Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
How does everyone feel about every Marvel hero (sans a handful), basically being stand up comics in every scene in the film? A very obviously example of this is RDJ in all the Ironman films. It seems like after that, Marvel producers wanted every lead to make topical jokes every other line. For me it's okay when Spiderman does it (he's the GOAT at it), but RDJ killed Ironman for me...

And yes while there are some exceptions (Logan, Black Panther, etc). It seems like everyone is doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation. It was already horrible that Michael Bay lives by the formula, but now its in every Marvel film, and it feels like the easy go-to for comedy. I give Thor Ragnarok credit for making that Hulk scene hilarious, but damn near every scene before and after, had a character spew out nonsense for 10 seconds too long trying to be funny.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
How does everyone feel about every Marvel hero (sans a handful), basically being stand up comics in every scene in the film? A very obviously example of this is RDJ in all the Ironman films. It seems like after that, Marvel producers wanted every lead to make topical jokes every other line. For me it's okay when Spiderman does it (he's the GOAT at it), but RDJ killed Ironman for me...

And yes while there are some exceptions (Logan, Black Panther, etc). It seems like everyone is doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation. It was already horrible that Michael Bay lives by the formula, but now its in every Marvel film, and it feels like the easy go-to for comedy. I give Thor Ragnarok credit for making that Hulk scene hilarious, but damn near every scene before and after, had a character spew out nonsense for 10 seconds too long trying to be funny.

A prime example of where humour isn’t required, don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the movie it was entertaining but Thor isn’t meant to be humorous he is mean to be epic fantasy. The only reason they went with full on humour apparently was because Hemsworth said he was getting bored of playing him and wanted a switch up. Kenneth Branagh was on the right track if not with a few minor faults, Ragnarock should have been as epic on film as it was in the comics with Thor final getting the Odin force and becoming king. How epic would it have been seeing Rune king Thor vs Thanos in infinity war.:wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thor is funny is his own way. At the end of the day they all need a little humor. It’s a comic book movie
Says the dude with batman in his Avi, you've seen the Dark Knight? You never read batman year one?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It was cool in 2008, even 2012 but at this point the formula is getting tiresome. That’s why I don’t get why people are so happy about mutants in the MCU.

Do we really want to see Wolverine making quips for 2 hours?

It’s entertining hence they will keep doing it if it works, in truth it wasn’t as bad as it is now until guardians came into play then it went into overdrive. The Russo’s seem to have a handle on that shyt and focus more on plot than anything else so infinity war won’t suffer from that shyt.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Says the dude with batman in his Avi, you've seen the Dark Knight? You never read batman year one?
Marvel was built on having relatable characters. People feel like they would kick it with Peter Parker, deadpool, Stark, night crawler ect, the action is second to the personal development. Thor is a god but u always feel like u can have a drinking contest with him. DC is not that. It’s about the heroes journey , no one wants to see superman or greenlatern cracking jokes every two seconds. They have giant power so there stakes are higher. They play the straight man in their storylines, and the villains crack the jokes because they are the underdogs.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It’s entertining hence they will keep doing it if it works, in truth it wasn’t as bad as it is now until guardians came into play then it went into overdrive. The Russo’s seem to have a handle on that shyt and focus more on plot than anything else so infinity war won’t suffer from that shyt.

In Winter Soldier they turned down the comedy but Civil War had way too much comedy for the stakes involved. I still liked it but that was one of my criticisms of it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It was cool in 2008, even 2012 but at this point the formula is getting tiresome. That’s why I don’t get why people are so happy about mutants in the MCU.

Do we really want to see Wolverine making quips for 2 hours?

Exactly. In 2018, its tiring now. Even the last Thor film was just too heavy on the comedy.

But this is what the people wanted: no variation of tone, every hero jokes on their mistakes, and the villain is so disposable that they don't even get mentioned in the sequel or to other heroes. That is the era we live in :francis:

Soon, people will feel content with paying $40 tickets for a movie.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
All it'll take is someone who knows what they're doing, to come through and smash the game :mjgrin:

the lane is wide open for a fanbase interception :mjgrin:

I wonder who might have what it takes though? :mjgrin:

Who on this planet is cookin something up wild enough to fukk up the whole movie game? :mjgrin:

The suspense is killing me... :mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly. In 2018, its tiring now. Even the last Thor film was just too heavy on the comedy.

But this is what the people wanted: no variation of tone, every hero jokes on their mistakes, and the villain is so disposable that they don't even get mentioned in the sequel or to other heroes. That is the era we live in :francis:

Soon, people will feel content with paying $40 tickets for a movie.
lol people love comedy in their comic book movies (even tho the latest comic book movie which is a phenomenon barely has any comedy) and then they also won't mind higher ticket prices. Where's the correlation?! :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
All it'll take is someone who knows what they're doing, to come through and smash the game :mjgrin:

the lane is wide open for a fanbase interception :mjgrin:

I wonder who might have what it takes though? :mjgrin:

Who on this planet is cookin something up wild enough to fukk up the whole movie game? :mjgrin:

The suspense is killing me... :mjgrin:
Maybe it happened already. And the entire movie game is 'fukked up' in their favor. :pachaha:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
lol people love comedy in their comic book movies (even tho the latest comic book movie which is a phenomenon barely has any comedy) and then they also won't mind higher ticket prices. Where's the correlation?! :mjlol:

Black Panther is an exception. But people approve studios buying studios and killing their independent distribution of a 2 hour comedy featuring their favorite comic book character in 3D. :manny: