Stephen Curry vs Magic Johnson

Better player?

• Total voters

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Who would you consider to be the better player in their respective peak (absolute best) season?

For Curry that would be 2016 and Magic 1987. This has nothing to do with longevity, just a comparison about who was better at basketball for single campaign or at their peak ability. Pretty much a debate for highest level of play this game has seen at point guard.

Daps
I'm a huge Curry fan but slow your roll with this bait post. :scust:

Incoming 30+ page argument where Gil never concedes
How's it a bait post?

Common sense thread and I replied with a common sense post. Did you even read the OP? He's talking about both of them at their "peaks" - not their careers.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we talking about single seasons and not careers then this isn't even close.... Curry easy

Isn't Curry having like the most efficient and dominant season ever or some shyt like that? Never mind the fact that his team is on pace to have the best season ever. And isn't MJ and maybe Wilt the only one who has comparable numbers?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If we talking about single seasons and not careers then this isn't even close.... Curry easy

Isn't Curry having like the most efficient and dominant season ever or some shyt like that? Never mind the fact that his team is on pace to have the best season ever. And isn't MJ and maybe Wilt the only one who has comparable numbers?
I think MJ peaked at 62.5% for his true shooting percentage. Curry was at 70% last I saw :scusthov:

Long Live The Mamba

I make sh*t shake up in broad day
Daps
Reppin
South Eberhart
Here we gooo :popcorn3:

1pv1c7.jpg

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
If he has a devestating playoffs ill say this single season peak curry is a better player... But better than him in overall rankings lol... Curry has a LONG way to go

Also, magic was incredible, i think thats understated

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

He beats both of their numbers if you give Curry the same minutes. Dude has been the best player the NBA has seen when on the court this season.