Stephen Hawking comes out: ‘I’m an atheist’ because science is ‘more convincing’ than God

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
He can say that if he likes. I won't ask for proof because he can't prove that no god exists. Doesn't mean I agree with his stance.
unless someone claimed that ALL gods are short Jewish men, which we all know do exist
and that is the point
the object under question has to first be defined
which is why any atheism proclaimed will always be a response sane people make in the face of ridiculous notions about "god".
You can't refute me if I tell you that I don't believe in gynosylcabs
you have no idea what they are

Last edited:

noon

Pro
Daps
Would he have to prove his claim was the question.... Justa reminder:

Yeah I know that. But again. They can't prove that negative. So I won't ask. I'd point out that they can't know for sure. If they say they can then they are deluded and the debate should probably end there (unless you enjoy pointing out stupid things they say).

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I dismiss them because their own stories expose them as not being the "Creator".

:mjlol: Ironic.

Either the IDOL is created, or an image or holds some other aspect that clearly exemplifies that the being that is worshiped by foreign nations in regards to Israel is NOT God. Pick one and I can show you myself.

Let's start with this: show me why there couldn't be multiple gods acting in unison as the creators. Where is the proof there is only one?

If God has always existed, and has no beginning or end, couldn't the same be true for multiple gods?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Because Bible. Duh. :troll:

It's amazing watching religious people argue to each other about which religion is right. They use the same arguments we use (but use against all religions)

If Hindus came at them with a text and religion that predates their own by some significant time, and pointed to their text as proof that their religion is right, those Christians would laugh that logic out of the room. But here they are trying that pass that shyt on us.

Cognitive dissonance is beautiful isn't it?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Yeah I know that. But again. They can't prove that negative. So I won't ask. I'd point out that they can't know for sure. If they say they can then they are deluded and the debate should probably end there (unless you enjoy pointing out stupid things they say).

For a second time,that is not the question. I just want to know if the burden of proof would be on the atheist that says "God does not exist"since they are making a claim. Im not asking you what you would say to them or how you would handle this person.

Might want to take another look at the definition of "ironic"

Let's start with this: show me why there couldn't be multiple gods acting in unison as the creators. Where is the proof there is only one?

If God has always existed, and has no beginning or end, couldn't the same be true for multiple gods?

Sure there COULD be multiple "gods" acting in unison. But I dont like dealing with "could bes".

I gave you a reason why other idols arent to be taken seriously by me. If you want to point to a specific on(s)and ask me why I dismiss it, feel free to do so. If you're just gonna ask me questions like "Why couldnt the moon be where Jupiter is and Jupiter where the mooon is?"well then I dont think we'd get very far..

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
It's amazing watching religious people argue to each other about which religion is right. They use the same arguments we use (but use against all religions)

If Hindus came at them with a text and religion that predates their own by some significant time, and pointed to their text as proof that their religion is right, those Christians would laugh that logic out of the room. But here they are trying that pass that shyt on us.

Cognitive dissonance is beautiful isn't it?

Nobody in this thread, (well at least not me)used AGE as a reason of the significance to their "religion"

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
@King-Over-Kingz

Don't dodge the question breh. You told me to bring you a concept to challenge:

This isn't even the hardest concept I was going to propose for you to debunk. I'll wait.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
@King-Over-Kingz

Don't dodge the question breh. You told me to bring you a concept to challenge:

This isn't even the hardest concept I was going to propose for you to debunk. I'll wait.

First, I absolutely did NOT tell you such a thing though I dont mind at all. Just want to be clear about things as well as ensuring that YOU keep it a hundo in our discussions. This thread is proof that during discussions some people rather run around in circles than address what the other person is saying..

Secondly, I absolutely did NOT dodge anything nor is there anything to debunk. Thats why I gave you a similar statement to what you're alluding. Jupiter "could"have been where the moon is and the moon where Jupiter is though obviously life would not exist or be like we know it today. What does that answer?Nothing. You're simply asking me to get to why I believe the God ofAbraham, Isaac, and Jacob is supreme to all other idols. And thats what I said in my first post to you. The stories of other idols expose themselves....

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You're simply asking me to get to why I believe the God ofAbraham, Isaac, and Jacob is supreme to all other idols. And thats what I said in my first post to you. The stories of other idols expose themselves....

I haven't even reached the other god or gods yet (idols as you call them).

I'm asking you to prove why there aren't multiple gods acting in unison or as a committee of some sort. Should be fairly simple as you said. We'll get to the harder parts later.

So, go ahead. I'm waiting friend.

noon

Pro
Daps
For a second time,that is not the question. I just want to know if the burden of proof would be on the atheist that says "God does not exist"since they are making a claim. Im not asking you what you would say to them or how you would handle this person.

Yes, the burden of proof is on the claimant.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
I haven't even reached the other god or gods yet (idols as you call them).

I'm asking you to prove why there aren't multiple gods acting in unison or as a committee of some sort. Should be fairly simple as you said. We'll get to the harder parts later.

So, go ahead. I'm waiting friend.

:snoop:

Another person that's avoiding what I've said. I already told you what it is. The God of Abraham is supreme over EVERYTHING else. If you want to know about that let me know.

While avoiding what I say, you also switch your question from "why couldn't there be" to "prove there isn't" in a couple of posts lol. So you avoid what I say and remix your original question and STILL put it on me to progress the discussion lol To keep it simple, if you can't be honest in discussion than that really makes it fruitless. I'll be around if you want to address what I said in the first part of this post or anything else that I have said in this thread

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
:snoop:

Another person that's avoiding what I've said. I already told you what it is. The God of Abraham is supreme over EVERYTHING else. If you want to know about that let me know.

Where is your proof?

While avoiding what I say, you also switch your question from "why couldn't there be" to "prove there isn't" in a couple of posts lol. So you avoid what I say and remix your original question and STILL put it on me to progress the discussion lol To keep it simple, if you can't be honest in discussion than that really makes it fruitless. I'll be around if you want to address what I said in the first part of this post or anything else that I have said in this thread

Why couldn't there be multiple God's or infinite Gods? Prove why that is impossible or erroneous.

You said there is only the God of Abraham. I'm giving you an example of a religious concept that directly contradicts your claim. Now prove it wrong as you said you would.