Stats on interracial marriage

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
That thread on the draft got me looking up stats in the morning out of curiosity

we need a more recent study published though.

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-07.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-09.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-01.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-00.png

Also some stats:

Opposition to interracial marriage still exists, but it is quite small. Future measures will indicate whether 94% is the ceiling for approval, or if there is still room for growth in acceptance.

Americans are now nearly unanimous in their approval of marriages between Black people and White people. The shifts over time document changes in U.S. social mores as well as differing attitudes between current and past generations of Americans.

A similar gradual change can be seen in willingness to vote for a Black presidential candidate, a trend that spans just as much time as Gallup's trend on interracial marriage. While voting for a Black candidate was unpopular in the 1950s, nearly all Americans say they would be willing to do so today. Americans' ideas about marriage, too, have changed. Solid majorities now support same-sex marriage, and larger majorities than in the past view divorce as morally acceptable.

At the same time, Americans have become less likely to say that civil rights for Black Americans have improved, and they have recently become more likely to say that new civil rights laws are needed to reduce discrimination against Black people.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So basically it’s low overall for black people and white people (disingenuous since it’s like 80% white in america or something) but black men are more likely to marry out (quantity thing) than black women…

Also, all other races are wayyyyy more likely to date out (especially women) than either black/white people.. and it’s majority to white men/people

Sounds about accuratish I guess.

But honestly, I feel race is actually and always been a useless way of division… by design

Last edited:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
So basically it’s low overall for black people and white people (disingenuous since it’s like 80% white in america or something) but black men are more likely to marry out (quantity thing) than black women…

Also, all other races are wayyyyy more likely to date out (especially women) than either black/white people.. and it’s majority to white men/people

But honestly, I feel race is actually and always been a useless way of division… by design
I cant even daydream about dating outside my race. The most I can do is date Foreign Black women.

Something about giving birth and ending your bloodline, while setting a foundation to creating future white supremacists doesn't sit well with me. I.E. Pat Mahomes

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I cant even daydream about dating outside my race. The most I can do is date Foreign Black women.

Something about giving birth and ending your bloodline, while setting a foundation to creating future white supremacists doesn't sit well with me. I.E. Pat Mahomes
A lot of people feel that way

Me personally, idc. Not all skinfolk kingolk, but on top of that we are all humans.

I would be more concerned about culture views/differences than race. I click with who I choose to click with

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps

To be fair, many Hispanics who marry White Americans are White/White looking themselves.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As much as people talk about how Hispanics love dating White people, it would appear that Hispanics are more likely to date or marry all races.

Asians are probably marrying Asians or White people only.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
A lot of people feel that way

Me personally, idc. Not all skinfolk kingolk, but on top of that we are all humans.

I would be more concerned about culture views/differences than race. I click with who I choose to click with
I agree. I can make money with the Devil if he wasn't such a bytch.

It's like what some dude told me way back...I don't give a fukk if they like me...I care about whether if they can harm me and ostracize me from financial gains and security.

I don't need to be liked by any other race than black.

As for my art? I can careless if other races lole.or hate my art. I didn't make it for them or with intent for them to like it or hate it. Wasn't even thinking about them. But I will gladly take their money tho:russ:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Frankly my stance on this whole thing is that life is short and marry whoever you want.

I don't know how a person can get over racism and prejudice and then say that loving another person of another race is completely off the table.

That said, there is nuance here.

Marrying another race doesn't mean you hate your own people. But if you marry another race AND feel like your own people are flawed somehow, and you're putting that other race on a pedestal...then that IS worthy of scrutiny and criticism and probably suggest major self image issues.

And then there's also a small math component to it because you tend to be attracted to the people you're around. If you're black in an area where it's 90% white...you're probably gonna date a white person. It's hard to expect a lion to fukk a lion if it's living with tigers.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Honestly it's really only the lowest common denominator of a person who's actually concerned about interracial marriage. It's really just jokes from everyone else. You gotta get in where you fit in period. If you truly see Becky, Mei Ling or Esperanza as the mirror to your inner self because of who they are as people then that's what it is :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
Frankly my stance on this whole thing is that life is short and marry whoever you want.

I don't know how a person can get over racism and prejudice and then say that loving another person of another race is completely off the table.

That said, there is nuance here.

Marrying another race doesn't mean you hate your own people. But if you marry another race AND feel like your own people are flawed somehow, and you're putting that other race on a pedestal...then that IS worthy of scrutiny and criticism and probably suggest major self image issues.

And then there's also a small math component to it because you tend to be attracted to the people you're around. If you're black in an area where it's 90% white...you're probably gonna date a white person. It's hard to expect a lion to fukk a lion if it's living with tigers.
I disagree. You are eventually breeding white supremacists down the line. Yes the biracial child may not be a white supremacist, but you actively srtting the stage for it within your lifetime to see your grand child become a white supremacist i.e. Pat Mahomes Sr and Jr