Sugar Ray Robinson in his prime or Floyd Mayweather Jr

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Both are dope but personally I think Floyd! Because he genuinely makes good fighters look bad and confused.

You do realize that Floyd isn't the ONLY fighter that does this, and in fact a lot of elite fighters (and athletes in all sports) do that to their competition. That's what makes them elite.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jersey Joe Walcott was using that shoulder roll. philly shell is just a name that used in fight night, its not by any means an official name

george benton used it too..:salute:to you breh....i bet you anything @Master Teacher knows nothing about those 2 names

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Sugar Ray is the bench mark of greatness, he freely fought above his weight to test himself and often beat fighters at their own game ie La Motta. On top of this he fought one of the top 10 pure boxers in Joey Maxom well above his weight. Robinson was boxer puncher who also was purely a fighter.

Floyd is great, but defined by the times he lives in with superficial importance in things of little matter. Robinson would never have let Vernon Forrest , Prime Mosley and Canelo linger since he would want to prove he is the best and prove a point.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Mayweather Beating Sugar Ray in his prime :laff:

Now I've Heard it all

people that actually believe this sh1t go off yourself now

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because most of you in this thread are fukking idiots ill do my best.

Ray Robinson had incredible handspeed, at welterweight he had incredible power, knockout power with both hands, good head movement and even better footwork. He is the greatest boxer puncher of all time, which is what it takes to beat a guy like floyd. Not to mention he had a Jab, a Jab is critical to beating floyd mayweather.

A guy like Vernon Forrest could have likely beat mayweather jr because of the height, the power and the range jab, let alone ray robinson who fukking had it all. Robinson was also intelligent, during his prime his lone loss was to jake lamotta, an all time great hall of famer himself.

Mayweather likely would be beaten all time by roberto duran, the greatest lightweight of all time (if they met at 135) let alone ray robinson.

vernon forrest having a chance against floyd mayweather is absoutely retarded:russ:
please only compare him to all time greats
ppl are really gassed cause oscar had a decent jab in their fight

mayweather was fighting at 154 for the first time and as we've seen, that's not his best weight. ppl love to ignore that oscar stopped throwing the jab in the second half of the fight because he couldn't take the counters anymore.

floyd is probably the best adjustment fighter ever. only the cream of the crop have a chance of beating him in his prime.

floyd would beat duran
and lenoard

not sure bout robinson

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Sugar Ray is the bench mark of greatness, he freely fought above his weight to test himself and often beat fighters at their own game ie La Motta. On top of this he fought one of the top 10 pure boxers in Joey Maxom well above his weight. Robinson was boxer puncher who also was purely a fighter.

Floyd is great, but defined by the times he lives in with superficial importance in things of little matter. Robinson would never have let Vernon Forrest , Prime Mosley and Canelo linger since he would want to prove he is the best and prove a point.

To be fair, vernon forrest left his prime after 2002. by 2003 he could barely lift his gym bag, mayweather was at 135 at this point.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

when mayweather was on the come up, he literally wanted to fight everyone to make a name for himself. No one wanted any parts of him.
it wasn't till after oscar, that he started making fights from a business perspective (what makes him the most money) i mean ppl forget he is a promoter.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
vernon forrest having a chance against floyd mayweather is absoutely retarded:russ:
please only compare him to all time greats
ppl are really gassed cause oscar had a decent jab in their fight

mayweather was fighting at 154 for the first time and as we've seen, that's not his best weight. ppl love to ignore that oscar stopped throwing the jab in the second half of the fight because he couldn't take the counters anymore.

floyd is probably the best adjustment fighter ever. only the cream of the crop have a chance of beating him in his prime.

floyd would beat duran
and lenoard

not sure bout robinson

Roger Mayweather has said the exact same thing, im sure hes joking as well?
The Jab is critical, the jab is how judah set mayweather up for his only knockdown. You need it to see some success, i didint say it was the only thing but its a nessecary weapon.

If you think vernon forrest, who is bigger than mayweather, has power and intelligence is a "joke" then again, tell that to roger mayweather.

Floyd against 135 robert duran, who went fukking 72-1 during his run and hit harder than anyone mayweather ever faced, he also had head movement and great footwork.

