Street Fighter EX: Criminally Underrated, and Most Hated

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I already knew from the moment they announced it that it was gonna be a PlayStation Exclusive.

the EX series were only on playstation too. (except EX3)

also I'm not surprised by Darun/ Skullomania. these are guys we expect to see anyway.

I wonder if well get Fighting Layer Characters,

expect to see

Jack
Volcano Rosso
Nanase
Allen Snider
Blair
Sharon
Shadowgeist
Hayate
Ace
Doctrine Dark

and even possibly the Cycloids.

if I were ARIKA id just make this game with the entire EX Plus Alpha Cast and bring in the EX2 Guys in a sequel. (please no DLC characters.)
Yeah Arika got a shyt ton of chars including the fighting layers chars. I think they should create at least two new original characters that will have some influence in the story. From Fighting Layer they should add George Jenset, Tetsuo, Joe Fendi, and Shang Fenghuang.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Yeah Arika got a shyt ton of chars including the fighting layers chars. I think they should create at least two new original characters that will have some influence in the story. From Fighting Layer they should add George Jenset, Tetsuo, Joe Fendi, and Shang Fenghuang.

the only one that I can see sliding into this game is Janis Luciani

save everyone for a sequel if the game sells well, so when then they create it they wont have to worry about DLC characters, everyone will assume those guys are brand new. its a master plan...

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
3 was trash

-no new characters
-no arcade mode
-not all characters returned from previous installments
-the "custom" character was useless

This game was a rush job to meet the PS2 launch and was absolutely eclipsed by Tekken Tag in every way. There should have been some kind of EX3 plus

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
I already knew from the moment they announced it that it was gonna be a PlayStation Exclusive.

the EX series were only on playstation too. (except EX3)

also I'm not surprised by Darun/ Skullomania. these are guys we expect to see anyway.

I wonder if well get Fighting Layer Characters,

expect to see

Jack
Volcano Rosso
Nanase
Allen Snider
Blair
Sharon
Shadowgeist
Hayate
Ace
Doctrine Dark

and even possibly the Cycloids.

if I were ARIKA id just make this game with the entire EX Plus Alpha Cast and bring in the EX2 Guys in a sequel. (please no DLC characters.)
EX3 was also a PS2 exclusive

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
the only one that I can see sliding into this game is Janis Luciani

save everyone for a sequel if the game sells well, so when then they create it they wont have to worry about DLC characters, everyone will assume those guys are brand new. its a master plan...

Yea I could see Janis. That's the only character design that really stands out from Fighting Layer

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Street Fighter EX is a 2.5D Spinoff series of Street Fighter, developed by ARIKA and published by CAPCOM (Giving Arika the licenses to use the Main Street Fighter characters). The Storyline takes place in an Alternate Timeline and is also not canon.

*ARIKA's Brilliant Characters*
Kairi (SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Hokuto (SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Allen Snider (SFEX, Fighting Layer)
Blair Dame (SFEX, Fighting Layer)
C. Jack (SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Doctrine Dark(SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Skullomania(SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Darun Mister(SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Garuda(SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Shadowgeist (EX2,EX3)
Pullum Purna (SFEX,EX2,EX3)
Ace(EX3)
Area(EX2,EX3)
Sharon(EX2,EX3)
Hayate(EX2)
Volcano Rosso (EX2,EX3)
Nanase (EX2,EX3)
Cycloid Beta(EX)
Cycloid Gamma(EX)
Zako A(EX3, unplayable)
Zako B(EX3, unplayable)
Zako C(EX3, unplayable)
*Games / Versions*
Street Fighter EX (1996, Arcade)
Street Fighter EX Plus (1996, Arcade)
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (1997, PSOne)
Street Fighter EX2 (1998, Arcade)
Street Fighter EX2 Plus( 1999, Arcade/PSOne)
Street Fighter EX3 (2000, PS2)

*Other Games (By ARIKA) *

Fighting Layer (Arcade, Japan Only, Dec 1998, Has never been on Consoles)

Just a sample size for you all.

Too bad it was never canon in The SF universe but hey it's capcom, they always make retarded decisions :pachaha:

But it's not over....EX is back...Kind of

I WILL BOYCOTT STREET FIGHTER TO THEY BRING BACK BLAIR DAME

Kairi Irving

Daps
I WILL BOYCOTT STREET FIGHTER TO THEY BRING BACK BLAIR DAME

not sure if you really read through what you just quoted but...

Blair and all the characters names I posted are EX characters, who are OWNED by ARIKA. not CAPCOM.

with ARIKA recently coming back and working on their new Fighting Game, the EX characters don't need to be in a SF game ever again. and I don't want them to be in one anymore either.

CAPCOM had their chance in SF4 to bring them back. then the launch of SF5 but nope. Arika's fighting game will be great, Capcom dropped the ball after all those chances they had, its their fault for being cheap.

Kairi Irving

Daps
3 was trash

-no new characters
-no arcade mode
-not all characters returned from previous installments
-the "custom" character was useless

This game was a rush job to meet the PS2 launch and was absolutely eclipsed by Tekken Tag in every way. There should have been some kind of EX3 plus

My thoughts EXACTLY. still had fun with it. got boring after a while though. no Akuma because of the BS "Kairi killed Akuma" narrative. no Blair & Allen Snider for no reason at all lol

yeah it was rushed. they could've just waited a few more years to make EX3. I think they had a 3 game deal-contract with Capcom or something.

EX3 was also a PS2 exclusive

thought I saw an XBOX version of EX3....

Yea I could see Janis. That's the only character design that really stands out from Fighting Layer

yep. when you think about it.

Fighting Layer EX will have all the original EX characters

Fighting Layer EX 2 (hypothetical possibility) will have EX and EX2 characters, and some Fighting Layer original characters

Fighting Layer EX 3 (hypothetical) can have everyone...

no DLCs.

only DLCs should e a Story mode expansions, and costumes....adding characters to game with update after update is annoying... just make it a 15 character game and be done with it.

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
not sure if you really read through what you just quoted but...

Blair and all the characters names I posted are EX characters, who are OWNED by ARIKA. not CAPCOM.

with ARIKA recently coming back and working on their new Fighting Game, the EX characters don't need to be in a SF game ever again. and I don't want them to be in one anymore either.

CAPCOM had their chance in SF4 to bring them back. then the launch of SF5 but nope. Arika's fighting game will be great, Capcom dropped the ball after all those chances they had, its their fault for being cheap.
I thought Capcom didn't have the rights for IV or V

Kairi Irving

Daps
I thought Capcom didn't have the rights for IV or V

I'm saying they had the chance to BUY the rights to use them in 4 or 5....they just said fukk it and didn't do it. its their fault. which is why when ARIKA is successful, CAPCOM better not come around trying to partner up again. SF is boring now.

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
I'm saying they had the chance to BUY the rights to use them in 4 or 5....they just said fukk it and didn't do it. its their fault. which is why when ARIKA is successful, CAPCOM better not come around trying to partner up again. SF is boring now.
Agreed I tried SFV with Ryu, Chun Li, Nash (why Nash and not Charlie after all these years?), and that shirtless weirdo with the long hair and didn't like it.

I still wish this current Arika EX game would become Street Fighter EX 4. It would be great

Kairi Irving

Daps
Agreed I tried SFV with Ryu, Chun Li, Nash (why Nash and not Charlie after all these years?), and that shirtless weirdo with the long hair and didn't like it.

I still wish this current Arika EX game would become Street Fighter EX 4. It would be great

well yeah, from 2005-2016 pretty since there wasn't a EX game, and before Arikas game was announced I wanted EX4 but seeing that Arika can make a great game on their own.....I think they don't need any help lol.

llt23

All Star
Daps
This is my most anticipated fighter. I like the EX games, but what it really is is that this is a game that fills a niche thats just missing from todays fighters. A regular ass one on one fighter with a ground game/footsies.

And the fukkery of the power ups sounds like a lot of fun. I hope they fine tune those to really allow different player playstyles to match with the right sets of powerups.