States Pushing to Lower Alcohol Service Ages

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
how is the thread title misleading???
“Service” can be interpreted as service to as well as from and even though your first quote is directly from the article, their headline is

“More states want to let kids work as bartenders”​

which says what this is really about, corporate greed and a wider tax base. Im not siding with conservatives and think this is a terrible idea, but I don’t think the intent is to encourage minors to drink, the intent appears to be to pay less to workers.

Not saying you were intentionally misleading either. Just odd phrasing.

:manny:

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
14 year olds shouldn’t even be working, let alone ringing up and delivering gin and tonics :mjlol:
Nothing wrong with working at 14
:ufdup:

As long as your grades n shyt is in order. BUT I agree, a 14 year old should not be that heavily exposed to alcohol and definitely shouldn’t be serving it to others

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I disagree. I have a 14 year old and her lazy ass needs a job asap
:heh:

How you call yourself a man and can’t provide your daughter a job? :dahell:

CAOrbwjW4AAb5MB.jpg

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
How you call yourself a man and can’t provide your daughter a job? :dahell:

CAOrbwjW4AAb5MB.jpg
Besides chores what is a man to do? :heh:

I’m tired of seeing her mope around all summer wearing hoodies and the same dumb ass crocs. When it was cold I had to damn near threaten her life to wear a coat. She has Jordan’s and Dunks but prefers to wear crocs everywhere? These kids are different.
:dahell:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

I’m tired of seeing her mope around all summer wearing hoodies and the same dumb ass crocs. When it was cold I had to damn near threaten her life to wear a coat. She has Jordan’s and Dunks but prefers to wear crocs everywhere? These kids are different.
Hoodies during summer? Better buy her some nice deodorant...

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The thought of a 14 y/o serving me alcohol is wild

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
So no one has ever had the checkout line shut down because the cashier couldn't touch a $3 bottle of red wine, and just luckily the bagger happened to be over 21. Everyone involved is rolling their eyes at how absurd the whole thing is.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
So no one has ever had the checkout line shut down because the cashier couldn't touch a $3 bottle of red wine, and just luckily the bagger happened to be over 21. Everyone involved is rolling their eyes at how absurd the whole thing is.

The serving age is 18 in most states lol. Literally in the article it even gives reference to age and none are 21

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on one hand I don't really care, honestly I assume the biggest fear with a young person serving alcohol is they're immature and might start drinking off from the supply or whatever, which while wouldn't be good, would mainly just be a loss for the restaurant/establishment's supply. so it would really be on them to decide if they can trust their employee to be mature enough to serve it without sneaking some?

on the other hand this just sounds like they can't afford real adults to do these jobs because they want to pay them high schooler wages, so how about you just pay enough to have adults do the fukking job?

:unimpressed:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps

I don't have children so genuine question. How come you don't want her to wear her Crocs?