Forrest pounded the p4p king shane mosley into submission twice. think about that.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

and to be fair, lukie you my nikka but ray robinson was notorious for jacking up his fight purse at the last minute and saying if he didint get it, he would refuse to fight, he fought for legacy to some extent, but he was greedier than mayweather, he had to be, nikkas stayed jerking boxers.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roger Mayweather has said the exact same thing, im sure hes joking as well?
The Jab is critical, the jab is how judah set mayweather up for his only knockdown. You need it to see some success, i didint say it was the only thing but its a nessecary weapon.

If you think vernon forrest, who is bigger than mayweather, has power and intelligence is a "joke" then again, tell that to roger mayweather.

Floyd against 135 robert duran, who went fukking 72-1 during his run and hit harder than anyone mayweather ever faced, he also had head movement and great footwork.

Forrest pounded the p4p king shane mosley into submission twice. think about that.
i didn't say forrest was a joke
he's a good fighter
but he has no chance against mayweather
he always had mosley's number so that makes ppl think he was better den he actually was
i mean he lost to mayorga:snoop:
no world class fighter is losing to that guy

mayweather would figure him out

mayweather vs duran would be a hell of a fight
but i just don't think any brawler type boxer can beat mayweather in a fight. you cant hit what you cant see. to beat mayweather's you gotta be a pure boxer with intelligence and patience

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
i didn't say forrest was a joke
he's a good fighter
but he has no chance against mayweather
he always had mosley's number so that makes ppl think he was better den he actually was
i mean he lost to mayorga:snoop:
no world class fighter is losing to that guy

mayweather would figure him out

mayweather vs duran would be a hell of a fight
but i just don't think any brawler type boxer can beat mayweather in a fight. you cant hit what you cant see. to beat mayweather's you gotta be a pure boxer with intelligence and patience

people bring up mayorga but by that time forrest was already badly injured, it was obvious his shoulder troubled him and he layed off for years after that.

i doubt forrest would have issues with someone like zab judah but mayweather did get knocked down by him. again, its just myopinion. but its one shared by many others, im not pulling shyt out of my ass, ive been around this sport my entire life, i feel it warrants taking a look into what im saying.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia

Exactly!!! Floyd is great but let's not act like he fought everybody that was their to fight. He and Cotto should have fought years ago instead of after Cotto had took a few beatings. He also should have fought Margarito when Arum had everyone thinking he was a monster. (Which he was with those enhanced gloves.) He didn't fight Kostya Tsyzu or Paul Williams either. And weren't him and Acelino Freitas and Joel Casamayor in the same weight classes or at least close enough where a fight could have been made. If he had fought at least three of those fighters it would have enhanced his legacy even more. But no way has Floyd always took the best fights from a competitive standpoint.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people bring up mayorga but by that time forrest was already badly injured, it was obvious his shoulder troubled him and he layed off for years after that.

i doubt forrest would have issues with someone like zab judah but mayweather did get knocked down by him. again, its just myopinion. but its one shared by many others, im not pulling shyt out of my ass, ive been around this sport my entire life, i feel it warrants taking a look into what im saying.

mayweather beat the shyt out of zab judah and would of knocked him out if it wasnt for the interruption.

mayweather didnt have issues with zab. it was compeitive for 4 rounds, mayweather figured him out and it was a blowout. GTFOH with that lil glove touch knockdown:childplease:, that was more of a technicality than anything.nikka wasn't even remotely hurt.

prime zab vs prime forrest would be a good lil fight could go either way. i don't see forrest just blowing threw him. mayweather would put kill maygora

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
mayweather beat the shyt out of zab judah and would of knocked him out if it wasnt for the interruption.

mayweather didnt have issues with zab. it was compeitive for 4 rounds, mayweather figured him out and it was a blowout. GTFOH with that lil glove touch knockdown:childplease:, that was more of a technicality than anything.nikka wasn't even remotely hurt.

prime zab vs prime forrest would be a good lil fight could go either way. i don't see forrest just blowing threw him. mayweather would put kill maygora

i wish youd look more into what im saying this is the last time ill say it

mayweather beat de la hoya and zab, but BOTH OF THEM had success with the jab, its one of the factors that lead to them having moderate success and a knockdown.

that glove touching the canvas IS a big deal, its the only fukking time its happened.