Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Idk about it being a "comedy" per say. Its a Superhero film, and with that, comedy is a given, or some type of humor. But labeling it a comedy is a bit misleading especially since it was never presented or labeled that. Again, I'm not complaining that said movies have jokes, my complaint is that they let the leads and even the supporting cast, go on for longer than wanted. Its like a Michael Bay film, some scenes drag on too long with trying to be funny.
but it WAS!
:francis:

fukk this is like Deja Vu!
:sadbagmj:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Black Panther is an exception. But people approve studios buying studios and killing their independent distribution of a 2 hour comedy featuring their favorite comic book character in 3D. :manny:
I don't think Disney asked any Fan's approval to buy Fox's catalogue and rights to their superhero properties but it's obvious you're upset. Still don't know where this $40 movie ticket thing came from but I guess you can just tell Doomsday tales if you want. :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Its labeled as a superhero film, the sub-genre's contain comedy of course, but that doesn't make it a comedy, no less than Civil War being a science fiction film because there's an android who can talk in it.
ZfMQBl1.png

:lolthor:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Its labeled as a superhero film, the sub-genre's contain comedy of course, but that doesn't make it a comedy, no less than Civil War being a science fiction film because there's an android who can talk in it.
I've never been on imdb and went to the genre section and it said "superhero". So please stop saying this. Whats even funnier is that civil war is actually classified as an action adventure sci fi film :heh:......Like i've said in the Thor thread before i unwatched it. Ragnarok was pitched as a comedy, the trailer showed it was a comedy, and the choice of director let u know it was a comedy. They had thor doing the office type single camera comedy shorts for fukk sake and niccas thought it was gonna be a serious epic :laff:....that shyt is on yall. I knew EXACTLY wat i was getting into

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tony stark is the emotional center of their universe for the time being. So until that time comes when he’s not most of the heroes will follow his lead character wise. Yeah it’s lazy as fukk but it is what it is and for the most part it works. And most of the characters who should be funny are while the ones who aren’t aren’t. Cap isn’t cracking one liners, neither is black panther. Tony does. Star lord does. Spider-Man does. The one time where it really felt like they were just copying him was dr strange.

And I’d say ragnarok works the best of all the Thor movies because it took its head out of its ass and stopped trying to be Shakespeare. It didn’t have the scripts for that type of shyt so it needed to be less stuffy.

That said, not every comic book movie needs to be funny and I wish nikkas would get off that way of thinking. Not every comic book is funny therefore not every comic book movie needs to be funny. Saga isn’t a laugh riot. Neither is Batman year one. Or sin city.

Comics have grown way way way beyond being just for kids at this point so don’t play that mental jujitsu to make yourself think that the movies are just for kids. shyt all those comics in the late 80s and 90s with bullets being sprayed every 5 pages, half naked chicks, and blood everywhere weren’t for “kids”

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Tony stark is the emotional center of their universe for the time being. So until that time comes when he’s not most of the heroes will follow his lead character wise. Yeah it’s lazy as fukk but it is what it is and for the most part it works. And most of the characters who should be funny are while the ones who aren’t aren’t. Cap isn’t cracking one liners, neither is black panther. Tony does. Star lord does. Spider-Man does. The one time where it really felt like they were just copying him was dr strange.

And I’d say ragnarok works the best of all the Thor movies because it took its head out of its ass and stopped trying to be Shakespeare. It didn’t have the scripts for that type of shyt so it needed to be less stuffy.

That said, not every comic book movie needs to be funny and I wish nikkas would get off that way of thinking. Not every comic book is funny therefore not every comic book movie needs to be funny. Saga isn’t a laugh riot. Neither is Batman year one. Or sin city.

Comics have grown way way way beyond being just for kids at this point so don’t play that mental jujitsu to make yourself think that the movies are just for kids. shyt all those comics in the late 80s and 90s with bullets being sprayed every 5 pages, half naked chicks, and blood everywhere weren’t for “kids”
While true, Marvel specifically has rarely gone the serious/salacious route. They mostly keep it fun.
Plus, having serious/realistic superhero movies is a much heavier lift. It's grown folks wearing masks and capes fighting crime while breaking the law themselves. If you add any actual seriousness to it these people are psychopaths with chemically imbalanced brains. The cool factor is way harder to maintain. :yeshrug:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Thor 1 breh.
There was nothing Shakespearean about the first Thor. nikkas just had accents and tried to be somewhat serious:mjlol:

Like @MartyMcFly said, they realized they didn't have the talent to do that and finally just decided to go way left and thus you have Ragnarok. The humor with Thor is supposed to come from him being a character seemingly plucked from an epic poem (like you said before) and interacting with heroes and people from modern times. I liked Ragnarok, but Thor has essentially been turned into a dude bro now. The destruction of Asgard may as well have been a symbolic destruction of any attempts at staying true to the character. I was never his biggest fan anyway, so I'm cool with him being comic relief:yeshrug:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There was nothing Shakespearean about the first Thor. nikkas just had accents and tried to be somewhat serious:mjlol:

Like @MartyMcFly said, they realized they didn't have the talent to do that and finally just decided to go way left and thus you have Ragnarok. The humor with Thor is supposed to come from him being a character seemingly plucked from an epic poem (like you said before) and interacting with heroes and people from modern times. I liked Ragnarok, but Thor has essentially been turned into a dude bro now. The destruction of Asgard may as well have been a symbolic destruction of any attempts at staying true to the character. I was never his biggest fan anyway, so I'm cool with him being comic relief:yeshrug:

Ehhhh the director Kenneth Branagh was the one that cited Shakespeare as a source of reference for the first movie.