T.I. on his favorite producers

Kal-El

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Common knowledge that he shytted on Toomp.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i always wondered what the issue was between him and Toomp

There isn't an issue. T.I. has praised this same set of producers from day one minus maybe Kanye and Swizz. He name dropped Dre, The Neptunes, and Organized Noize on his first single. No mention of Toomp. There's an issue of Scratch magazine where he said Dre, Timbaland, and Andre 3000 were his favorite producers.

The only real beef T.I. ever had with Toomp was when T.I. decided to have Pharrell executive produce Paper Work and Toomp telling him that it would be a mistake. So Toomp stepped back and let T.I. see for himself.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There isn't an issue. T.I. has praised this same set of producers from day one minus maybe Kanye and Swizz. He name dropped Dre, The Neptunes, and Organized Noize on his first single. No mention of Toomp. There's an issue of Scratch magazine where he said Dre, Timbaland, and Andre 3000 were his favorite producers.

The only real beef T.I. ever had with Toomp was when T.I. decided to have Pharrell executive produce Paper Work and Toomp telling him that it would be a mistake. So Toomp stepped back and let T.I. see for himself.
word.

i didn't mean because of this specific video. it just seemed like there was some tension for some reason. especially after they had some hits together and then all of a sudden stopped working together. not that they have to work together all the time but i think i also remembered interviews from Toomp where i think he mentioned they would bump heads in the studio or something. I didn't know about the Neptunes thing though.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word.

i didn't mean because of this specific video. it just seemed like there was some tension for some reason. especially after they had some hits together and then all of a sudden stopped working together. not that they have to work together all the time but i think i also remembered interviews from Toomp where i think he mentioned they would bump heads in the studio or something. I didn't know about the Neptunes thing though.

T.I. has said himself that he's hard headed and stubborn. I mean, he and Toomp have had a couple of occasions where they stopped working together. One instance, and it's a wonder they still maintained a working relationship after, is Atlantic Records offered Toomp a grip of money to produce other artists on the label. According to Toomp, T.I. told the label that Toomp ain't deserve that kind of money. I think this was after "What You Know" blew up. Needless to say, Toomp was nowhere to be found on T.I.'s next album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., but Toomp did end up producing hits for Kanye and Jeezy, landing a track on Jay's American Gangster, working with Mariah Carey, and work with Nas and The Game in the pipeline. I don't know what happened to rectify what T.I. did, but Toomp ended up working on every T.I. album after.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T.I. has said himself that he's hard headed and stubborn. I mean, he and Toomp have had a couple of occasions where they stopped working together. One instance, and it's a wonder they still maintained a working relationship after, is Atlantic Records offered Toomp a grip of money to produce other artists on the label. According to Toomp, T.I. told the label that Toomp ain't deserve that kind of money. I think this was after "What You Know" blew up. Needless to say, Toomp was nowhere to be found on T.I.'s next album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., but Toomp did end up producing hits for Kanye and Jeezy, landing a track on Jay's American Gangster, working with Mariah Carey, and work with Nas and The Game in the pipeline. I don't know what happened to rectify what T.I. did, but Toomp ended up working on every T.I. album after.
disgusting. TI looking funny in the light.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
yep...T.I. was feeling himself too much, and that TI vs TIP was fukking trash