Swift hook knock ya eyebrows off..Right Cross only takes one time: Garcia vs Thurman 147 unification

What happens??

• Total voters

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Once you step up in competition not only are the fighters better but they're chins are better. Thurman one shot knocked Bundu down & didn't press him hard at all after that. Collazo hadn't been stopped since way early in his career. He made Collazo quit & not want it anymore. Ghost has never been stopped. Porter's only KD was against AB & it was from a shot he wasn't prepared to take. The only person to even hurt Porter was Thurman & he let you know Thurman's power is the real deal just like Ghost.

Has Danny ever been hurt prior to this fight? :jbhmm:

I never seen him buzzed like he was in the 1st two rds.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Has Danny ever been hurt prior to this fight? :jbhmm:

I never seen him buzzed like he was in the 1st two rds.
He was buzzed against Zab in the later rounds, but he recovered quickly.

Last night at the end of 1st was the most recent times he's been buzzed since then

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
"Boxing dads" like Angel gotta be dragged off kicking & screaming...you in the gym krack...you ever see guys like this with their kids? You can't tell them shyt.

Angel ain't going nowhere unless Danny decides to make the decision...and if he does decide to make a switchup it's probably gonna fukk up their relationship.
Angel isn't going anywhere. Danny and him have a great relationship.

I remember Danny talked about how Angel had cancer in the past. When he had it, Danny said he didn't even want to box anymore

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lucas never been knocked down before he fought garcia either
And I don't care why Porter dropped, he still got dropped
My point is, thurman has been promoted as a knockout artist and he isnt. he has very solid power but as of Late, fighters have been taking his power punches very well.

I wanna see if people fighters will be able to take Spencer punches in the same fashion

If you really wanna keep it 100 that KD on Matty was cheap. He was caught between the ropes & went down because he was vulnerable & didn't wanna take a shot. Molina legit put him down. Porter got dropped & got back up & went to work back on AB. You're not being objective because there's levels to KD's whether you wanna admit that or not. Fighters have been taken his power because he's stepped up the level of comp. You can't say the same about Spence because he's choosing showcase fights where looks like a killer

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Zab buzzed him but Thurman made him keep his hands in his pockets for most of fight.

Thurman did that old Roy Jones routine, where he would hurt you early and make you 2nd guess yourself coming forward for the rest of the fight. Its honestly one of the best ways to approach a fight, because it gives you the chance to dictate everything. If you ever have to question yourself in the ring, you're half way defeated right there.

The only difference was Roy was more subtle with it. Thurman was anxious as hell like Swift owed him money or some shyt.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Lucas never been knocked down before he fought garcia either
And I don't care why Porter dropped, he still got dropped
My point is, thurman has been promoted as a knockout artist and he isnt. he has very solid power but as of Late, fighters have been taking his power punches very well.

I wanna see if people fighters will be able to take Spencer punches in the same fashion

QFT. I said this shyt earlier too. Thurman power ain't all that against high competition....period. Now yes he can hit hard but he ain't slumping folks.

If Thurman couldn't stop Guerrero, Bundhu and only got a win on cuts vs. Collazo I think Vargas would be fine. It's like when nikkas keep saying Manny gonna KO someone...and he couldn't get Algeria, Vargas or Rios outta there...always talking about who nikkas KO'd 4-5 years ago or in Manny case 7.

Quintana is Thurman last legit KO in fukking 2012 and the nikka was WASHED. Nikkas live in the moment of now instead of looking at reality. And the reality is Thurman ain't no KO artist. Not above C-level. And I like Thurman. And that's a fact. Saying he will KO Vargas is not based in reality.

And I'm not even a Vargas fan like that. Thurman is #1 right now yes but he ain't head and fukking shoulders above everyone else. That lunging looping shyt at some point will get him clipped. He's athletic enough to get out of the way but someone with fundamentals will time him badly.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thurman did that old Roy Jones routine, where he would hurt you early and make you 2nd guess yourself coming forward for the rest of the fight. Its honestly one of the best ways to approach a fight, because it gives you the chance to dictate everything. If you ever have to question yourself in the ring, you're half way defeated right there.

The only difference was Roy was more subtle with it. Thurman was anxious as hell like Swift owed him money or some shyt.

Yeah he definitely took that approach. It's like he wanted to roll out the welcoming mat to the WW division by hitting him with some solid shots. And it worked.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It's like when MJ retired now that Floyd gone all the B-Side guys are fighting for that top spot....and Floyd was so good anything less than pure domination is a letdown...not in a bad way but there's very little separating Thurman, Garcia, Spence Jr, Broner, Porter, Brook or Berto or even Bradley and Vargas. Anyone of those guys with the right gameplan could beat the other whereas Floyd right now at 40 SCHOOLS each one....amazing.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Btw, Garcia had this to say about Thurman's power...

"He's strong, but it was nothing that hurt me. I'd say he's more fast than strong."

Take it for what it's worth :yeshrug:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you really wanna keep it 100 that KD on Matty was cheap. He was caught between the ropes & went down because he was vulnerable & didn't wanna take a shot. Molina legit put him down. Porter got dropped & got back up & went to work back on AB. You're not being objective because there's levels to KD's whether you wanna admit that or not. Fighters have been taken his power because he's stepped up the level of comp. You can't say the same about Spence because he's choosing showcase fights where looks like a killer
the knock down wasn't cheap at all
you're just reaching at this point

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
Bradley beats Thurman
Cotto beats Thurman
Pacquio beats Thurman
Spence beats Thurman
The brit does too

I don't think Thurman is all that good

The competition just isn't there

Porter is sloppy and Garcia has been rewarded with some bs decisions, lacks power at 147 as well

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thurmans power might be overrated
Porter and swift were both walking through his shots
Even Guerrero came back stronger after thurman knocked him down
Broner knocked down Porter with like the first clean shot he landed lol
Still, he has back to back victories over top rated opponents
Gotta give credit where it's due
Seems like Thurmans punches don't have everything they could possibly have on them. At times/every so often He's either not sitting on them or looping those boys/not fully turning them over.