These are so bland and cookie cutter there is few if anything memorable. 9 will have to be amazing, which I doubt, but right now I have the prequels above these. This outing has been an embarrassment.

9 is already behind the 8 ball (no pun intended) if Rey actually is flirting with the dark side because they had no build up at all for it and now they just gonna jump into the finale with it :mindblown:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I’ve mentioned it before but you have multiple memorable moments from 1-6, whether you like them or not. These are so bland and cookie cutter there is few if anything memorable. 9 will have to be amazing, which I doubt, but right now I have the prequels above these. This outing has been an embarrassment.

9 is already behind the 8 ball (no pun intended) if Rey actually is flirting with the dark side because they had no build up at all for it and now they just gonna jump into the finale with it :mindblown:
The only way to revive this is to add 3 more parts to the saga and write it in a way that the Last Jedi is retconned. The force awakens wasn't terrible being that it was an origins story but Kylo Ren is too goofy to be a villain. He should've been a plot twist anti-hero. I feel like if Finn was never meant to be a jedi, he should've never held a light saber. So either that was bad writing or foreshadow.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The only way to revive this is to add 3 more parts to the saga and write it in a way that the Last Jedi is retconned. The force awakens wasn't terrible being that it was an origins story but Kylo Ren is too goofy to be a villain. He should've been a plot twist anti-hero. I feel like if Finn was never meant to be a jedi, he should've never held a light saber. So either that was bad writing or foreshadow.
Emo and goofy as fukk...

And there is no saving this terrible saga breh...

The Kennedy trilogy will have to be scrubbed as non canon...

Godfather 3 status...It never happened...

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Now with the Emperor returning and Rey possibly having conflicted feelings about the Dark Side (Like Luke) has peeked my interest. So Rey is rumored to be using Mual's double lightsaber huh?

tenor.gif

EC5WDCHXsAAn2M6.jpg

:dwillhuh:

Darth Rey??? I think the Emperor gonna be possessing folks man. What is going on. The trailer was good though, it showed the whole Saga and just Like I said, the OT and Prequels have "THE MOMENTS" in the the Star Wars Saga. Looks like JJ heard all of our "A New Hope Remix" shots. Looks like he's not playing in this one, lol.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Only part in 4 that I enjoyed was the dog fights at the end.

The reveal and Solo getting captured was the highlight of 5.

6 was ass. I don't care what anyone says.

I've only watched 1-3 only once. I keep telling myself that I will go back and watch them again. They're always on TNT.

So yeah... 7 and 8 are my favorite one of the series.