Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United [NYT]

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
BAGHDAD — The United States has conducted an escalating campaign of deadly airstrikes against the extremists of the Islamic State for more than a month. But that appears to have done little to tamp down the conspiracy theories still circulating from the streets of Baghdad to the highest levels of Iraqi government that the C.I.A. is secretly behind the same extremists that it is now attacking.

“We know about who made Daesh,” said Bahaa al-Araji, a deputy prime minister, using an Arabic shorthand for the Islamic State on Saturday at a demonstration called by the Shiite cleric Moktada al-Sadr to warn against the possible deployment of American ground troops. Mr. Sadr publicly blamed the C.I.A. for creating the Islamic State in a speech last week, and interviews suggested that most of the few thousand people at the demonstration, including dozens of members of Parliament, subscribed to the same theory. (Mr. Sadr is considered close to Iran, and the theory is popular there as well.)

When an American journalist asked Mr. Araji to clarify if he blamed the C.I.A. for the Islamic State, he retreated: “I don’t know. I am one of the poor people,” he said, speaking fluent English and quickly stepping back toward the open door of a chauffeur-driven SUV. “But we fear very much. Thank you!”

The prevalence of the theory in the streets underscored the deep suspicions of the American military’s return to Iraqmore than a decade after its invasion, in 2003. The casual endorsement by a senior official, though, was also a pointed reminder that the new Iraqi government may be an awkward partner for the American-led campaign to drive out the extremists.

the entire article can be found at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/w...hat-cia-and-the-islamic-state-are-united.html

Daps
Reppin
NYC
What will conspiracy theorists do when mainstream media gives their stories some shine? On one hand, you cant trust anything from the press. on the other hand...

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Artificial state formation does not need a boogeyman.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Isn't this a bit...what's the word...not racist...maybe elitist?

Islamic organization becomes a fairly powerful and influential force....america must be behind it :smugbiden:

Right?

Truth200

Banned
Daps
What will conspiracy theorists do when mainstream media gives their stories some shine?

You mean like this tinfoil hat wearing broke loser who lives in his moms basement?

Pete-Carroll_zpsc45f0baa.jpg

Pete Carroll the coach and executive vice president of the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks is a 9/11 Truther.

steve_zps940a944c.jpg

Since 9/11, the Super Bowl - America’s biggest annual event - has been drenched in war propaganda. The championship of American football, watched by more than 110 million Americans, the Super Bowl has become an orgy of flag-waving exhortations to “support the troops” who are allegedly defending what remains of the Americans’ freedom.

This year’s Super Bowl was different.

The Seattle Seahawks, coached by 9/11 truth-seeker Pete Carroll, crushed the Denver Broncos 43-8 and became the world champions of American football. It was a huge victory for Seattle and coach Carroll - and at least a small victory for the forces of peace and truth.

Last spring, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll became a legend in the 9/11 truth community by grilling the ex-US Army Chief of Staff four-star General Peter Chiarelli, about the 9/11 inside job. (I discussed this incident in my recent Press TV article “A 9/11 Truth Super Bowl?”)

On Sunday, 9/11 truth supporters gathered in living rooms and public houses all over America to cheer for coach Carroll’s Seattle Seahawks. Carroll’s underdogs delivered one of the most stunning and overpowering victories in the history of American football, crushing the favored Denver Broncos in every phase of the game.

The media had lined up against the Seahawks. Besides casting the rival Denver Broncos as favorites, America’s lamestream newspapers and TV and radio channels spent much of the two weeks before the game bashing the Seahawks as loudmouths and troublemakers. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, the best pass defender in football, was raked over the coals of the mainstream media for bragging and celebrating too enthusiastically. (White media mouthpieces who called Sherman a “thug” were widely suspected of racism.)

Maybe it was just a coincidence, but immediately after the story about Pete Carroll being a 9/11 truther began to go viral in the blogosphere, the media suddenly started bashing Seattle. Oddly, the orchestrated media attack on Seattle as a bunch of unruly loud-mouths seemed to be obliquely targeting 9/11 truth supporter Pete Carroll. Yet the mainstream media was afraid to directly refer to Carroll’s support for 9/11 truth, for fear of helping promote a long-overdue national conversation on the subject.

The “official blogosphere,” however, had no such reservations. These are the corporate-sponsored pseudo-blogs that pretend to represent ordinary people, but actually operate as part of the official mind-control apparatus. These second-tier megaphones of the mainstream media’s Mighty Wurlitzer spent the two weeks before the Super Bowl attacking and mocking Pete Carroll for supporting 9/11 truth.

But the attacks backfired. Pete Carroll became a hero of the 9/11 truth movement, which according to polls includes more than 100 million Americans. And now Carroll’s Super Bowl triumph has made him a target for widespread admiration, not mockery.

Since Pete Carroll has become one of the most successful coaches in history thanks to his tremendous Super Bowl victory, will the mainstream media finally report on his questions about 9/11? I doubt it.

Those who want to spread 9/11 truth, the most important American political message since Paul Revere’s ride, will have to find creative ways of conveying this potentially world-changing censored information.

One such creative 9/11 truth supporter was already at work just minutes after the game ended. Breaking the mainstream media blackout, this young man managed to commandeer the microphone during a post-Super Bowl interview in Seattle’s locker room to inform tens of millions of viewers: “Investigate 9/11! 9/11 was perpetrated by people within our own government.”

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/02/03/349027/911-truth-coach-wins-super-bowl/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/01/23/911superbowl/

Last edited: