DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
This thread was inspired by that Silento "Watch Me Whip" thread that showed he only made $100k off his mega hit single, streaming services aint paying us artists shxt....#MusicalRape

For example, Spotify says that its average payout for a stream to labels and publishers is between $0.006 and $0.0084 but Information Is Beautiful suggests that the average payment to an artist from the label portion of that is $0.001128 – this being what a signed artist receives after the label's share.
Finally, the per-play figures for streaming service can be misleading, as they depend on how many (or few) users the service has. Beats may pay more per-stream than Spotify, but that's because it has relatively few users.

fea-streaming-02-2015.jpg

fea-streaming-01-2015.jpg

GUARDIAN_Musicians_2015_09_FB_(2).png

3048607-inline-i-1-what-major-music-streaming-services-pay-artists-visualized.png

Even if i somehow made it to a million views on these videos, I still aint gonna see enough coins to eat #damnshame

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Google play still pays artists more than anyone.

Even more than tidal, the most expensive service.

I'm not sure while Google play goes mainly ignored by both artist and consumers. Its a great service.

Also who is responsible for negotiating how much of a payout the artist gets per stream. With musically basically going digital at this point some of these artist need to make it a pressing issue.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
if i do the math correctly, these rappers aint cakin like they say they are?!?!

:ooh:

Nope, most of them are broke and living off of advances...... but most importantly to the so called artists (and there is a lot of them) who aren't really artists and they're using rap as their come up

The money dried up so take your hustling ass somewhere else for a quick lic

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Jay tried to warn these artist:manny:
Jay is an idiot and so are you for listening to him. The labels are on the hook for paying artists not the streaming services. Tidal is contractually prohibited from paying the artists directly. It was a get rich quick scheme that backfired. Jay Z bought his masters so he can talk that shyt but majority of signed artists don't.