Streetwear and Urban Fashion in the y2k/2000s.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I remember when I was working for this one company on 6th ave in Manhattan, we're all in a group meeting before the day starts. And this white dude starts speaking to us. We all got our best suits and ties and dress shoes on...and this guy mentions that his family owned Roc-A-Wear.

:dwillhuh::dahell::mindblown:

It's just crazy how Black people make these brands hot, then abandon them for some high end euro fashion...not gonna lie, black folks had a stronghold on the urban fashion game arguably in the late 90s to early 2000s.

Then we started getting alot of these "inspired by" hip-hop and graffiti styled brands...rappers wore them...made them hot...but this time around it was not us behind the scenes at these companies. More and more it was outsiders that found an avenue to make a buck. Again, we wore the clothes though and made it hot cause there was the established formula. The product placement era. Streetwear shops would be messaging rappers and sending them samples to wear live on stage in concert or in a video. People saw that and it created a desire for the brand.

Does roc-a-ware generate any profit

Superstar
Daps
Polo Association shirt, Rocawear jeans, Sean John puffer and a no name, no team navy blue fitted two sizes too big

:birdman:
“Oh you getting dressed for school, lil man?…….Nah, pleighboi. I think you need to go to the oooother closet”

:pacspit:

“Oh you got an attitude?!… gon head and grab that lil Vokal fit… yeah the jeans AND the football jersey!… matter of fact gon and get the box of them lil finger band-aids out your momma’s medicine cabinet…YEAH the paper towel bandana tew nikka, stop playing with me!”