T.I. Says Iggy Azalea Criticism Pisses Him Off

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not true. The 'system' didn't help Machine Gun Kelly or that white guy who Eminem signed (cant even think of his name) up to a point. Having a guy like TI say hes backing anyone trying to go at her, sends a message.
lol yall having the exact same convo me and the wife had yesterday. literally i mentioned the same two white boys you just did to her. and she reminded me. White people dont like wiggers or those that seem like them. machine gun kelly and yelawolf are those types that the white masses never take to. see they are ok with white boys being crazy white boys on the mike like em. em never acted like a wigger. he acted like that crazy white boy you use to know. but he also was super talented. machine gun kelly and yela are talented. but not marshall talented. and they both give off a "oh you that white guy that acts black" vibe. this is why these two dont get that machine push like the others. nothing about iggy says wigger. it says she's an australian chick that sounds like a southern black girl. she doesnt run around TRYING to be black though. she just sounds like that on her songs. its just enough for white people to like. not too much for them to dislike it.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she surpasses Nicki, so what? Y'all don't like Nicki no way.
this is true. i dont like the fact nicki. i like the real nicki. so if she surpasses the fake nicki wont bother me one bit. the fake nicki is a white girl anyway. a fake lady gaga rapping. iggy is a fake southern girl thats a white girl..rapping. same same if you ask me. lol

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
lol yall having the exact same convo me and the wife had yesterday. literally i mentioned the same two white boys you just did to her. and she reminded me. White people dont like wiggers or those that seem like them. machine gun kelly and yelawolf are those types that the white masses never take to. see they are ok with white boys being crazy white boys on the mike like em. em never acted like a wigger. he acted like that crazy white boy you use to know. but he also was super talented. machine gun kelly and yela are talented. but not marshall talented. and they both give off a "oh you that white guy that acts black" vibe. this is why these two dont get that machine push like the others. nothing about iggy says wigger. it says she's an australian chick that sounds like a southern black girl. she doesnt run around TRYING to be black though. she just sounds like that on her songs. its just enough for white people to like. not too much for them to dislike it.

It gives me hope, makes me feel good that you see it. You recognize how they think, how this system works. I salute you.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
That's what makes it even more imperative that she speaks on it. She's going to perform vocal blackface, and then let a comment like TI's slide without saying anything? That is the height of irresponsibility and #inherent evil.

This is a teaching moment. She needs to start teaching.

I heard her say some shyt about aborigines on Sway In The Morning. It was some dumb shyt I'll have to find it

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard her say some shyt about aborigines on Sway In The Morning. It was some dumb shyt I'll have to find it
i saw that quote too and not to defend the chick. but lets be real TI is a lot older then she is. and he doesnt believe racism is a problem outside of the US from a whites vs blacks context. TI is her mentor. think about that for a moment. Iggy is how old? so lets just say shes acting her age and yes she's ignorant about the truth going on with those people. now if she ever reads a book or two or talk to those who knows whats up. then at that point she will know the truth and have to make a decision. play like it aint the truth or admit it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MGK and Yelawolf don't exactly fit what would be classified as wiggers. MGK is more so a stereotypical crazy white boy than Eminem. Yelawolf fits the Southern poor white trailor trash stereotype than a wigger. Both of them got a push. MGK more so than Yelawolf. Neither MGK or Yelawolf had a huge fanbase within Hip Hop and didn't have the crossover appeal to connect with audiences outside Hip Hop. Whether or not they were talented as Eminem is subjective.

Eminem definitely fit the wigger mold. Eminem was out here rocking durags and spent the early portion of his career begging for acceptance. He was crying about classic reviews that he didn't get from The Source.

Let's not act like Eminem doesn't have to play the game to stay relevant. He could go platinum without succumbing to having to release Pop bubblegum singles, but he maximizes his sales by getting that Rihanna stimulus package. As huge as Eminem is, dude's biggest single is "Love The Way You Lie" and "Monster" helped him cross the double platinum margin. He pretty much became everything he was against when debuted 15 years ago just to stay relevant. He went from dissing Pop stars (which ultimately helped him become one) to doing songs with them.

With Iggy, she currently has a few hit songs, but her album isn't even selling like that. Right now, she's pretty much in a Flo-Rida/Pitbull lane where she has huge singles, but her album isn't really poppin' like that. It's not like with Macklemore where he had big singles and the album also sold.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
MGK and Yelawolf don't exactly fit what would be classified as wiggers. MGK is more so a stereotypical crazy white boy than Eminem. Yelawolf fits the Southern poor white trailor trash stereotype than a wigger. Both of them got a push. MGK more so than Yelawolf. Neither MGK or Yelawolf had a huge fanbase within Hip Hop and didn't have the crossover appeal to connect with audiences outside Hip Hop. Whether or not they were talented as Eminem is subjective.

Eminem definitely fit the wigger mold. Eminem was out here rocking durags and spent the early portion of his career begging for acceptance. He was crying about classic reviews that he didn't get from The Source.

doesnt yelawolf have a black wife?

MGK has crazy white bul elements but he moreso reminds me of vanilla ice. and hes currently on the tv-one Unsung commercial looking like vanilla ice just joined a gang. i'd bet alot of white dudes dont like him but their girlfriends luv em.

eminem had wigger elements but they were more than compensated by his content which speaks directly to the heart of middle america. hes been their voice for the past 15 years. he can wear as many du-rags as he wants. now if he kept making the same music he did when he was underground, he wouldve never blew up, or at best he would be bubba sparxxx status under dr dre.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doesnt yelawolf have a black wife?

MGK has crazy white bul elements but he moreso reminds me of vanilla ice. and hes currently on the tv-one Unsung commercial looking like vanilla ice just joined a gang. i'd bet alot of white dudes dont like him but their girlfriends luv em.

eminem had wigger elements but they were more than compensated by his content which speaks directly to the heart of middle america. hes been their voice for the past 15 years. he can wear as many du-rags as he wants. now if he kept making the same music he did when he was underground, he wouldve never blew up, or at best he would be bubba sparxxx status under dr dre.

How does him having a black wife change anything?

MGK is the epitome of crazy white boy. "Wild Boy" speaks to that more so than anything.

Eminem was a wigger to the fullest and his content didn't compensate for that.